Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer Vs. 01 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
WOW.,....um, no they did not dyno (200).....240-250. The fix was reflash, exhaust, intake (and one more thing I forget though).

And I do agree, that not all 99s had teh fix....we will never know exactly how many got it, unforutnately.

BTW - teh teksid block was used up to 01.........that was the same casting as the 98. The problem with the 98s are they heads. they dont' flow as nice, and the cams as well....and, yep..they love boost.
The biggest problem was there was alot of unfinished welds/slag on the inside of the intake manifold that almost completely trashed the airflow (if I'm not mistaken). But yeah, the improved cars had that fixed, different exhaust (also a problem), and of course the reflash.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

I'm assuming your Evo 9 is modded in excess of 70WHP over stock, because a stock 01 Cobra will absolutely destroy a stock Evo 9 from a highway roll race, thats a joke.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
A IX with a TBE, Reflash and BC is a mid to low 12 sec car.

Why are you only running 20psi?
I love how you turbo ricer guys act like these cars can drop a full second off their 1/4 mile times with "just an exhaust, tune, and boost controller". If you leave the boost at stock levels instead of cranking it up and beating up on the motor, the time difference wouldn't even be close to a full second. More like a few tenths. What you neglect to mention is that the boost controller substantially ups the boost pressure, which is obviously going to make more power. How much more power depends on how much you up the boost.

You should say that they can be "mid to low 12 second cars" with a "full exhaust, tune, and a substantial increase in boost pressure via a boost controller".
Old 01-11-2007, 12:13 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by TransAminal
I love how you turbo ricer guys act like these cars can drop a full second off their 1/4 mile times with "just an exhaust, tune, and boost controller". If you leave the boost at stock levels instead of cranking it up and beating up on the motor, the time difference wouldn't even be close to a full second. More like a few tenths. What you neglect to mention is that the boost controller substantially ups the boost pressure, which is obviously going to make more power. How much more power depends on how much you up the boost.

You should say that they can be "mid to low 12 second cars" with a "full exhaust, tune, and a substantial increase in boost pressure via a boost controller".
Um... I think that's generally understood by most people...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Um... I think that's generally understood by most people...
Not necessarily. Boost controller inplies that you're tweaking the boost, not cranking it up to ungodly levels to make more power.

Its funny how ricers think you can crank up the boost as much as you want as long as its not detonating, however, its still taking its toll on the motor. Good luck having highly boosted motor last 75K or 100K miles, regardless of whether the motor is built for boost or not, its rough on everything.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
***Repost Police***

From what I've seen, they typically up it 3-7psi, depending on the fuel they're able to get.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

A stock IX runs almost 21psi stock. Most raise it to 23-24psi depending on octane gas and that is still very reliable. I know its hard for people like TransAnimal to understand but 23psi isnt "ungodly" high. A TBE, MBC, and tune will yeild 320+whp and can dip in the low low 12's. Some IX's have run 12's stock so thats not a full second difference. Will all drivers be able to pull those times? Of course not, but it is capable.

BTW the biggest advantage of a boost controller is to keep the boost from tapering at higher rpm's which stock Evo's do quite abit.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Teching In

i believe in the original post that i said 20 psi, which is stock boost.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Not necessarily. Boost controller inplies that you're tweaking the boost, not cranking it up to ungodly levels to make more power.

Its funny how ricers think you can crank up the boost as much as you want as long as its not detonating, however, its still taking its toll on the motor. Good luck having highly boosted motor last 75K or 100K miles, regardless of whether the motor is built for boost or not, its rough on everything.
Theyve been to 150k+ for 20 years with plenty of boost. Come out of the dark already. For christ sake there are guys on stock 4G63s that have 550whp+ on the stock block. The stock turbo and high boost levels are not taking a toll at all. Its a iron block, its fine. I know this may be hard to comprehend since your brain appears to be the size of an acorn. Just do this... the 5 second rule. Before you type something, think about it for 5 seconds and ask yourself is this logical? It never is, so stop wasting everyones time by making us read your replies which are completely off cue, senseless and offensive. Thanks!@

Last edited by Electric; 01-11-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Electric
Theyve been to 150k+ for 20 years with plenty of boost. Come out of the dark already. For christ sake there are guys on stock 4G63s that have 550whp+ on the stock block. The stock turbo and high boost levels are not taking a toll at all. Its a iron block, its fine. I know this may be hard to comprehend since your brain appears to be the size of an acorn. Just do this... the 5 second rule. Before you type something, think about it for 5 seconds and ask yourself is this logical? It never is, so stop wasting everyones time by making us read your replies which are completely off cue, senseless and offensive. Thanks!@
Stop wasting everyones time posting on here you moron ricer. You're calling me stupid, yet you're the one driving a 4 door "performance car". Congrats, you're a white trash riceboy.

I never said the stock 4G63 can't handle 550WHP. I said it can't handle that kind of power in the long run. You obviously have no comprehension of the stresses that boost puts on the internals of the engine. Did you even finish high school, or did you drop out so you could save up to buy your shitty Evo?? I'm guessing the latter, because you're a straight up retard if you can't understand that.

You aren't going to get over 100K miles reliably out of a highly boosted and modified 4G63. The rings will be more than shot by then, and the motor in general will be ready for an overhaul. Your precious Mitsubitchi engines aren't as great as you think they are riceboy.

Heres a 5 second rule for you...take 5 seconds and look at your car. If you don't start laughing at it, then you're a true moron riceboy.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Stop wasting everyones time posting on here you moron ricer. You're calling me stupid, yet you're the one driving a 4 door "performance car". Congrats, you're a white trash riceboy.

I never said the stock 4G63 can't handle 550WHP. I said it can't handle that kind of power in the long run. You obviously have no comprehension of the stresses that boost puts on the internals of the engine. Did you even finish high school, or did you drop out so you could save up to buy your shitty Evo?? I'm guessing the latter, because you're a straight up retard if you can't understand that.

You aren't going to get over 100K miles reliably out of a highly boosted and modified 4G63. The rings will be more than shot by then, and the motor in general will be ready for an overhaul. Your precious Mitsubitchi engines aren't as great as you think they are riceboy.

Heres a 5 second rule for you...take 5 seconds and look at your car. If you don't start laughing at it, then you're a true moron riceboy.
Original comeback, we never saw that coming. LOL Sometimes I really believe you are a 13 year old.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Original comeback, we never saw that coming. LOL Sometimes I really believe you are a 13 year old.
Thats all you can say, because as usual you are wrong.

Why don't you go borrow some more of Daddy's money and buy more mods for your piece of **** so you can brag somemore, *******.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Now my parents buy me things. You are 13 arent you. Just admit it. Oh and I dropped out of HS to buy my EVO, thats a good one. Where do you get this stuff? Hilarious! I said go home before but actually you should stay, I love reading what you type actually as it gives me something to laugh about. I love ignorant tools.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Now my parents buy me things. You are 13 arent you. Just admit it. Oh and I dropped out of HS to buy my EVO, thats a good one. Where do you get this stuff? Hilarious! I said go home before but actually you should stay, I love reading what you type actually as it gives me something to laugh about. I love ignorant tools.
Go home?? You mean like you should do, and go back to your riceboy Evo forums so you guys can cream yourselves over boost controllers and BOV's??

Get a life dude, seriously, it was funny before, but now you're just retarded

Do everyone a favor and "Go home", back to where people might actually like you and your shitty car.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Are you still talking?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

Are you still talking?
Are you still posting??

Go out and drive your Evo into a tree, it might actually look better after you're done
Old 01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

This is funny ****...the biggest troll on here is a supposed LS1 owner
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Are you still posting??

Go out and drive your Evo into a tree, it might actually look better after you're done
Stop.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
This is funny ****...the biggest troll on here is a supposed LS1 owner
Right...I'm trolling about LS1's on LS1tech, which is a site about LS1's.

Moron
Old 01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

Moron