Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me v.s. Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me v.s. Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG

I was at the light and the Mercedes pulls up next to me, he rolls down his windows and starts complimenting my car, I return the favor. So he tells me he use to own two T/A's and an I-ROC (still has one of the T/A's) and how he loves F-body's, he was a really cool guy and that Benz looked really nice. So he asks me if I want to do a quick race and I was happy to, we get on it and I hung for like 3 seconds and he start pulling hard, I let off at about 90 and he had atleast 4 lenghts on me, I was very impressed. I dunno what kind of power those cars get (hope my Bird aint runnin slow) but wow it was quick for such a heavy looking luxury car. He went into a left turn lane and gave me the thumbs up, as did i, really cool guy.

01 Trans Am WS6 A4, SLP LID and QTP electric cutout
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it was a big bodied car it had the supercharged v8 putting out 469hp-493hp and 516ftlbs torq not a car to take lightly very fast even the v6 powerd mercs get into the triple digits pretty fast.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice run. Especially since he had almost or at least 500 Fly-wheel HP.

Last edited by SmaknaSS; 02-02-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Misspeeld word
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, those are nice numbers, what a relief, I thought my TA was running slow
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12.2-12.4 in an E55, CLS is a little heavier, but they haul serious ***.. on the move they are probably quicker then most 12.0 cars, given their weight and Torque management issues on take off..
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

the benz are no joke i drive around a e320 it aint real fast on take off but after 60mph they get upto triple digits in no time i cant imagine what the 500hp version feels like.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

FWHP front wheel horse power sorry but all mercedes are real wheel drive or all wheel drive
Old 01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pugads650
FWHP front wheel horse power sorry but all mercedes are real wheel drive or all wheel drive
My bad, I meant HP measured at the Flywheel.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

so these benz's can hang with Z06's
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
so these benz's can hang with Z06's
Not really, perhaps a C5 Z06 if not driven well. However the M5/M6 trapped at 118 & 120mph respectively - look out!

Last edited by Deuuuce; 01-25-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I gotta be truthful i ******* despise those god damned euro performance cars, sure they got a nice interior and what not, but for what they cost, id want them tobe faster. all i hear about is "M5 this" and "AMG that".....and neither is still faster then a brand new z06, and in some instances, the C5 z06s and even my cobra ALL IN STOCK TRIM are just as fast, if not faster. Its defnitely a matter of taste, and sophistication. all that power and STILL a limit of 155MPH....yea, by defualt, a stock z06 c5 could hand all of them there asses on the 1/4 and a top speed run, and the sl65amg? new z06 will eat it, for less money. woo hoo nice interior...doesnt feel so nice when domestic garbage walks all over it does it?

god i hate euro cars, my rant is over
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

500hp luxury sport what's not to love?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
I gotta be truthful i ******* despise those god damned euro performance cars, sure they got a nice interior and what not, but for what they cost, id want them tobe faster. all i hear about is "M5 this" and "AMG that".....and neither is still faster then a brand new z06, and in some instances, the C5 z06s and even my cobra ALL IN STOCK TRIM are just as fast, if not faster. Its defnitely a matter of taste, and sophistication. all that power and STILL a limit of 155MPH....yea, by defualt, a stock z06 c5 could hand all of them there asses on the 1/4 and a top speed run, and the sl65amg? new z06 will eat it, for less money. woo hoo nice interior...doesnt feel so nice when domestic garbage walks all over it does it?

god i hate euro cars, my rant is over
**** the z06. if you see a z06 driving down the road most people will be oh look a corevette thats nice. but when you see soemthing like a twin turbo V12 sl65AMG you go OH ****!

they have nicer insides and are pretty ******* fast given their weight. the sl55 and ls65's arent very lightweight theyre pretty bulky for as small as they are. the z06 is fast and all and sure it may take down 1 or 2 of the euro cars but it still doesnt have the gusto they do
Old 01-26-2007, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tainted
**** the z06. if you see a z06 driving down the road most people will be oh look a corevette thats nice. but when you see soemthing like a twin turbo V12 sl65AMG you go OH ****!

they have nicer insides and are pretty ******* fast given their weight. the sl55 and ls65's arent very lightweight theyre pretty bulky for as small as they are. the z06 is fast and all and sure it may take down 1 or 2 of the euro cars but it still doesnt have the gusto they do
Doesnt have the gutso they do? your right, it doesnt, it has more. 11.3 is still besting ANY twin turbo amg time.

first off, if you read my post, youd know that i ALREADY gave them the credit for havin amazing interiors. and yes they can move for their weight but am i tho only one who finds it dumbfounding that a twin turbo sl65 is STILL slower then a z06 in the hands of equal drivers...all the Upper RPM power in the world wont help a 4200 pound car against one that weights under 3000 with ONLY 100 more hp

lets keep it real bro, if they dont know what a corvette z06 is, then im willing to bet that they dont know wtf a v12 twin turbo AMG benz is. yea that twin turbo 6.5 liter is SO amazing, but like i stated above, its getting its *** handed to it by car with 100 less hp and less weight. i guess if you like having an AMAZING interior yea, the benz is the better choise, but id take the faster car any day and ruin your nice day....but dont worry, those leather bound interiors will soothe and console their egos after its smashed. face it, if you drive a car that costs as much as an SL65(140k+), and you run into a 70k corvette z06 that beats you....your not gonna like yourself very much....hell, id know id be at the next chevy dealership i saw after that loss lol.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

lmao this is an awesome thread.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Launching!

What is this retard smoking?

The latest round of autobahn burners are amazing cars. Absolutely amazing.

Its like kicking a supermodel out of bed because she cant make apple pie. Retarded doesnt even begin to describe it. I dont give a **** if the fat chick at applebees can make great pie........
Old 01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pakisho

Its like kicking a supermodel out of bed because she cant make apple pie. Retarded doesnt even begin to describe it. I dont give a **** if the fat chick at applebees can make great pie........
Your right, retarted doesnt even describe it when the AMG owners get upstaged by my "Slowbra" at the local car club and claim i have nitrous somewere.

Oh its not that i dont think that there fast, cause they are but...they just dont impress me any more then the american cars and im far from biased, and when i saw that the Sl65 AMG was running 11.XX i wasnt all to impressed despite the fact motor trend said one of its pros was "gods personal engine". then again, i own an 11 second range car and STILL think its slow. im just not impressed by them really, its a personal thing. maybe you dont know what its like to own a car that can hang with some of the nastiest AMGs STOCK (03 cobra or c5 z06) for a fraction of the price and pull similar numbers. Oh wait, you DO own one of those cars. what are you smoking? I know i know its not about money when it comes to those cars but im just not impressed. any c5 z06 owners wanna chime in on how bad theyve ruined AMG owners days.....stock? i remb a little over a year ago they couldnt even get the modded sl65s into the 10s....did they get them there yet and dont even TRY to pull out some speacialty benz like Renntech or somehing, cause im talking about mods people do themselfs.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pakisho

Ill never kick my cobra out of bed cause it has a less then great interior. but i would take a sl65 out of my driveway if i EVER got beat by a STOCK GM.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Apples and oranges man,.... These are two different kinds of cars that should not even be compared IMHO. One is a luxury car and the other is a sports car.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Apples and oranges man,.... These are two different kinds of cars that should not even be compared IMHO. One is a luxury car and the other is a sports car.

In the end, it just comes back to the fact i really dont like euro cars lol.

Quick Reply: Me v.s. Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG