Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 stories...1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 stories...1 ?

SAVE ALL YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF ABOUT STREET RACING BEING STUPID/IRRISPONSIBLE PLEASE. THANKS!
First Story: So I almost went to jail the other night (honestly how can you look away now). I was headin back from goin out to eat and caught a light with my buddy (in his STi) and figured what the hell, so we get on it and i'm going sideways through the intersection of course and hes just takin off by about 100 i'm at his bumper by 120 i'm at his front door and still pulling like a sonna bitch...well I see traffic a good 3/4 mile up so I decide to slow down to the speed limit. Look in my rear view mirror and I see lights attempting to catch up lololol...well its either me or my friend getting the ticket...and he would lose his license...so i said **** it and pulled over...o I forgot to mention the speed limit is 40...so i was doing triple that ...yea....well he comes up to the window and was like Sir do you know what i pulled you over for? I smiled and said I have a pretty good idea. End result..just got a ticket for Exhibition of Speed. He said o and you need to slow down theres other people around I said i did slow down when i saw people coming up otherwise it was JUST me and him and thats it...he said that may be true but theres damp spots out here that could cause you to lose tract- I cut him off and said ya i saw that when i took off!(cuz the car going sideways)....over 500 dollars in fines (depending on how much he wanted to rape me) and going to jail or a 90 street racing ticket yah i didnt complain about it. Fortunately he didnt clock me .

Story #2: I heard some kid in a one of my classes talkin bout how he kills EVERYONE in his neon and they all say wtf a neon just beat me ????...well I wasnt gonna say anything cause just a waste of gas and not a big point in embarrasing him. Well I was headin home after school and he comes flyin up on me and tries to go and I was jammin so i said sure...I let him get a couple buslengths in front of me I was going 65...downshifted to third and by the time I hit 120 I had maybe 5 lengths on him??....the next day he didnt say a damn thing bout killin anyone.

And time for the question!!!
So a VR4 came into my school to get a starter replaced. Some kid was talking mad **** about how it kills vettes all day long...I proceeded to ask him what it has done to it...he said its 100% stock. I laughed and said wanna run em? He said sure but only from a roll...I offered to start from 60 and he took it graciously and wants to throw some money down on it...I know VR4s are heavier, and put around 220-240 to the wheels and do around the same 1/4 mile...so my question is how do they pull in comparison STOCK TO STOCK both manual vs an 98 TA from a 60mph roll? I would appreciate a quick answer on this...it'll depend how much money ima throw down
Old 01-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

THe Vr4 is AWD, im suprised he wanted to go from a roll. I think you should just spray on him.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

You should put your flamesuit on.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm completely stock minus exhaust (not TD)....and yes....i'm cleaning my flamesuit as we speak to put it on
Old 01-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

If it is definetly stock I would be pretty confident against him, from what I understand they run out of breath on the stock turbos. However you being an auto wait for some auto guys to chime in an suggest a roll speed to start out at considering your gears.

good luck.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Publix
THe Vr4 is AWD, im suprised he wanted to go from a roll. I think you should just spray on him.
he insisted on a roll saying that AWD is impossible to launch over 3500rpms cuz any AWD car dies instantly my friend can launch his STi at 5-6k with NO problems at all
Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Why would he get flamed?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You would murder the vr4. Most trap around high 13's, with low mph, do to there weight and awd.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford
You should put your flamesuit on.

Ok, from what speed did you go from a roll on when racing the STi?

Oh, and this is going to get nasty pretty quick, in before the .
Old 01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I'M M6 sry didnt make the clear in first post. Me and the STi went from a dig He put some lengths on me fast but I can catch up in the top end
Old 01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by baldwintpenguin
I'M M6 sry didnt make the clear in first post. Me and the STi went from a dig He put some lengths on me fast but I can catch up in the top end
Oh, ok, that makes more sense, lol, I thought you went from a roll, I was thinking, "Damn, what happend there?". Yeah, those cars are a bitch from a roll with a horrible launch. Take it to the track, .
Old 01-28-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

His STi ran a 13.5 at the local track...I gotta wait for it to warm up to see what mine will run...we are suppose to get a track day for my school cause my teacher just dropped a 350ci into an RX7 and he wants to run it...it looks clean as hell. I wanna race him to see what hes got
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

i think it will be a good race(THINK, tried racing a vr4 but he would nudge) but the outcome might **** you off, just dont put money down
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, get some nittos and that driver mod,
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

As a former VR4 owner, I can tell you that this guy is either bullshitting (if he's full BPU, i/boost controller/downpipe/e, then he will be close), or he doesn't know a thing about that car. If you dump the clutch on an AWD, the car will bog, but if you release it fast with a little slippage, the car will come outta the hole and net 1.6-1.7 60's on street tires (my best was a 1.8). So if he doesn't know how to launch, then he probably doesn't know anything else either.

I don't see how anyone could own that car, be into the scene, and not be on 3si learning this most rudimentary info. So he is either an idiot or he thinks you are. Get some juice and take it to the track. It's not worth risking him hitting someone and you catching a charge for his idiocy. Or he has some TD05's and will murder you.

BTW, for comparison, a BPU VR4 will beat a stock c5 m6 to about 80(if he nails the launch that is) where the vette will start to walk. The 9b turbo's tend to lose steam after 5500 rpms. I bet you got him from a roll if he's stock. LS1 FTW on the topend.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

the faster the roll the faster you will walk away...its just how it is with AWD cars

i say you have atleast 2 cars on him by 110....throw down $50??
Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

VR4 broke....they think some linkage came off dunno but I ran to an autoparts store and took him with me...i got up on it to 60 and was like damn...if only i could hook...he got REALLY quiet and was like..yah that'll put you in your seat a bit (didnt let him feel third gear thought i'd keep that a secret ). Either way when the car gets fixed i'll post some results
Old 01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Those cars have the worst case of breakage I have ever seen. Mine spun bearings twice before I wised up and got an ls1.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by baldwintpenguin
His STi ran a 13.5 at the local track...I gotta wait for it to warm up to see what mine will run...we are suppose to get a track day for my school cause my teacher just dropped a 350ci into an RX7 and he wants to run it...it looks clean as hell. I wanna race him to see what hes got

That 7 will murder you.