Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra VS. TRANS AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Becuase most of them dont due gear swaps or 1/4 racing. Thats not what there geared for.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
If its so simple then why aren't all modded Supras 9 second cars in the 1/4th?
One word; traction. Or lack there of. Thats why you see a lot of mid 11 second Supras that trap 135+MPH in the quarter.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

So how does that Supra cut 1.3 60' on stock 85k mile suspension?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good tires I suppose. Although in this silver supras case he is an auto, so he has a torque converter as well.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

I know this may be hard to understand but everyone likes something different.

Originally Posted by CALL911
Good tires I suppose.
Pretty much. Woon cuts very low 60ft times and hi scar is manual.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Same reason all stock Z06's dont run 10's stock and all Kenne bell Cobras dont run 10's. Whats your point? I knew a few Kenne bell Cobras both over 600+ rwhp and running on the same tire as me on island. NEITHER could break into the 10's like I was and one couldnt even get out of the 12's.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
I know this may be hard to understand but everyone likes something different.
You're telling me you would rather have a 12 second car over a 9 second car? Maybe your skirt is too short?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FEARSM
Same reason all stock Z06's dont run 10's stock and all Kenne bell Cobras dont run 10's. Whats your point? I knew a few Kenne bell Cobras both over 600+ rwhp and running on the same tire as me on island. NEITHER could break into the 10's like I was and one couldnt even get out of the 12's.
I haven't seen a new stock Z06 in the 12's yet and they only run 126mph. I've seen a Supra run 130mph and only be in the high 11's. I've witnessed a pulleyed Cobra on 17" wheels run 11.4@119mph. These KB Cobras that are in the 12's must be driven by a retired sales lady from a dept store at the mall. What is your point? Are you trying to say that most all Supra drivers suck or are you just saying that Supras in general suck at the drag strip? Because I don't hardly see any domestics running slow times with crazy trap speeds where I go. My car ran 10.9@126mph last season and I had less than 600rwhp. Maybe I am missing your point?

Oh and I didn't have a point, I was asking if it was such a simple setup why isn't all Supras in the 9's? Hell why aren't over 10 Supras in the 9's?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I haven't seen a new stock Z06 in the 12's yet and they only run 126mph. I've seen a Supra run 130mph and only be in the high 11's. I've witnessed a pulleyed Cobra on 17" wheels run 11.4@119mph. These KB Cobras that are in the 12's must be driven by a retired sales lady from a dept store at the mall. What is your point? Are you trying to say that most all Supra drivers suck or are you just saying that Supras in general suck at the drag strip? Because I don't hardly see any domestics running slow times with crazy trap speeds where I go. My car ran 10.9@126mph last season and I had less than 600rwhp. Maybe I am missing your point?

Oh and I didn't have a point, I was asking if it was such a simple setup why isn't all Supras in the 9's? Hell why aren't over 10 Supras in the 9's?
Look at my sig. I ran a better ET than you at 2 mph slower AND that was under 600 running on DRAG RADIALS. My point is, different tracks, different drivers and different setups. Most Supras trap high and ET low because of traction. Alot of them go to the track on street tires.
6 spds are VERY hard to launch because of IRS. I have seen PLENTY of domestics mph high and ET low here. 90% of the time its because they are running a street tire.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Look at my sig. I ran a better ET than you at 2 mph slower AND that was under 600 running on DRAG RADIALS. My point is, different tracks, different drivers and different setups. Most Supras trap high and ET low because of traction. Alot of them go to the track on street tires.
6 spds are VERY hard to launch because of IRS. I have seen PLENTY of domestics mph high and ET low here. 90% of the time its because they are running a street tire. Apparently you seem to think that ALL cars run like the cars in your area. Not the case.
I guess I see what you are saying...Either way that 9 second combo is NOT simple. There is no 9 second car that is simple. If that was the case then True Street winners would be in the 5's.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

6 spds are VERY hard to launch because of IRS. I have seen PLENTY of domestics mph high and ET low here. 90% of the time its because they are running a street tire.
No matter how fast your car may be, you import guys ALWAYS have excuses for something. Don't you get tired of making exuses for everything after a while??
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Teching In

I guess I see what you are saying...Either way that 9 second combo is NOT simple. There is no 9 second car that is simple. If that was the case then True Street winners would be in the 5's.
As far as the Supra goes, its very simple. Maybe he should have clarified on that. Its on the stock block, stock intake manifold I believe and just basically has a fuel system, bolt on turbo kit and standalone engine management.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

You're telling me you would rather have a 12 second car over a 9 second car? Maybe your skirt is too short?
No that is not what I am telling you. Lets do it slower this time and in more detail because obviously you can understand a simple concept.

Not everyone who modifies a car has the same goal as then next guy. Some people like to make good power but don't care what times they may run. Some people like to road race some people like show cars. Not everyone is chasing after the lowest ET.

I am suprised you could tell my skirt was so low since you head is really far up your ***. Now stop looking at my ***** dangeling.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMfan
No matter how fast your car may be, you import guys ALWAYS have excuses for something. Don't you get tired of making exuses for everything after a while??
Uh..who am I making excuses for? Anybody who is over 500 rwhp running on a unprepped track on street tires is crazy domestic or import. I dont need to make excuses for anyone, my car runs fine.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

As far as the Supra goes, its very simple. Maybe he should have clarified on that. Its on the stock block, stock intake manifold I believe and just basically has a fuel system, bolt on turbo kit and standalone engine management.
Thats insane...Still you can make a domestic hit 9's for cheaper.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Thats insane...Still you can make a domestic hit 9's for cheaper.
Of course..the initial cost of the Supra alone is more than most 9 sec domestics. Its all a preference though, you work with what you like.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMfan
Don't you get tired of being banned just to sign up again and regurgitate the same ignorant bullshit. Obviously not.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
No that is not what I am telling you. Lets do it slower this time and in more detail because obviously you can understand a simple concept.

Not everyone who modifies a car has the same goal as then next guy. Some people like to make good power but don't care what times they may run. Some people like to road race some people like show cars. Not everyone is chasing after the lowest ET.

I am suprised you could tell my skirt was so low since you head is really far up your ***. Now stop looking at my ***** dangeling.

So why would you take a car to the track then if you are into road racing or don't care what time you run? Let me go alittle slower for you...He posted a video of a Supra at the drag strip (drag strip is the key word here). I then said why don't all Supras run 9's if it is so simple? You completely jump to another topic and start talking about road racing and no one goes to the track. (why? when we are talking about the track) If you aren't interested in the 1/4 then DONT GO. I'm saying why are the ones that DO GO not in the 9's? I didn't think that was too hard to understand. Maybe you need to pull your thumb out of your ***?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Of course..the initial cost of the Supra alone is more than most 9 sec domestics. Its all a preference though, you work with what you like.
True that
Old 02-14-2007, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

So why would you take a car to the track then if you are into road racing or don't care what time you run? Let me go alittle slower for you...He posted a video of a Supra at the drag strip (drag strip is the key word here). I then said why don't all Supras run 9's if it is so simple? You completely jump to another topic and start talking about road racing and no one goes to the track. (why? when we are talking about the track) If you aren't interested in the 1/4 then DONT GO. I'm saying why are the ones that DO GO not in the 9's? I didn't think that was too hard to understand. Maybe you need to pull your thumb out of your ***?
I can go to any track in the nation and see a ton of people, import or domestic, that are at the track to hold wait for it........ here ot comes........ have a good time. Do everyone of them go out and try to get the most out of there car, not by any means. Some people just like to see what more a car can do. I know a lot of the guys woth high ends cars could give two ***** about ET, trap speed, 60ft, or what they picked up after the 1/8th. They go to have fun. I guess the guy with a brand Z06 than went 13's most of the night is solid proof that the Z06 is a total POS. Or the guy woth the GTO that would wheel hop to the most amazing 2.6 60ft I have even seen means that all GTO's are horrible cars. I talked to the guy in the Z06 and he said he just wanted to see what his car would do woth him driving. He also said he had never been drag racing or even really drove fast before so it was a nice experiance.

As for you thinking if people don't like drag racing then don't go, how about you take your own advice. If you don't like threads about imports then don't post in them. Simple as that.

Again this is a simple idea. Some Supra's have gone super fast with mimimal money into them. Some F bodies have done the same and this can be said for almost any car. The point I am trying t make is that you and the few ignorant people are holding onto stereo types from at least 5 years ago and trying to pass them off as fact. The import scene has grown by leaps and bonds in the last few years and you guys childishly let that get to you.

Quick Reply: Supra VS. TRANS AM