Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone raced a Jeep srt-8?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The torque management and gearing sucks on the SS. Most SRT-8's you see are pulling 1.7-1.8 60's while SS's are pulling 2.0-2.1's, calculate that into the 1/4 and you have the difference in the two right there.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buffman
He gained over a full second just with tuning? Are you sure he doesnt have more done? I know most people run low low 14s to high 13s stock with TBSS (awd and rwd). I know some guys with simple mods (filter, and a tune) that have run mid 13s.
His truck ran 13.70'S with 1500 miles on it. I'm not knocking the Jeep performance wise but GM uses waaaaay more TM on vehicles wwith 4L60E's than almost any combo built, don't believe it, get someone to do a printout of the timing retard and throttle break at full throttle launches and shift points, you'll be amazed.
The problem for me is if I wanted a performance suv, I'd want want one that would pull my boats and other trailers, the SRT8 won't, the TB SS will. After all, if I don't need a truck, why not buy a lighter, faster car?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

^^ Yeah well within what I stated stock. Im just wondering how he claims to go 12.7s with only a tune, when obviously checking TonyGXP signature, he is running 12.5s and he's on DRs and is running a stall. I dont see how a single tune alone an intake, and no other mods is only going to result in .2 slower than say TonyGXP times.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MikesTorched05GT
Not sure if your familiar or not with this but Try holding the tcs botton for 8 seconds....it should indicate in your dash tcs has been fully deactivated.... just pushing it only deactivates it by 80% or something like that
That only works on the LX platform SRT8s. The GCs only have an 80% reduction.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Yeah and after that, GC will prolly be discontinued if I remember reading something right.
That hasn't been decided yet. For obvious reasons I really hope not.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
WOW thats nuts!! Is that the hemi their gonna stick in the challenger
Yes, the same motor will power all remaining SRT8 variants.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fastSS2002
oh really...when i was stock i beat one by 2 cars 3 times in a row from a stop.maybe you should go back to your "SRT" boards with that nonsence.Thats all i see you do here is say how bad *** those srt's are ...well it wasnt so bad *** when my stock F-body chewed it up and spit it out now was it....pfft...SRT=The biggest scam dodge ever pulled.

Wow....guess that tampon got stuck there huh???

I guess you winning a "race" is enough for your little, constricted world.

At least is good to see that the majority of answers and arguments where discussed in the mature way adult people communicate. Sad to see there is some here like you giving a bad name to real car enthusiasts.

A scam, huh? Well sales dont follow that view dont you think?? An engine that has more power than a stock LS1....oooops!! How can that be??? Thank God I (and lots of good guys here) have the capacity to enjoy and share the great cars we have..... Wait until the Challenger arrives so you can witness the next big scam.....pathetic kid
Old 02-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman
Wow....guess that tampon got stuck there huh???

I guess you winning a "race" is enough for your little, constricted world.

At least is good to see that the majority of answers and arguments where discussed in the mature way adult people communicate. Sad to see there is some here like you giving a bad name to real car enthusiasts.

A scam, huh? Well sales dont follow that view dont you think?? An engine that has more power than a stock LS1....oooops!! How can that be??? Thank God I (and lots of good guys here) have the capacity to enjoy and share the great cars we have..... Wait until the Challenger arrives so you can witness the next big scam.....pathetic kid
What more do i have to do then win the race 3 times in a row dumbass ?Your the guy who said ls1's get walked buy the jeep everytime .Maybe i would appreciate the cars a little more,but morons like you and the whole damn SRT click are the ones that ruin it with all your bullshit talk...now go home to your SRT boards where your your still trying to figure out those damn PCM's. ...bwhahahah
Old 02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

...and on that mature note lets continue.....we see your argument level, now shut up, let adults talk, thank you...LOL!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

...and on that mature note lets continue.....we see your argument level, now shut up, let adults talk, thank you...LOL!!!

Oh damn you got me with the your mature and im a child comment for the second time in this thread.If you dont have anything to back up your claim other then the noise that comes from your keyboard,keep it to yourself.I belive im the second guy in this thread that said they have raced and beaten one when they were stock but you continue your rant.And why do you patrol these boards if your love of "Teh SRT" is so great?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GotStroke?
Believe me I was just as surprised. It was definitely an LS1, my other car is a 98 Cobra so I've grown quite accustom to spotting the competition.
Just about 2 mos. ago I put 3 cars on a Misu EVO from ~70-120. Again, driver error is always a possibility, but who knows.
Those are the only two "races" I've had to date, kind of disappointing.
Well I'm not surprised you pulled on the Evo from a roll unless it was the new Evo 9. The Evo 8's weren't that great from a roll and don't trap that high stock.(99-103) I think the GC SRT-8 has higher trap speeds than the Evo 8.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Launching!

I fail to see what is the difference between what you say and I said.......In the 1/8 race or the 1/4 race a stock LS1 WILL get walked dude...sorry but thats how it goes. Too much torque, too much HP and too much traction for a stoc LS1 to handle. Stock vs stock, ok?? From a roll at highway speeds the LS1 has the edge......
Too much torque and hp to handle?? That's bulls**t. A well driven LS1 F-Bod is a low 13 sec car trapping at 105+. Yeah the GC SRT-8 will get the jump off the line with it's AWD but an LS1 F-bod will pull back on top end. From a roll I give the lighter and more aerodynamic LS1 F-Bod the advantage.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

^^I guess you have not seen that "jump" Im talking about.....all fours at the same time, it literally "jumps"...they are, again, a sight to see. You all talk like the Jeep is a pig at top end....well its not. The LS1 has some advantage but the Jeep is by no means that far behind. Stock Jeeps have hit the high 12's....yep stock down to the air filter.

The real advantage LS1 have in general is the vast of tuning options available. Like TonyGXP said, once the SRT8 have access to this it will be even more evident. The 6.1 HEMI is way more powerful than the LS1...period. Check my sig...Im not a SRT or GM fanatic....Im a CAR fanatic. And yes the LS1 can loose...sorry to break it to you...
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Ok guys heres a video of the srt-8's the 300c srt8 has 400whp, the Jeep is stock. Jeeps runs very very strong. Best SUV ever!
http://www.salinasracing.com/videos/...tlleofsrt8.wmv
Old 02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

^^ Yeah well within what I stated stock. Im just wondering how he claims to go 12.7s with only a tune, when obviously checking TonyGXP signature, he is running 12.5s and he's on DRs and is running a stall. I dont see how a single tune alone an intake, and no other mods is only going to result in .2 slower than say TonyGXP times.
I don't live with him, but that's all he professes to have done. I've seen under the hood, anything else would have to be internal, there's no N20 or anything like that. I can't swear to the fact that he hasn't done more, but I really doubt it.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh come on that has got to be special effects or something!! LOL!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Launching!

^^I guess you have not seen that "jump" Im talking about.....all fours at the same time, it literally "jumps"...they are, again, a sight to see. You all talk like the Jeep is a pig at top end....well its not. The LS1 has some advantage but the Jeep is by no means that far behind. Stock Jeeps have hit the high 12's....yep stock down to the air filter.

The real advantage LS1 have in general is the vast of tuning options available. Like TonyGXP said, once the SRT8 have access to this it will be even more evident. The 6.1 HEMI is way more powerful than the LS1...period. Check my sig...Im not a SRT or GM fanatic....Im a CAR fanatic. And yes the LS1 can loose...sorry to break it to you...
Don't get me wrong I don't think the LS1 is unbeatable. I was just responding to the way you sounded in your post. You made it sound like the GC SRT-8 is easily faster than an LS1 and that's false by a mile. I know you probably didn't mean it that way but that's how it sounded. The SRT-8's are not superior to the LS1.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

don't get me wrong i'm sure they are quick...it will just be nice to see the 6.1 hemi in something other than a ridiculous suv or sedan or station wagon
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I raced one and was VERY impressed. I think they may be faster than a stock C5 Vett.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I could have a SUV it would be either a new Escalade or a SRT-8 GC. From what I have seen ad read they are definitely quick for stock. Some of them I have seen stock trapped faster than my 99 t/a, when I did have it. I have actaully talked to guys that wanted Range Rovers, said **** on those and get a SRT-8. Two of them already bought the SRT-8's! One silver one black. They are badass for sure. Dodge has some great stuff out there right now and what is coming out.

btw I ahve seen TBSS's run at the track before and pull high 13's to low 14's. They were stock. A guy running over a second faster with just a retune in his TBSS is total bs!!!!! I really hope that a few of you guys don't believe that ****.