Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs Porshe Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LS1 vs Porshe Cayman

Well i have been out looking for one of these cars for forever. Well last nite i was going down a 2 lane road when i come to an interesection and i see the silver porshe sittin at the light so when i go across the intersection i hit it a few times . Well i continue to just drive on figuring some rich guy isn't gunna be racing his car. Well out of no where i see some lights come up on my *** and the speed limit is 55 and im going bout 60.. So i give it a lil gas a romp on it a lil bit up to bout 90 and he stays right with me. So i know he's game.

So we come up to a straight away and i pull onto the other side of the road bc i seen that there were no cars around us and it was clear. so he pulls beside me and says nice car man. I tell him thanks and ask him if he would like to race from a dead stop. He agrees so i stall up my torque converter and tell him to leave when he's ready. Ive got it stalled up to round 2300-2500 when he hits it, he jumps out about 1/2 car to a car on me out the hole but as soon as i hit it i was already pulled around him in 1st then when it hit 2nd i was prob a good couple cars ahead (2 - 2-1/2) and i stop it at the top of 2nd round 80mph.. It was awesome racing an exotic car, and then he actually told me i had a nice car.

Freaking awesome way to end my nite Oh and BTW this was all on motor i did not spray him with my nitrous..
Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled to a red light one night and saw 2 sets head lights coming up on me fast....I knew one was my buddies but I didn't know the other.....the other car pulled up next to me and it was also a porsha suv....I didn't rev at him or anything just looked over...he looked at me like he was pissed off this guy looked like my old high school principal .....the light turned green and I took off normal when all of the sudden he came flying by me....good thing I was still in 1st....I got on it and as soon as I passed him back up he hit the brakes and turned off
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Well ya i know your talking about the porshe cayenne, those i think have ike 450hp which is pretty nasty for an SUV. props to porshe for doing that but its still out of most people price bracket..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Nice kill!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Nice kill! You're lucky to race one. I've only seen Women drive those things.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya it was alot of fun. I knew with my stall that from a roll it would prob not be the same turn out but i knew from a dig that it was bout to get ugly HAHA
Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill.

at least dude was cool.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Nice Kill!

btw. Cayman and boxsters are not really fast when they are stock
Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
On the tree

The cayman and cayenne are two different vehicles. The Cayenne is the SUV, the Cayman is a car and is the new entry level Porsche that is right under the Carrera.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Well lol all i know is he got his *** handed to him pretty roughly
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...yman&trimid=-1 ya their light lil things so their power to weight is pretty good. I think i read that the 0-60 on those things are in the mid 4's