Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 camaro vs. early 90's Talon

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This ******* has a terrible posting history. In his last 100 posts, 5 werent blatant trolling. I see another ban in his future.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

I have posted a similar statement many times so I will just copy and paste it this time.

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
I can't help but post on this issue. DSM can be VERY reliable.

Here is why most are not, people are ******* cheap and lazy. Simple as that.

If part X breaks and a know good replacment part is 10.00 but some hack job POS part is 7.50 95% of DSM owners will go with the hacked part. It doesn't always have to be a money issue either. I have seen tons of DSM that are just half assed put together. A fuel pump rewire that isn't done with nice spade connectors, the correct size and length wire, soldered connections, and shrink wrapped connections. Nope why do that when we have 15 1ft lengths of left over wire and 300 butt connectors. Sure half of that wire I am using is speaker wire, but I need to get this done now. Then these stupid *** people are the FIRST to cry when there car ends up being a POS. Because of this everyone assumes that to have a good running DSM someone MUSt put at least 20K into one and this is untrue. I spent about 10K on my car including the purchase price and it has NEVER let me down. I daily drove it for a year and took it to CA twice. During that time the only problems I had were a broken battery cable, and my clutch master went out.

As for the OP his car probably had minimal mods. DSM can be fast but with minor bolt ons they are basically a quick car, nothing special.
and this is a reponse to the typical, "once it is modded it will blow up everyday."

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
My car is far from stock. It doesn't have a huge turbo by todays standards (20G @ 22 lbs on 91 pump), but it runs great. The reason for this is I spent money were it counts and did things correctly THE FIRST TIME. As an example, I am not expecting to have a stock tranny hold up to 380+ AWHP I had mine built by Shep. I spent 1600.00 once and never looked back. I see kids spending 300-400 a pop on mystery trannies hoping they will hold up and after two or three they decide to go with a better option, like a Shep tranny. At that point they pay the same 1600 I did, but they also lost 300-400 for the other half assed trannies they bought.
As always common sense is key but given some of the members arguing I will assume that common sense will be left out.

For that special someone I will make your replies for you.

Stupid ricer **** GTFO.
You car is a big pill of ****.
Go kill youself you're a watse.

As for the original question. Without knowing what is done to the car it is a mystery. It could be a bolt on car and run low 13's. It could be a running a 35R and all supporting mods and run low 10's. No one knows.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

i wish i wouldve had my video camera at the track a few weeks ago.this wad 2g talon ran a 10.70then went to run again he made it to about the 330 and it went kafucking boom klunk klunk rattle rattle.they had to open the middle gate and push it off the track.
reminded me of some of my regreted ricer days.long long ago
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
i wish i wouldve had my video camera at the track a few weeks ago.this wad 2g talon ran a 10.70then went to run again he made it to about the 330 and it went kafucking boom klunk klunk rattle rattle.they had to open the middle gate and push it off the track.
reminded me of some of my regreted ricer days.long long ago
Yeah dawg, cause **** - only ricers do THAT!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Yea- kinda what I was thinking, at least the Eclipse ripped off a 10 before it blew-ya know, fast cars kinda do that sometimes
Old 03-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

Yes, because the nitrous couldn't have caused that or anything. ******* dumbass.

Why don't you show a vid of a bolt on Corvette doing that. Its a very, very rare thing.

Yet that piece of **** DSM blew up without any nitrous. It comes from the factory with boost. Its just a piece of ****.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

You're such a moron, all you do is try and counter every negative import comment with a stupid comment of your own or a some bullshit video, as in this case.

Someone made a comment, let is go, this is LS1tech, not faggotriceboy.com. If you want to represent your precious imports go somewhere else, nobody gives a **** here.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Banned

Yes, I'm the moron who takes two posts to call someone a ***. You sure got me there boy! Better not tell this POS VW Bus it sucks, it'll hand you your *** on the track! There are plenty of "shitty" imports that will make your car look like a boat anchor. Hell, my car prolly would, and its trapping 110 in the 1/8th.

But what do I know, its an import and its OBVIOUSLY my only car.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XakEp
Yes, I'm the moron who takes two posts to call someone a ***. You sure got me there boy! Better not tell this POS VW Bus it sucks, it'll hand you your *** on the track! There are plenty of "shitty" imports that will make your car look like a boat anchor. Hell, my car prolly would, and its trapping 110 in the 1/8th.

You obviously are slow at reading, so I split it into two posts. Glad you noticed, dipshit.

What the hell does that VW bus prove?? Someone had a desire to make it a sleeper, and thats unique. Good for them.

At least they did something different, instead of being like every other import poseur *** who finds a piece of **** DSM and tries to make it fast. And then in the end you have a "fast", horrible sounding, unreliable piece of **** Mitsubishi that nobody respect anyway.

You'll never learn though.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
You obviously are slow at reading, so I split it into two posts. Glad you noticed, dipshit.

What the hell does that VW bus prove?? Someone had a desire to make it a sleeper, and thats unique. Good for them.

At least they did something different, instead of being like every other import poseur *** who finds a piece of **** DSM and tries to make it fast. And then in the end you have a "fast", horrible sounding, unreliable piece of **** Mitsubishi that nobody respect anyway.

You'll never learn though.
Yes, because you can tell how my car sounds over the INTARNET! W00000! Seriously, you post nothing but fallacies and unsubstantiated claims. Why the hell should I take someone who cant even prove they own a car and not a bus pass seriously? My car is a sleeper, because it makes almost triple the stock power, and the exterior is bone stock, the idle is only 200 rpms higher than stock and I dont have a massive buzz cannon on the back.

Its a pile of **** mitsu that'll hand you your *** and take your money all the way to the bank. But a random ******** on the INTARNET thinks its a heap, so I should do what he says. Hrmm....
Old 03-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Yes, because you can tell how my car sounds over the INTARNET! W00000! Seriously, you post nothing but fallacies and unsubstantiated claims. Why the hell should I take someone who cant even prove they own a car and not a bus pass seriously? My car is a sleeper, because it makes almost triple the stock power, and the exterior is bone stock, the idle is only 200 rpms higher than stock and I dont have a massive buzz cannon on the back.

Its a pile of **** mitsu that'll hand you your *** and take your money all the way to the bank. But a random ******** on the INTARNET thinks its a heap, so I should do what he says. Hrmm....
Hey *******, take a step back and realize something:

You are on LS1Tech. I didn't go over to DSMfags.com and say your car was shitty. You came here, to a forum thats not about your car, to try and get respect for it. I think its a piece of ****, as does anyone else with the slightest hint of taste in automobiles. So do everyone a facor and if yo don't like it, because we'd all be better off.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
as does anyone else with the slightest hint of taste in automobiles
See, its the retarded **** like this that gets everyone pissed off at you. The sooner you realize that you are nothing more than a vocal minority, the less drama there will be on this site.

I'm not claiming that DSMs are superior

I'm not claiming that 4 cylinders are superior to V8s

However, you seem to think I am. You're pretty much making all the same arguments that I am, except you think that insulting my DSM will hurt my feelings. Let me clue you in...

My first car in HS was a 71 Chevy Impalla. Every car my family owned for the first 24 years of my life was a chevy with a V6 or V8 in it, and it wasnt until 2002 that my parents actually bought a Subaru instead of a Chevy. The DSM was the first non chevy car I've ever owned, and I actually have a 73 Duster right now. My dream car is a 1968 RS Camaro, just like the one in Better off Dead.

But I'm just an ignorant ricer. WTF do I know. I just like to do something different now and again, and suddenly I'm an ignorant ricer and the last 30 years of my life were spent preparing me for the moment that I had a DSM and you could call me a ricer. Oh, my feelings are hurt.

Idiot child. You do not own a WS6, and you have no comprehension about the topic material at hand other than test driving an AWD import that wasnt even a DSM and claim that feathering the clutch for 500 feet was needed.

Thats as retarded as telling a network engineer that their token ring is lost in the ethernet somewhere, and you'll have to format the interface to find it. Get AIDS.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

See, its the retarded **** like this that gets everyone pissed off at you. ................ Get AIDS.
Dude don't lower yourself like this. Do you honestly think anything that anyone says on here will change the stupid **** he types? It is like trying to convince a racist why being racist is dumb, it just won't happen.

Just let him go about his pathetic life of getting banned and making up new names just to say the same stupid **** over and over again.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Launching!

all of you guys sound like a bunch of ******* lackey's.

seriously. no matter what you say.....youve got 2 post and you drive a talon and your on a ls1 message board talking ****. do you actually THINK that ***** not going to be brought up?

WHO CARES?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ

seriously. no matter what you say.....youve got 2 post and you drive a talon and your on a ls1 message board talking ****. do you actually THINK that ***** not going to be brought up?

WHO CARES?
INTERNET - SERIOUS BUSINESS
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Default damn a hippy ricer

i dont care how fast that thing is i wouldn't be cuafgt dead driving that ugly piece of ****.it would take a complete stoner to beef up a micro bus.i think the other cars were afraid it was gonna tip over on them in the turns so they let him pass for safety reasons
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ

WHO CARES?
Well said!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
i dont care how fast that thing is i wouldn't be cuafgt dead driving that ugly piece of ****.it would take a complete stoner to beef up a micro bus.i think the other cars were afraid it was gonna tip over on them in the turns so they let him pass for safety reasons
This coming from someone that owns two mustangs and an Fbody. Like youre one to talk about body roll.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

i promise you my two mustangs have very little body roll.the fbody is set up for 1/4 mile yeah it leans a little.that video was stupid you degraded your respect level hear{ls1tech} even more by posting that hippy freak bus.most of the cars it passed were not even on the throttle
Old 03-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Actually what Xak said is pretty dead on. I dont begrudge anyone defending themselfs against some ******* ripping on them. I have the guy on ignore list, so I only see half the argument. But Xak's hardly trolling with comments like "V8s do rule the land in drag racing and have for years". So the old "what do you expect" argument is dead in the water.

Is it pointless to argue with whathisSNthistime? Yes.
Can you begrude someone for doing it? Not really.

Ignore list is a beautiful thing.