Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple runs w/ charger SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_W
I don't know what s/c he's running but that much whine sounds more like 14 lbs of boost.
Actually its a remote mount STS Turbo and he is only running 4lbs. of boost
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MYSRT8U
I say it's pretty quick. only 4 lbs of boost and trapping 123.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MYSRT8U
That remote mount with low boost should lag badly, and normally more noise equals more boost unless he has noisy bearings or something. I've owned one turbo car and one s/c car, both were fairly quiet below 7-8 lbs of boost. He might just be pulling your leg a wee bit. It takes a lot of h.p. trap a 4200+ lb car at 123 mph and get that et with no posi, meaning he,s having to sacrifice holeshot.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that pretty fast for 4psi......123 trap!! he must be running more boost than that
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

I've also raced an srt-8 charger , he saw me coming up to the light and got ready like he was going to take me , the light turned green and slammed it at about 20or 30 and got about a car ,hit second and pulled some more. I had about 3 cars when i let off. we hit the next light , and i get ready ,the light turns green and this time i get him big time out of the hole, by the time i'm ready to hit 3rd i let off again cause i had at least 4-5 cars . But nice kill thats what i like to hear from other SS.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Nice run Marlon!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Nice one.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Randy_W
That remote mount with low boost should lag badly, and normally more noise equals more boost unless he has noisy bearings or something. I've owned one turbo car and one s/c car, both were fairly quiet below 7-8 lbs of boost. He might just be pulling your leg a wee bit. It takes a lot of h.p. trap a 4200+ lb car at 123 mph and get that et with no posi, meaning he,s having to sacrifice holeshot.
Actually HE IS ONLY RUNNING 4LBS OF BOOST and yes its true it take alot of hp to trap 123mph. A Stock SRT8 traps between 105-112mph os 4 lbs of boost is reliable for another 12mph

here is a vid of another guy we know that is stock except a very slight ECU upgrade
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...0b0151100e.htm
Old 02-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Teching In

do you guys ever come to east side sn jose?.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're almost an entire year late.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

If the SRT8 Charger owner didn't have ESP off, no wonder you killed him so easily. ESP makes the car a kitten,pulling timing and enabling tc/ah/ and numerous other nannies. My SRT8 Charger is like a different car with ESP off, but just pushing it while driving only enables partial removal of the nannies. If the car is in park, hold down the ESP until you hear a chime and all is turned off. Most owners don't bother reading up on this stuff. Not taking away from your kill, but it would've been , lets say, more interesting.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

my buddy has as srt-8, before that he had a daytona with cai, headers, exhaust and said he went even with an ls1 ws6, when i told him i beat a daytona in my LT1 he thought it was impossible, then he went on to say he thought about buying a c5 Z06 over the srt-8 but it was just as heavy as his charger with less hp, and wasn't worth it. wow!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Evilways
If the SRT8 Charger owner didn't have ESP off, no wonder you killed him so easily. ESP makes the car a kitten,pulling timing and enabling tc/ah/ and numerous other nannies. My SRT8 Charger is like a different car with ESP off, but just pushing it while driving only enables partial removal of the nannies. If the car is in park, hold down the ESP until you hear a chime and all is turned off. Most owners don't bother reading up on this stuff. Not taking away from your kill, but it would've been , lets say, more interesting.
All the times I've beaten Fbodies (stock ones) have just been with ESP partially off. I just leave it that way driving daily. Nice Vette btw!!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I ran a charger srt8 twice on the freeway.

The first run he motioned me to go first He must have no clue about the ls1. But i pulled on him very easily and just walked away from him. After about a 2 car lead i let off.

The second run i downshifted and as soon as i got to his rear bumper he hit it. I instantly stopped his pull and walked pass him again.

I bet he wont give another SS the hit ever again
what is your mods bay area ...my buddys dad has a daytona charger and i want to make sure i can take him bfore i run him...never looked into there et times
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by infamous ss
do you guys ever come to east side sn jose?.
No we don't but i'm sure we would if we had a reason too
Originally Posted by Evilways
I wish i could run into a well driven srt8. I have ran a few more since this kill and i beat them all just like this one.
Originally Posted by z28berryhill
what is your mods bay area ...my buddys dad has a daytona charger and i want to make sure i can take him bfore i run him...never looked into there et times
Longtubes, True duals, lid, 85mm maf, ported tb and thats about it.

Man this thread is old. So old i forgot about it!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Man this thread is old. So old i forgot about it!
i remember this thread, but i thought you raced another one and wanted everyone to know hahaha
Old 02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by King Nothing
i remember this thread, but i thought you raced another one and wanted everyone to know hahaha
No i haven't ran an srt8 in forever. I tried to run a 300c srt8 last night but he didn't want to play.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Launching!

haha man this thread is old, i was reading the first pages and wast hinking to myself 'all this bay area racing where am I at??' BayAreaSS, we should race some time, we have nearly identical mods, but for some reason you dyno'd a shitload higher than me, but it would still be a fun race. I stay in oakland/san leandro.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

No we don't but i'm sure we would if we had a reason too

I wish i could run into a well driven srt8. I have ran a few more since this kill and i beat them all just like this one
The best I've goten in the SRT8, which is completely stock, is one 12.98 and a 13.01, both at 113.XX MPH.The rest of the runs were 13.++s.All were shifting manually(slapstick auto) I'm not saying they're badasses, but they are badasses for a 4100lb 4 door car.The major disservice is in the computer, which I know they have diablo sport for now, but can't see dropping $450 on a handheld when a dyno tune would do much better. Removing that giant hesitation between shifts while in "manuauto" would give possibly a .2 tenth decrease in ets, some stickier tires possibly .3 more. A big risk is the shaft, though. I've read these things are brittle as all hell.I'm thinking on removing the rear seats,pass seat, all the trunk crap and making some runs, hopefully, it'll break deeper into the 12.0's stock.Again, not taking anything at all away from your kill, good job.

Quick Reply: Couple runs w/ charger SRT8