Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo Kills Himself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Dude im telling you, i know of PLENTY in the 11s where i go by and they NEVER break for the most part, even their trannies work fine afterwards. Some guy is REALLY ****** things up with an evo up where i go up too. Keep in mind there are plenty of cars that can smoke him, but its impressive for what hes done.

BTW, if you ever intend to own a turbo car in your life (who doesnt?) you will probally eat those words about "the retarted *** launch control garbage" since a 2 step is how most of the turbo cars out there break such high numbers despite no low end tq. by you not knowing the UNIVERSAL (both import and domestic) use of a 2 step and thinking its "ricer device" shows how close minded you are on not only imports, but a turbo car all together.

Fragile AWD drivetrain? and your 7.5 is any better? my cobras IRS is any better? they are if you upgrade. I know of more evos in the 11s and 10s on stock drive trains beacuse like you even said, a WELL launched AWD car doesnt need to bounce off the rev limiter or launch high if it HAS A TWO STEP IN IT TO BUILD BOOST OFF THE LINE. Evos are pretty nasty in the hands of a TRUE DSM owner beacuse they donbt care about looks or much else besides running nines and looking stock. DSM owners kinda scare me a bit when you see their serious, for example, the same guy that owsn that evo i always speak of, owns a nine second DSM of some sorts as well.

Its VERY easy to make an evo fast on a budget if you know all the tricks.

The way some people post on this forum i wonder who REALLY goes to street racing spots, and who just has the occasional highway encounter and has some buddies with fast cars. cause were i go, ANY damn car is usally in the 11s in most cases.
I don't care how fast they are. 4 doors + 4 banger=
Get with the program or change your name to WANTS EVO
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderdan74

you are aware i own a 2003 cobra right? and that ive got enough to manhandled you off the bottle with my mods and im still on the stock blower? got the N20 just for you LS1 boys. I like all cars buddy, and respect the ones that use new technology to help aid FI, i wish they had something like it for S/C cars like mine. Like i said, i actually street race in a VERY fast car area. I know what these things can do on the street and have leanred to respect them liek they repsect 03 cobras and ls1s.

What its against the rules to respect all fast cars and the capabilties of what can be done with a car that runs 13s stock? isnt the LS1 camaro a 13 sec car in most cases? i know a lot of evos are.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

you are aware i own a 2003 cobra right? and that ive got enough to manhandled you off the bottle with my mods and im still on the stock blower? got the N20 just for you LS1 boys. I like all cars buddy, and respect the ones that use new technology to help aid FI, i wish they had something like it for S/C cars like mine. Like i said, i actually street race in a VERY fast car area. I know what these things can do on the street and have leanred to respect them liek they repsect 03 cobras and ls1s.

What its against the rules to respect all fast cars and the capabilties of what can be done with a car that runs 13s stock? isnt the LS1 camaro a 13 sec car in most cases? i know a lot of evos are.
Most of the top cars each have something that the others dont. Just because its not an LSx dont mean its not worth a ****. But with that said I would still rather push my chevy than drive a ford
Old 03-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Teching In

hehehe... EVOs are funny lookin... hehehehe
Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Hey wasnt there something posted awhile back like right when they brought them evos over here that some of their starters would die from a very loud rumble or a rev? I know it didnt affect all of em but im pretty sure I saw it on this site. No joke
Old 03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
Good call.

"Wants an LS1" is a nut swinging toolbag
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

Difference:

LS1 F-Body is a Sports car. It sounds good and looks nice.

Evos are 4 cylinder economy sedans. They look like *** and sound like it too. They are a joke, regardless of "how fast they can be made"

You can make any car fast these days, which is why making a shitty Mitsubishi fast (Evo) is even more pointless.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

im guessing your BADWS6 is probably a LT1 thats stock.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NoGamesLS1
Most of the top cars each have something that the others dont. Just because its not an LSx dont mean its not worth a ****. But with that said I would still rather push my chevy than drive a ford
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

Evo 9.. I am not trying to start anything but why do you have a picture of that guy on your Avater?
Anyways, I happen to give respect to any car that is fast. I myself am nothing special(just 12s) on the track but I think there is a diff. between what one likes and what one respects. I like V-8 , 2-door cars that are loud and clean. I see 9 sec. Civics at the track and say "thats F^#$ing fast" when they go by but I don't wish I owned one. I can see it from both sides I guess. I am a little upset that cars are being made faster and faster right from factory, and nobody has to know anything about the car they own or how to drive them and do the right performance mods and upgrades. I personally think that Evos shouldn't come with the launsh system. I give more respect to the cars that beat me because they have an owner that did upgrades to the car himself and can actually drive it the right way and know what they are talking about when you ask them a question about there car.
Sorry for the long post I make.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Yes I know you have a Cobra So you must be right about everything. You go ahead and keep doing the street racing thing you are so proud of. We'll see how long you keep that snake. A real man does it at the track. But, I guess if I had IRS I'd be a From a Roll Queen too.

I like cars that go fast and look mean doing it. All others are for getting my groceries. And that evo might smash my bread. We can't have that!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=JAMcreations]Evo 9.. I am not trying to start anything but why do you have a picture of that guy on your Avater?

HAHAHAHAHA
Old 03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Still funny how a bad starter affects the car when it's already running. He was saying the starter killed the car?

Dan
Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EVO 9
im guessing your BADWS6 is probably a LT1 thats stock.
You're guessed wrong.

And who are you to call anyone out?? You drive an EVO dawg!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

He might as well have said that his flux capisator went out
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

He might as well have said that his flux capisator went out
AHHAHAHA
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously, this place is turing into MustangTech.com and EVOtech.com more and more each day with these trolls ALWAYS bringing up irrelevent ****.
Can't have a goddamn opinion on "said" cars without some *** hat nut swinger coming in to "save the day"
Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Seriously, this place is turing into MustangTech.com and EVOtech.com more and more each day with these trolls ALWAYS bringing up irrelevent ****.
Can't have a goddamn opinion on "said" cars without some *** hat nut swinger coming in to "save the day"
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JAMcreations
I personally think that Evos shouldn't come with the launsh system. I give more respect to the cars that beat me because they have an owner that did upgrades to the car himself and can actually drive it the right way and know what they are talking about when you ask them a question about there car.
Sorry for the long post I make.
Mitsubishi didn't put them in as a 2step to be used at the drag strip, it's intended use was to keep owners from dumping the clutch at redline. It actually hinders the launch on a stock Evo, and better results can be had with it disconnected and free revving.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
X2

Quick Reply: Evo Kills Himself.