Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo Kills Himself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
Yes I know you have a Cobra So you must be right about everything. You go ahead and keep doing the street racing thing you are so proud of. We'll see how long you keep that snake. A real man does it at the track. But, I guess if I had IRS I'd be a From a Roll Queen too.

I like cars that go fast and look mean doing it. All others are for getting my groceries. And that evo might smash my bread. We can't have that!

No, it doesnt mean im rihgt about everything by any means. I was tyring to be nice but since youve contradicted yourself in this post SO much im going to be the jackass i always wanted to be.

No i dont think that im right about everything by any chance, but where i go, i know of an evo that makes 40 less HP to wheels then you, but will run 11s and embarass the **** out of you on the stock turbo with no meth or nitrous. and this is me talking about his car in FULL weight, not the strip job he does for big money races (1000+)

Dissing my IRS eh? funny since you have a rear end thats even MORE fragile then mine, and i know of at least 12 people who have taken there STOCK IRS down to the gear ratio into the tens and still DD the car with NO problems what so ever. Go read about the funny ways people have broken there 7.5 axles even AFTER upgrading them. And to upgrade my IRS to be built proof costs around 2K for parts and instal...whats a FORD nine inch rear run for you guys ne ways? if its the same, shut up, if its more, then really shut the **** up.

And we BARLEY roll race buddy, races for over 7,000 dollars have been witnessed from dead stops...now im sure you ask how could we run from a dead stop on the highway at 2am? simple, we stop traffic like the illegal activity it is. Roll races are done, but by NO means the only way we race. Roll racing is more or less what we all do to have fun ont he drive back from a dig race.

And BTW as far as a grocery getter goes, your camaro is used for the same thing in MANY peoples lives who KNOW its not a "sports car" (see corvette, you own a muscle car) as some on here have called it. hell even my car was described as the car you could "Whoop some *** at the track and grab some groceries on the way home with it" I think you let the fact you trailer your car place make you think its ACTUALLY something special like a ferrari or something.

If a real man takes it to the track, and you dont like street racing...what are you doing in here? im not here caus ei own an ls1, im here cause is street race.

From now on ill just shut up any time someone makes a stupid ignorant remark about how "this car sucks beacuse its AWD and cant be launched properly" or "this car sucks cause its a 4 banger". who wants to learn something now a days anyways right? maybe youll learn the hardest way their is to learn, experince.

Last edited by Wants an LS1; 03-22-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superssport
I am new to ls1tech (I love it by the way) and was just curious why I see so many registered users owning mustangs and evos^? Are you guys just jealous that you don't own a bowtie or do you just have to keep up with the competition? Just wondering!
You LS1 boys think just causr you have a sports car motor in it, you have a ******* sports car. My car has WAY more sports car features then yours with the IRS,Forged motor and a blower and a bullet proof 6spd with a higher rear end ratio and i STILL wont call my car a sports car. Corvettes are sports car. let me ask you this, if your camaro is a sports car, what do you consider a muscle car?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
You LS1 boys think just causr you have a sports car motor in it, you have a ******* sports car. My car has WAY more sports car features then yours with the IRS,Forged motor and a blower and a bullet proof 6spd with a higher rear end ratio and i STILL wont call my car a sports car. Corvettes are sports car. let me ask you this, if your camaro is a sports car, what do you consider a muscle car?
Ummm, you have the same exact transmission we have, with the possible exception of a stronger input shaft (and I'm not even sure about that). And NOT to dis your car or anything (I love them, and would take one in a HEARTBEAT over ANY Nippon import, YES, even the one everyone on here worships!!), but our stupid, "low tech" live axles have out performed your "high tech" IRS on road/autocross courses. In fact, many who road race your car actually convert over to a live axle with a torque arm. About the only real negative of your ride is the weight and skewed weight distribution, both of which can be corrected, albeit not cheaply.

BTW, I agree with you on the sports car thing. It MUST BE a 2 seater ONLY to qualify. Both of our cars could be called "sports coupes", pony cars (although that would probably bother most of the anti blue oval types on here), or muscle cars (usually reserved for the larger/heavier mid 60s-early 70s high powered stuff).

Last edited by dailydriver; 03-22-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

IBTL
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...fbodys are sports cars,sweet!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Ummm, you have the same exact transmission we have, with the possible exception of a stronger input shaft (and I'm not even sure about that). And NOT to dis your car or anything (I love them, and would take one in a HEARTBEAT over ANY Nippon import, YES, even the one everyone on here worships!!), but our stupid, "low tech" live axles have out performed your "high tech" IRS on road/autocross courses. In fact, many who road race your car actually convert over to a live axle with a torque arm. About the only real negative of your ride is the weight and skewed weight distribution, both of which can be corrected, albeit not cheaply.

BTW, I agree with you on the sports car thing. It MUST BE a 2 seater ONLY to qualify. Both of our cars could be called "sports coupes", pony cars (although that would probably bother most of the anti blue oval types on here), or muscle cars (usually reserved for the larger/heavier mid 60s-early 70s high powered stuff).
im cool with what u said but notice how i was comaring the strengths of STOCK parts as opposed to a modified one. Its a diffrent ball game when your talking about a modified Live axel to a stock IRS. A well worked IRS is pretty wild on the autocrossing as well if you do all the mods to it. At the drag strip tho, either modded is pretty strong btu tthe edge always goes to the solid for the most part.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XakEp
My DSM makes more Torque than your car, and goes faster too. What are YOU going to do about it? Huh? Huh?
And whats it make before the turbo spools at 4000 RPM??

65lb/ft of torque??

Dumbass.

Last edited by ONEBADASSWS6; 03-23-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
And whats it make before the turbo spools at 4000 RPM??

65lb/ft of torque??

Dumbass.

What does that matter? As long as he launches at 4k rpm or better he is good. If you are under 4k you aint racing anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FEARSM
What does that matter? As long as he launches at 4k rpm or better he is good. If you are under 4k you aint racing anyway.
I'm talking about drivebility wise.

You can boost sky high, doesn't make the car driveable if there's no power or torque below where the turbo spools.

Torque is all about low end. Once the revs are high its all about horsepower, torque is irrelevent.

Bragging that you have the highest top-end torque is like being the smartest kid in the retard class.

Last edited by ONEBADASSWS6; 03-23-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Teching In

You can boost sky high, doesn't make the car driveable if there's no power or torque below where the turbo spools.

Torque is all about low end. Once the revs are high its all about horsepower, torque is irrelevent.

Bragging that you have the highest top-end torque is like being the smartest kid in the retard class.

He wasnt bragging about high end torque, he just said he was faster. We are talking about racing here, not driving around town or passing cars. What makes a car drivable or not is subjective at best so why even bring that up.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My weak axle is a Strange 12 bolt. I didn't want a Found On Road Dead 9" in my car.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
My weak axle is a Strange 12 bolt. I didn't want a Found On Road Dead 9" in my car.

ok, so you still prove my point that the fbod rear is weaker then the IRS. STOCK termys run your times in the best instances on the stock half shafts and hold up fine.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

Youre a ******* idiot. Power is power, regardless of where you make it in your powerband. Whats next, youre going to tell me that bikes that rev to 15k suck too?

But since drivability means so much to you (******* ricer argument much like hp/liter or gas mileage) I have a 4g64 in my car, which means I have PLENTY of torque off boost to scoot around with. On pump gas and 17 psi of boost I make 400lbs of torque. I race at 35 psi on E85 gas. What do you want to bet I'll make more torque?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JAMcreations
Evo 9.. I am not trying to start anything but why do you have a picture of that guy on your Avater?.
Rich Christianson (sp?) is a toolshed and youre a homo for having his pic in your avatar.

Last edited by brad8266; 03-23-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
Case in point, ONEBADASSWS6 seems to posess alot of the views of our beloved Wesman/TRANSAMINAL.
What ever happened to Wesman? I havent seen him in forever did he get banned? That guy was hilarious.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
B T
Launching!

I was wondering how this post made it to 4 pages...

Please call my insurance company and let them know my car is not a "sports car" so I can have a better premium.

Boost it till it pops! I wonder what a stock boosted 4 cylinder runs in the 1/4 using, " an auto trans with 4 forward gears making only one shift with a 2:73 final drive gear ( AWD or not your choice ) ? "

That is all, carry on...oh, and nice kill.?!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by B T
I was wondering how this post made it to 4 pages...

Please call my insurance company and let them know my car is not a "sports car" so I can have a better premium.

Boost it till it pops! I wonder what a stock boosted 4 cylinder runs in the 1/4 using, " an auto trans with 4 forward gears making only one shift with a 2:73 final drive gear ( AWD or not your choice ) ? "

That is all, carry on...oh, and nice kill.?!

Does your insurance list it as a sports car? cause if they do im not surprised, but it doesnt make it a sports car...let me ask you this...whats a muscle car then?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
What ever happened to Wesman? I havent seen him in forever did he get banned? That guy was hilarious.
He was banned forever ago.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
He was banned forever ago.
He should have made a new SN and came back for our entertainment.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
B T
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Does your insurance list it as a sports car? cause if they do im not surprised, but it doesnt make it a sports car...let me ask you this...whats a muscle car then?
>>>

Clear as mud eh?

Muscle car :---------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

Sports car:------------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car

Quick Reply: Evo Kills Himself.