My TA VS. Ford Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Why do Ford guys feel they need to come on a GM site and plead their cases? Hell with enough mods a brick can be fast!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
ok, you run 430rwhp with a blower....sorry i dont think thats an n/a ford. let me throw a twin screw on mine so its fair k?
You are totally missing my point. you say the cobra is only worth a ****, yet my mach has less boost, and has more power than a cobra....solid axle and better tranny gears...HELLO!! McFly. And to answer your question......this is what he said was wrong:

"funny how Ford didnt have anything fast enough to keep up with a LS1 untill the TERM, and they had to put a blower on it. Everything Ford has that is fast is supercharged (Term,Lightning,GT500) to make up for there small engines"

A mach can and DOES run neck and neck with an LS Fbod. Face the fact. I am not here to argue FI...that wasn't my point. I only brought up my blower to show you how good a mach motor is by comparison to the Cobra..so don't deny it's N/A capabilities. AND.....I am running an EXTREMELY safe tune..I could EASILY have more power as well.....with 91 Octane on the stock bottom end...I am no idiot. You say I need to read up on Fbods/LS1s....yet your guys' examples of beating a Mach was the two heaviest Fbod's...HELLO McFLY....try using a Z28 LS1 as your example next time...their lighter. DRR.

I am done..It's obvious that you two make up part of the percentage of ignorance towards stangs, because of your brand loyalty.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_W
Why do Ford guys feel they need to come on a GM site and plead their cases? Hell with enough mods a brick can be fast!
Y am I not surprised to see you post here?.....You NEVER have anything positive to say about Fords...Ignorance is bliss. I HOWEVER, have said PLENTY of nice things about LS's and Fbods.......I am not the ignorant one in this thread.

And I am now DONE. If anyone wants to continue this further, you know where the PM button is.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99corvette
im not trying to hi jack the thread, but ive raced a mach 1 with the same mods as me, and i take him every time, even in my auto C5 i took him.
I love how all of your 'you can beat him' stories have to do with ONE race. I guess all Mach driver's and Fbod driver's are the same...RIGHT?...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I love how all of your 'you can beat him' stories have to do with ONE race. I guess all Mach driver's and Fbod driver's are the same...RIGHT?...
Im not basing it of of 1 race, i have raced my buddies mach 1 about 20 times, with the same outcome everytime, and i wouldnt have said anything about fords untill you got on here talking smack, you KNOW you where the first one to say something.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im not basing it of of 1 race, i have raced my buddies mach 1 about 20 times, with the same outcome everytime, and i wouldnt have said anything about fords untill you got on here talking smack, you KNOW you where the first one to say something.
wow, you can't read...post 48 (vs. my post49). Show me where I posted some crap before post 48 (yours).....it's right there in black and white. And as for one race...sorry I wasn't more clear....ONE DRIVER SAME CAR. you lack common sense apparently.

Now take it to PMs. I only posted here so everyone can see just how wrong you are saying I talked crap first.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
Clearly you are jealous and wish you had a Cobra, that said, I did not get a luagh out of the cover deal.

You could not handle owning a Ford anymore??? Tired of going fast or what...?

Don't care to own a COBRA? What are you. retarded? Even the most stout chebby fans would put a TERM in the stable.....HELLO!!

You must be old as well, as you like the

Ken
dude relax....owned several mustang's ( saleen ) in the 80-90's the my credit improved and was able to buy a real car....

my 03 will drag your fn cobra down the 1320!!!! so you bench racin' poser go jump in you focus ( haha hahahaha) svt and tell all the 15 year old girls at steak and shake about for svt collection...lololol....i am not sure but the last guy i saw driving a cobra had a .......

ps.... if i wanted a cobra i would go write a check for one.....
Old 03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

My buddy as a near stock Mach 1 and i can take him all motor, on spray i rape him, And i wasnt even talking smack about my car, i was sticking up for someone else.
+1
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You are totally missing my point. you say the cobra is only worth a ****, yet my mach has less boost, and has more power than a cobra....solid axle and better tranny gears...HELLO!! McFly. And to answer your question......this is what he said was wrong:

"funny how Ford didnt have anything fast enough to keep up with a LS1 untill the TERM, and they had to put a blower on it. Everything Ford has that is fast is supercharged (Term,Lightning,GT500) to make up for there small engines"

A mach can and DOES run neck and neck with an LS Fbod. Face the fact. I am not here to argue FI...that wasn't my point. I only brought up my blower to show you how good a mach motor is by comparison to the Cobra..so don't deny it's N/A capabilities. AND.....I am running an EXTREMELY safe tune..I could EASILY have more power as well.....with 91 Octane on the stock bottom end...I am no idiot.

ummmm....yea, ur mach's cool dude. is that what you needed to hear? did you just have a moment or something? yea, ur SUPERCHARGED mach runs better then a STOCK cobra....sorry if i dont applaud. supercharge an n/a car and you'll get good results bud. ur car was made to be n/a so you added a blower and now its fast. cool

heres an example...if you put an aftermarket blower on a 5.4 f-150, any dipshit would know that theres a good chance its gonna be faster then a stock lightning. whatever dude, just remember that svtperformance.com is a click away
Old 03-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kdogc5
dude relax....owned several mustang's ( saleen ) in the 80-90's the my credit improved and was able to buy a real car....

my 03 will drag your fn cobra down the 1320!!!! so you bench racin' poser go jump in you focus ( haha hahahaha) svt and tell all the 15 year old girls at steak and shake about for svt collection...lololol....i am not sure but the last guy i saw driving a cobra had a .......

kdogshit, I will tow your **** faster than you can drive it. nuff said. later

KEN

Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Resident

im a die hard GM fan, all my cars exept two have been GM. one was a jeep and the other was my 04 Lightning. and no doubt that lightning was the most fun vehicle ive ever owned and i bought it new and never modded it. i sold it a year ago and totally miss it but it was killing me on gas.

i would race 04 GTO's 6-speeds and they would take me out of the hole but i would catch up to them and stay even till about 70-80mph then aerodynamics would come in and slow me down.
the only f-body i ever raced in it was a WS6 with 20's and i would barely pull on it.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
kdogshit, I will tow your **** faster than you can drive it. nuff said. later

KEN

now that **** is REAL funny....... no , no, i mean it is fn funny, ........ nuff said....

all cobra owners are all alike....nothing is faster, you are a looser if you drive anything else, blah blah blah, i love to race them and when they loose they have as many excuses as the "ricers" do

Last edited by kdogc5; 03-24-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea you should take him. but to the 04 GTO. 04 gto stock are mid high 13 seconds cars sorrly rofl. a lightning and a 04 GTO race is a anyone's race. i was wooping 04 GTO's when i was running 13.5 rofl. and i dont see a 04 gto 100% stock running 13.0 anything

less than 330 rwhp stock and you weigh about 3600ish lbs mabe 3700. i know GTO are heavier than grand prixs. so dont kid yourself. ligthning vs a 04 GTO if the lightning owner gets traction he is going to win every time.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kdogc5

Im just going to quote this so you can read it and see how dumb you look.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
yea you should take him. but to the 04 GTO. 04 gto stock are mid high 13 seconds cars sorrly rofl. a lightning and a 04 GTO race is a anyone's race. i was wooping 04 GTO's when i was running 13.5 rofl. and i dont see a 04 gto 100% stock running 13.0 anything

less than 330 rwhp stock and you weigh about 3600ish lbs mabe 3700. i know GTO are heavier than grand prixs. so dont kid yourself. ligthning vs a 04 GTO if the lightning owner gets traction he is going to win every time.
I definatly don't agree with that... Lightnings are HIGH 13 second trucks stock at best. The GTO's you were "wooping" on must have been poorly driven. Maybe you are right on the 13.0X stock not existing, because the one I saw that ran 13.07 said "no power adding mods", so maybe he had DR's or somethin. You say IF a Lightning got traction he'd win every time...well IF a GTO could get traction IT would win every time then. I don't doubt Lightnings have beat 04's, **** I don't doubt Lightnings have beat 05/06's and maybe 03/04 Cobras, but that's ALL in the driver, not the vehicle.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Don't get me wrong, I love Lightnings, I'd love to have one, and they ARE fast, but no 360-380HP truck weighing 4670lbs is gonna beat a 350HP car weighing in at 3725 with equal drivers. Sorry. And the massive torque ain't helpin the chances in a truck with a light rear end.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
ummmm....yea, ur mach's cool dude. is that what you needed to hear? did you just have a moment or something? yea, ur SUPERCHARGED mach runs better then a STOCK cobra....sorry if i dont applaud. supercharge an n/a car and you'll get good results bud. ur car was made to be n/a so you added a blower and now its fast. cool

heres an example...if you put an aftermarket blower on a 5.4 f-150, any dipshit would know that theres a good chance its gonna be faster then a stock lightning. whatever dude, just remember that svtperformance.com is a click away
F-tard - Try reading ALL of my posts..you idiot. I am Running 6.5PSI vs a stock cobra's 8psi. The only difference, is the P1SC has a CAI built into the kit, and I have an SLP catback...which is why I said......toss on a CAI and a Catback to the cobra, and it still won't have as much power as my mach and with more boost.......can you not read?

Exactly how much do you know about MOd motors?....that's what I though...and if you think a stock F150 with a blower is going to put down what a Lightning does...you have issues. That is apples to oranges, seem how the only aftermarket plower available is a Keene...which is a TWIN SCREW..HELLO McFLY.

*******.com is only a click away..I know your a moderator there, so go say Hi and enforce the rules.......I love how an Fbod guy starts talking ****, and the minute someone defends a Ford......the ********* come out of the wood work......
Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this guy was racing a lightning not a mach 1? Shouldn't have trouble taking a stock lightning on street tires. Also through some bills on the race.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

yeah pretty much any ls1 minus the GTO,and SSR.

The Mach 1 barely edges out the LS1 GTO and I've seen LS1 GTO's beat the Mach 1 stock. The Mach 1's are not impressive at all, which, as you pointed out, is why Ford put a blower on the cars you listed.

If I were to put a blower on my 06 GTO it would take the Terminator no problem.