Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
Lance, your car may be special, as are all TERMINATORS!!!!!

In neutral, if you blip the throttle you only get a nano second of boost and then it drops off. I don't know what would happen if you lay the peddle on the floor other than bouncing off the rev limiter.
You do realize you can still hear the supercharger right? YOU may not hear it inside the car with a loud exhaust but I've heard plenty of cobras blip the throttle and you can hear it. It may not be as loud as when its got a load on it but you can still hear the heaton.

We all know COBRA's never ever beat LS anything, (on this forum) so good kill.
You sound like a tool. You dont think its possible for a cammed, stalled auto with DR's and nitrous to beat a pullied cobra, FROM A DIG? Get real dude and get the **** out of fantasy land. Theres plenty of people who have posted up getting beat or flat out getting owned by a termy. Dont confuse this place with SVTP, all cars are capable of losing here, EVEN ls1's.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
I'm just wondering how badass a car must be to pull up next to a 03/04 Cobra not knowning what mods he has done and still say this...

Anywho, good kill.
For a car eqipped with nitrous running 11's WITHOUT nitrous I would say he has some breathing room when it comes to races, especially from a dig.

A buddy of mine has an 03 cobra and SLP exhaust (i think SLP) and I can hear the whine over his exhaust when he gets on it.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAH... !!! ...

I did that before once also, but I was 16 and was driving a very crappy car against an old turbo VW golf. We passed them down the road and was laughing as the cop was getting out of his car to write them a ticket !!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Teching In

If you were driving a FORD, you would'nt need a good wrench!!
True!! You need a rollback!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
With a cam, stall, dr's AND nitrous from a dig? I wouldn't be scared of much either honestly.
Yeah but he had no clue what was done to the Cobra. For all he knew it could have been a 9s car.

Originally Posted by Fibbado
For a car eqipped with nitrous running 11's WITHOUT nitrous I would say he has some breathing room when it comes to races, especially from a dig.
Again without knowing what was done to the Cobra I wouldn't take any race lightly. It's not like it's a Civic.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

My Cobra would whine, more of a quick screech, when revved WOT in nuetral. It was quick but distinct and my stingers were plenty loud.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

i knew i could take him becuase it still had a dealership license plate instead of a state and i knew he had at least a pulley becuase you could defenitly here the whine (which i found out later he did have a pulley). So i knew i could take him. If he sounded all crazy with a loud exhuast then maybe i might have not been so cocky. Ive lost to 03/04 before, but i knew this one wasnt so special. I just wanted to put him in his place since he has been harasing me for a race/throwing revs for about 3 weeks
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Yeah but he had no clue what was done to the Cobra. For all he knew it could have been a 9s car.

Again without knowing what was done to the Cobra I wouldn't take any race lightly. It's not like it's a Civic.

He stated in the beginning that he knew he had a pulley swap and some basic bolt ons (intake and exhaust). He has a cammed/forged 346 and is a stalled auto running 11's not on the juice. Add the spray (say a 150 shot0 and you have a potential 10 second car...not many stock eaton (non-ported) pullied bolt on cobras are going to hit that. I agree that he shouldnt take cobras lightly as lord knows ive ran into 3 and they have all walked me but if I had that kind of setup and knew he only had a pulley, intake, and vatback i wouldnt be that concern either.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

BTW good kill
Old 03-29-2007, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

LMAO! good kill!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

You do realize you can still hear the supercharger right? YOU may not hear it inside the car with a loud exhaust but I've heard plenty of cobras blip the throttle and you can hear it. It may not be as loud as when its got a load on it but you can still hear the heaton..

Me realize that? NO, why don't you educate me about my blower. You DO NOT hear the FAMOUS WHINE when you rev someone, end of story.

You sound like a tool. You dont think its possible for a cammed, stalled auto with DR's and nitrous to beat a pullied cobra, FROM A DIG? Get real dude and get the **** out of fantasy land. Theres plenty of people who have posted up getting beat or flat out getting owned by a termy. Dont confuse this place with SVTP, all cars are capable of losing here, EVEN ls1's.

Tool, lets not call names, you do realize that was a joke do you not. I am sure I would lose to two of my good friends who drive the LS crap, because I am still basically stock for now. Sobeit...and quit hating

Ken
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill. I guess anybody can act like a ricer in ANY type of car.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Teching In

With a cam, stall, dr's AND nitrous from a dig? I wouldn't be scared of much either honestly.
Yeah, that would equal a pretty badass car.

lance
Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
He stated in the beginning that he knew he had a pulley swap and some basic bolt ons (intake and exhaust). He has a cammed/forged 346 and is a stalled auto running 11's not on the juice. Add the spray (say a 150 shot0 and you have a potential 10 second car...not many stock eaton (non-ported) pullied bolt on cobras are going to hit that. I agree that he shouldnt take cobras lightly as lord knows ive ran into 3 and they have all walked me but if I had that kind of setup and knew he only had a pulley, intake, and vatback i wouldnt be that concern either.
I guess my only question is did he spray during the race? Yes, a 11 second car NA would be a real beast with spray. The origianl post said that he was getting annoyed at the reving and the blower whine. I stand firm that the whine during a rev is minimal at best, but under a loud the whine is loud as hell. I can't see how the whine during a rev is annoying. Anyway, props to the poster on the kill on an obvious douche.

Lance
Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

what a dumbass, ALWAYS KNOW WHATS AROUND YOU, glad you didn't get any **** over it. nice kill!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't know what would happen if you lay the peddle on the floor other than bouncing off the rev limiter.
I didn't think this was that complicated. Go outside...start your 03 Cobra up...let the rpms drop to idle...then place your foot on the gas and nail the throttle to the floor and let off before the rpms hit redline. If you have a pulley you will see where the whine comes from.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

I don't care what anyone says. Cobra's came modded from the factory. They have forged internals and a blower. This statement has been worn out, but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong I love cobra's and they were included in my search for a car before I just bought my 01 SS.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
I don't care what anyone says. Cobra's came modded from the factory.
LOL I've never heard that one...

Old 03-29-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red2003cobra
I guess my only question is did he spray during the race? Yes, a 11 second car NA would be a real beast with spray. The origianl post said that he was getting annoyed at the reving and the blower whine. I stand firm that the whine during a rev is minimal at best, but under a loud the whine is loud as hell. I can't see how the whine during a rev is annoying. Anyway, props to the poster on the kill on an obvious douche.

Lance

Im guessing he did if he left him like he did. I would get annoyed by the reving too if it happened all the time but not the blower whine... Everytime I hear any of the local modded cobras going WOT I wish i had bought the 04 cobra coupe I found a sweet deal on a couple of summers ago. Im not sure though about the whine during a rev, will have to ask one of my buddies about that, maybe its louder outside of the car or in a diff car?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow.....just wow. Nice Kill OP..and nice finish from the cop.

Dealer plates don't always mean easy kill though. he could have gotten his second cobra, and even dealered cobra's tend to have some kind of mods.

Lillbuddy - if you read the OPs post...he didnt' ahve spray. So, no...it would have been a drivers race with no bottle (through a full 1/4).

BTW - a stock pullied cobra...no whine in nuetral...I did it several times with my bone stock vert...you can't hear ****...in gear though....I could...I dont' understand that one?

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!