Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How fast are '85 IROC's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to have a 83' z28 w/ a 350 crate and M5, 3.73s... it made like 288 rwhp & 320 ft/lbs.. his could be a sleeper
Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
My favorite, one that is HARD to find...1992 Camaro Z28, Purple Haze/Ebony leather, auto, 350, loaded, big wing. My favorite 3rd gen and hard to find one! I am always looking for a nice example of this car...

I would MUCH rather cruise a 1992 Purple Haze Z28 than any 4th gen I have seen. Of course, I just sold a low 10 second 4th gen to a friend of mine, so racing is a different story
My buddy bought his wife a purple haze 92 Z with the 5.7, fully loaded but I don't think it has the ebony leather interior. The car hasn't been driven in years, it just sits in their garage. It is a very nice and well kept car though. I will try and get some pics of it the next time I am at his house if I remember, I don't see him much.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
You sure smoking some good **** there, buddy....collectible??? To me the only one should be the Trans Am GTA 20 anniversary with the turbo V6 and the regular Trans Am GTA. Also the Firehawks....thats about it, IMO.
Only the best **** here. Actually its the **** that makes it the best. Did anyone ten years ago think that second gen camaro's would be collectible? Not really, but they are today and their market prices reflect the demand. The same will be true of third gens in a while and fourth gens a while after that. These cars (third and fourth gens) are wrecked in startling numbers each year hence the higher insurance rates we all pay and their reduced numbers. Style is purely personal personal. 3.8 Turbo trans am's are already collectible as evidenced by their 20k$+ selling prices. The IROC are definetly going to lag behind a decade or two but will achieve collectibility.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

When the new Camaro shows up the collectivity of ALL Camaros (3rd and 4th gens) will go basically to hell....LOL!! The Firebird will increase its value since will be then officially dead. I would like to own a new Firebird (5th gen) but at the same time would like it dead to increase the value of mine.

The thing is that there were so many 3rd gens built vs 4th gens that still to this day they are seen around too commonly. Although almost all of them are badly weathered!!LOL!

Quick Reply: How fast are '85 IROC's?