Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My LT1 is an LS1 killer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that's not stock now is it lol. a tune can sometimes get 20whp from what i've seen, so now it's not so far fetched.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

very true, but my idea of stock is just that, its like the people that list their mods..

" plugs, wires, extra quart of mobil, octane booster, disconnected fog lights "

not-stock in my book is more along the lines of... H/C/I, spray, boost etc.
- however i **** when i saw the numbers just because i was thinking maybe 310-320, it was a good day
Old 04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the way you said it first sounded arrogant as hell man lol. and fwiw my car made 293 rwhp on a mustang dyno with a borla cat back.. can i get a bottle now?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fade2Black
I beat stock LS1's all the time in my 96 Z28... Not to mention that my car is far from stock.... Heads, ZZ409 Cam, SLP Midlength headers, 3" exhaust w/out cats, Flowmaster american thunder cat back with cutout... I need a tune and a clutch in a bad way though...
Completly irrelevant to this thread...

My 383 Z28 beat my friends H/C LS1.. LT1s must be faster than LS1s from the factory all the time.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
read the stickies if you cant take people calling you out on stupid comments dont post them.by stupid i mean MY LT1 IS AN LS1 KILLER if you were full bolt on geared cammed maybe.ive raced for a very long time.all im saying is your car has more than you think or his is down on power or he is a shitty driver.never said you are a liar i dont do that.the lt1 puts down 250 to the wheels thats being generousa very weak ls1 puts down 285 to thewheels.
and the ls1 car is a tad lighter due to the aluminum block.all im sayin is your car has more done than you think
This isn't a stupid comment, this is a legit FACT. If you will notice, my title is not in full caps-lock indicating a exclamation. Quite opposite really, there is a question mark at the end of the title. It doesn't take full bolt-ons, gears, and a cam to keep up with an LS1. LS1s are not the end-all motor-to-be from the factory, GET THE **** OVER IT.

My buddies stock A4 LT1 did 249 at the wheels, and accouting for A4>M6 drivetrain loss, figure 265rwhp.

All I'm saying is my car has NOTHING MORE DONE TO IT THAN I THINK. Get over it, it is BONE STOCK. I work EVERY DAY with the person who did the "mods" to it. He did all of the work to it, from stereo to lowering. It is BONE STOCK. Manifolds, catalytic converters, stock 2OTL, everything.

Whats done to it (like I listed) - !CAGS, lowering springs. NOTHING ELSE.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by germeezy1
97 was the only year for the LT-4. Other than the turbo Firebird they were one of the fastest F-bodies ever!
turbo firebird someone explain i never heard of that b4
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he means an 89 TTA.. those were plenty quick. 13.4 stock w/gd driver, my friend's went 13.0 @110 with a 2.1 60 in 89-95f weather, at E-town, just a K&N & Chip... on those rockhard Goodyear gatorbacks (that were 6 yrs old at the time)
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Default oooooh big words

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
This isn't a stupid comment, this is a legit FACT. If you will notice, my title is not in full caps-lock indicating a exclamation. Quite opposite really, there is a question mark at the end of the title. It doesn't take full bolt-ons, gears, and a cam to keep up with an LS1. LS1s are not the end-all motor-to-be from the factory, GET THE **** OVER IT.

My buddies stock A4 LT1 did 249 at the wheels, and accouting for A4>M6 drivetrain loss, figure 265rwhp.

All I'm saying is my car has NOTHING MORE DONE TO IT THAN I THINK. Get over it, it is BONE STOCK. I work EVERY DAY with the person who did the "mods" to it. He did all of the work to it, from stereo to lowering. It is BONE STOCK. Manifolds, catalytic converters, stock 2OTL, everything.

Whats done to it (like I listed) - !CAGS, lowering springs. NOTHING ELSE.
big words there its easy to set behind a pc and say that ****.i bet you get picked on alot.in real life scenario you would not even say one smart word to me i garantee it.
if your car is bone stock well it is a slow *** lt1 like all the rest.i wish you lived near me id take my little 4 banger and school your little punk ***.so you shut the **** up.its common sense stock for stock the ls1 is faster by a long shot and anyone stupid enough to disagree is as childish as you
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

if your car is bone stock well it is a slow *** lt1 like all the rest.
I love this guy!
Such enthusiasm!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

big words there its easy to set behind a pc and say that ****.i bet you get picked on alot.in real life scenario you would not even say one smart word to me i garantee it.
if your car is bone stock well it is a slow *** lt1 like all the rest.i wish you lived near me id take my little 4 banger and school your little punk ***.so you shut the **** up.its common sense stock for stock the ls1 is faster by a long shot and anyone stupid enough to disagree is as childish as you
It is very easy to SIT behind a pc and type like that, because I have an EDUMACAYSHUN.. No I do not get picked on a lot, if people pick on me it is usually for me being a smartass, which I am pretty good at.

In a real life scenario you wouldn't do too bad with the English language, provided you can speak it. Fifth grade spelling is what kills people like you.

Yes, I know it is slow. I daily drove an 11 sec 383 for a while, and going to a stock LT1 SS was purely to have a car of good value and decent fuel mileage.

Stock for stock LS1 faster by a long shot.. apparently not. I haven't raced another stock LS1 so I don't have another comparison, but what I do know is that I have beat one.

Good job pointing fingers.. grow friends.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

how old are you? really ive shown how retarded you are now you try to change the topic too my poor typing.no i didnt take typing classes i chose to take classes that would actually teach me somthing.my 3yo daughter has more common sense than you .grow up your car is not an ls1 killer your buddy is a shitty driver
Old 04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
I think he means an 89 TTA.. those were plenty quick. 13.4 stock w/gd driver, my friend's went 13.0 @110 with a 2.1 60 in 89-95f weather, at E-town, just a K&N & Chip... on those rockhard Goodyear gatorbacks (that were 6 yrs old at the time)

Yeah those cars were amazing and were very easy to put into the 12's. The LT-4 SS ran 0-60 in the mags faster than the posted times for the LS1 SS.
But then again I am a closet LT-4 fanatic, high revs and that torque hit the LT-1's were good at.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Default turbo ta

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Yeah those cars were amazing and were very easy to put into the 12's. The LT-4 SS ran 0-60 in the mags faster than the posted times for the LS1 SS.
But then again I am a closet LT-4 fanatic, high revs and that torque hit the LT-1's were good at.
i know a guy who had a tta and with very few mods it ran 10s.if the op had an lt4 i could see his point but he is easier to **** off than my wife and thats ******* hilarious.
id love to find a nice tta just to add to my collection
Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Teching In

how old are you? really ive shown how retarded you are now you try to change the topic too my poor typing.no i didnt take typing classes i chose to take classes that would actually teach me somthing.my 3yo daughter has more common sense than you .grow up your car is not an ls1 killer your buddy is a shitty driver

OMG give me a ******* break, guy.

i NEVER visit this section, but read somebody talking about this thread in the general section, and thought i'd check it out to see what all the fuss was about, thinking the joke was going to be on this guy with the LT1 beating the LS1..

MAN was i wrong, YOU had to pop in and share your "years worth of racing and building cars" for us all to read... and I would like to thank you for enlightening me to such knowledge.

you have willingly tought me how EVERY car runs by statistics, and what SHOULD happen will ALWAYS happen, and if it manages to go the other way, such as this story, the car either has gears, or the statistically-faster car is broken.

seriously, get a grip man, you don't know this guy, you don't know his friend, you know NOTHING about either of their cars, stop saying stupid **** about what is wrong with the LS1 or mods that the LT1 has... and you say you beat up people in R3AL LiFEZ when they say stupid ****, because your a big mean looking guy that knows everything about everybody's car, EVEN on an internet forum

Old 04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Teching In

to the original poster, good runs, and very nice car... i remember seeing the thread you made when you first got it.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

you have 0 posts and made yourself look like a ***** what are you his daddy or boyfriend or somthing.ls1s are faster than lt1s ask anyone on this board you ******* loser
Old 04-06-2007, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

Default you are the op

Originally Posted by The H0ffffffff
to the original poster, good runs, and very nice car... i remember seeing the thread you made when you first got it.
you are the op its not hard to figure out.my typings not the best but my pc and networking knowledge would really fool you
Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Teching In

you are the op its not hard to figure out.my typings not the best but my pc and networking knowledge would really fool you
OH NOES you cought me!!!

like that guy would go through the trouble of making a new account just to prove something to YOU.

i'm not him, i have had some issues with a moderator in the western section named TITAN, my name is greg / NBMgreg / LS1B|RD / T/A / numerous other names.

do some research and look at all those names, they are all banned, and all have numerous posts/vids of my OWN car. try doing some research before saying stupid things, if i saw you in real life, i'd beat you up for saying i'm the OP

PS. prove that every LS1 is faster than every LT1 stock for stock.

thank you, try again.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Teching In

PS. notice my join date on this name, last month... pretty sure this whole debate wasn't discussed a month ago.

some PC and networking knowledge ya got there buddy
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
11 Second Club

grow up you are stuuuuupid your 1 and only post was here

Quick Reply: My LT1 is an LS1 killer?