Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

video: Hyundai Elantra vs ls1 ws6 vs ls2 GTO (guess which one wins by buslength's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the thread where everyone called that very same elantra a slow piece of ****.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/625010-got-beat-hyundai-elantra.html
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Teching In

haha new resecpt for elantras!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know....what's the point of that. Making a piece of crap fast.

I witnessed a 1986 Dodge Caravan run 10s at the track (gutted with big turbo 2.5L); kind of cool seeing a minivan run that fast but would you really want to drive around in that???
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigD 275

I witnessed a 1986 Dodge Caravan run 10s at the track (gutted with big turbo 2.5L); kind of cool seeing a minivan run that fast but would you really want to drive around in that???

Whats the point of making anything fast? It's all been done anyway right?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey I respect that car for sure... I don't care who the hell makes it or what it is. It's a set-up that obviously works.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

You obviously didn't read the entire thread. The guy who owned the car got laughed at and then proceeded to spanked the other cars. Makes sense to me especially if he had money on it. He also won a sleeper award at a car show.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Maybe I'm just old but I remember back in the day seeing a bunch of Vega's and Pinto's smoking a lot of cars and I just got a kick out of it. People will make anything fast if they can.

Beside the shock value of seeing this little family car blow by someone is worth it.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
You obviously didn't read the entire thread. The guy who owned the car got laughed at and then proceeded to spanked the other cars. Makes sense to me especially if he had money on it. He also won a sleeper award at a car show.

Well, if he is making money on that car, good for him. If not, like I said, what's the point....you're still driving around in a piece of crap.

Let me ask you this; would you want to be driving around in that car?? I would rather have something that looks good and is decently fast.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Well, if he is making money on that car, good for him. If not, like I said, what's the point....you're still driving around in a piece of crap.
Not to be a dick but people with your attitude are the reason a car like this is as cool as it is. Most people assume that it is a POS and won't be fast because as you said who would do that.

Let me ask you this; would you want to be driving around in that car?? I would rather have something that looks good and is decently fast.
Honestly, I could give two ***** what anyone thinks of me or my cars. I build whatever I want for me not to try and impress others or get recognition. If someone doesn't like the car I drive who cares, if they don't like the wheels I put on, who cares.

Along the same lines, why put money into your car as Lambo and Ferrari guys look at it as a piece of crap as well even though it is fast.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Teching In

I do make money with that car and I don't drive it everyday .. It's just a car to have fun in ..
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

#1 Do you really think that's his daily driver?
#2 Maybe not everyone needs all of their cars to look good to make their dicks look bigger...just a thought ya know...
#3 I second what a couple of posts above me say, you should talk to someone with a firrari or porsche or lambo, or even some european cars, u know what they'll tell you about your chevy?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Launching!

I know that guy. First time I ever saw that car i was like holy ****. I wouldnt mind buying just the rolling chassis from him and put in my own engine. That is a bad *** car, hope I never run into it on the streets.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jimmy169
#1 Do you really think that's his daily driver?
#2 Maybe not everyone needs all of their cars to look good to make their dicks look bigger...just a thought ya know...
#3 I second what a couple of posts above me say, you should talk to someone with a firrari or porsche or lambo, or even some european cars, u know what they'll tell you about your chevy?
#1 Never said it was. Doesn't matter.
#2 Dicks looking bigger???? Don't need a car for that. Genetics gave me that.
#3 I have friends that own a Ferrari 360, Lambo Murc and Porsche 911. Guess what, they like the look of my plain ole Chevys. It doesn't matter who makes the car; a nice looking car is a nice looking car. The Elantra isn't.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Everyone can spend their money any way they want.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2point2fast
I do make money with that car and I don't drive it everyday .. It's just a car to have fun in ..
I bet you can have a **** load of fun it that....never said you couldn't. A fast car is always fun.

And like I said, if you are making money on that thing, all the power to you.

My opinion is that I would rather spend my money on something that looks good also. But, it's your car, your money, do whatever you want with it.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Not to be a dick but people with your attitude are the reason a car like this is as cool as it is. Most people assume that it is a POS and won't be fast because as you said who would do that.

Honestly, I could give two ***** what anyone thinks of me or my cars. I build whatever I want for me not to try and impress others or get recognition. If someone doesn't like the car I drive who cares, if they don't like the wheels I put on, who cares.

Along the same lines, why put money into your car as Lambo and Ferrari guys look at it as a piece of crap as well even though it is fast.
Attitude???? No, its an opinion. I think we are all entitled to that. I have been around long enough not to assume that just because a vehicle looks like a POS, it's not fast. Like I said before, I have seen and raced, alot of cars that looked like crap but go like hell.

I buy my cars and mod them they way I want too. Never said it was about impressing people or recognition. I prefer to have a nice looking vehicle that is decently fast. Again, my preference and opinion.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

I would LOVE to have a sleeper like that around here!! $$$$
Old 04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's pretty funny, would i want to own that car? no, but would love to see that car take out some coocky ******** around here lol
Old 04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

That's awesome. I'm sure you could take a lot of people by surprise, especially if you act like a dumb ricer in that thing
Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Big D you don't get the idea of a sleeper, there's really nothing more I or anyone can tell you, hopefully you'll understand some day cause it can be a lot of fun to own one, but w/e like you said everyone has their opinion, but the whole point of the car is to not be a nice looking sports car.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Big D you don't get the idea of a sleeper, there's really nothing more I or anyone can tell you, hopefully you'll understand some day cause it can be a lot of fun to own one, but w/e like you said everyone has their opinion, but the whole point of the car is to not be a nice looking sports car.
I completely understand the point of a sleeper. Like I said before, I have raced a bunch of them in the past (got my *** handed to me by a few). I actually think my Trailblazer SS is a sleeper (not too many people expect a SUV to run low 13s).

Yeah, any fast car is fun. Back in my university days, a buddy of mine had a Dodge Colt Turbo (1990 or 91 I think). I don't remember much about it, but it looked liked **** but ran 12s in the 1/4. We had alot of fun smoking Vettes, etc. at the time.

At this point, I just prefer to have a car that looks good and is respectably fast.

Quick Reply: video: Hyundai Elantra vs ls1 ws6 vs ls2 GTO (guess which one wins by buslength's)