Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra Run In!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlpineTT
For the record, it was 1017whp done by Tim Iacoli.

Anyway, people need to respect the Supra for what it was in its time period and what they have accomplished today. Corvettes will always be a American icon car so theres nothing else that needs to be said about them. They have been always known as a performance car with a heritage behind the name.
Absolutely... I've ALWAYS loved the Supra's performance... The ONLY car I think has done a better job is the GTR of like years... Nissan made a similar car that I feel handled much better and could produce much quicker lap times stock vs. stock. Of course, that doesn't take ANYTHING away from the Supra with its unique styling, looks, and performance all on its own.

And its potential to mod while keeping stock components is unrivaled... Too bad this is one of the things that hurts it ($$$ and weight... Of the engine, rear end, etc) on its road race capabilities, presumably, when compared to cars like the C5.

However this may have hurt it, it DID MAKE for one hell of a "swan song" since its loyal enthusiasts were able to reap the many benefits, spending little money to mod due to strong stock components... A very unique car, unique release, and unique history that could not have happened any other way for the car to be as admired as it is now... Still looking for a stock one without getting raped.

Quick Reply: Supra Run In!