Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres some videos for you guys...

http://www.amsperformance.com/videos.php
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by newgene
I haven't really seen too many dynos of turbo evos. However, I have seen some dynos of turbo LS1/LS6's and they are sick. I've never rode in an LS1 while pushing 20 psi from a turbo, but I would imagine it would be brutal compared to an evo pushing the same. I run 7 psi from a procharger, and I don't see any way I would loose to an evo, even with the boost over stock. At least, not from one with just a grand thrown at it.

BTW, what does "modded stock" mean? Is that different than regular ole' modded?
The car is modded, but it's still running the stock turbo
Old 05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Directed at me?
I hope not cause I actually love Evo's...
Oh yea and:
Jimmy what the hell was that i saw at the end was that the ricer flashers
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not gunna lie, but i would love to own an EVO as a DD i think they would be pretty fun. I rode in one that ran like 11.8s and man did it feel like we were flying.. When the boost hit that was the fun part i love that feeling but in my TA i have it as soon as i hit the throttle
Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bjamick
Jimmy what the hell was that i saw at the end was that the ricer flashers
It was me ****** with my buddy, we both got a laugh out of it.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know why anyone would think racing from a roll is stupid. Where I live its the only time I get to run. Its not like the F & F over here where there is a huge warehouse that everyone goes too. Most of my races are impromptu freeway rolls to put cocky slow cars in there place!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I don't know why anyone would think racing from a roll is stupid. Where I live its the only time I get to run. Its not like the F & F over here where there is a huge warehouse that everyone goes too. Most of my races are impromptu freeway rolls to put cocky slow cars in there place!
+1 same thing down here in austin
Old 05-01-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Other than my traction issue I would love to race from a dig, but I would rather take my chances on the freeway with other traffic as a distraction.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by newgene
I run 7 psi from a procharger, and I don't see any way I would loose to an evo, even with the boost over stock. At least, not from one with just a grand thrown at it.
Throw the same money at the EVO that you spent and then race one.

It's sad how people can dis on a car/owner just because it's an import. I own both and I could care less where it made.

And to the guy running a 13.6@105. Are you kidding me? Man way to hate ona car running better times then you.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i don't see a single one in south jersey. well, of course they're around, but it's very rare. you must live around a lot of teens or in an area with a heavy "Fast and the Furious" fan population. there aren't many ricers out my way, thank god. do you live in LA or something?

again, evo's aren't a very popular car. compare it to an f-body, mustang, charger...they just don't sell by comparison.

I dont want to spur this thing on anymore than it always goes but:

1)Your talking down about Evo Sales? At least its on sale. WTF do you think happened to F-Bodies?
And I have lived in Colorado and Arizona. Just west of Denver and right in PHX. About as different as two towns can be IMO. I see Evos everywhere in both places. Despite the fact that they cost more.

2)500RPM for decent power?. They start by 4. Hell full boost stock is sooner than that in 3rd gear, let alone on some highway pull. It gets better with bolt-ons.

3)Sound is subjective. Show me a numerical representation of a nice sounding car versus a bad sounding car and a formula to determine it. I'm sure most of us do prefer the sound of an LS1. I certanly do and I love 4G63s. This is LS1Tech. But LS1Tech is not the whole world. Lots of people like the sound of Evos, myself included. As for modded: Big turbo low displacement cars have a really cool sound to them. At first you just hear the build up and then there is just a wall of sound. Its not melodious like a NA V8. Its just this incoherent barage. Its awesome. Not as awesome in my opinion, but definitely not bad.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo2.4Liter
I guessing you didn't see the period there, the point in saying something about the dyno graph was you having seeing its powerband. a 105mph evo will throw you back more at 20mph than a 105mph 2.73 auto f-body will lol. 20mph being in its 1st gear right in its powerband with its superior gearing to an f-body (more geared trans and 4.58 final).

But its useless to say anything to you because in you mind you right about everything and know everything of all cars lol. btw just wondering have you ever even been in a evo?
No, it won't.

The F-Body makes a hell of a lot more power than a stock Evo, by about 50-70WHP. Thats a huge difference. The F-Body will throw you back in the seat harder at ANY RPM.

I think everyone here has at least been in an Evo. I've never been more unimpresed with a car. It reminded me of my old 4 cylinder beater until the turbo spooled, at which point I was about to fall asleep.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Heres some videos for you guys...

http://www.amsperformance.com/videos.php
Are we supposed to be impressed or something?? A bunch of ******** drop 30K on an Evo to make it run 9's, wow, I'm going to go buy one now.

Ever heard of Evolution performance?? Not Mitsbishi Evolution, just Evolution. Their '07 GT500 is running 9.6 1/4 miles with a KB, bolt ons, and spray.

http://www.evoperform.com/videos.htm
Old 05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
do you have any idea how ignorant you sound?? your not a true car guy, a true car guy can respect, and praise any car that is fast regardless of how it looks, or sounds. your probably just some redneck who has never even driven an evo.
No, that would be the definiton of a brainless moron with no opinion or taste in vehicles.

"Duh...does it be going fast? Then I like it wooo"

I've driven plenty of Evos. Not impressed in the least.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
that's good you already have that attitude. Because my 2liter sedan will whoop your LS1 anyday. And it is still reliable with great mpg and plenty of room. And something about you being 20yo and an "old school domestic muscle car guy" sounds kinda off, but maybe its just me.
Look, another import trolling retard here to rep his "sick *** tight evo dawg"

Why don't you try your Evo up against an LS1 that is modded as well. Any modded car can beat a stock car. Stupid comparison.

Reliable??

Its a Mitsubishi. If you consider "reliable" as lasting for 80K miles without blowing to pieces, I guess you could say its reliable. In the overall scheme of things though mitsubishis are pieces of ****, both quality and reliability wise. Theres a reason the company is almost bankrupt and DC dumped them off on the side of the road.

about that all imports sound like ricer crap thing: Ever heard a boxer engine with unequal length headers and boost? Thought not. Its a sound that gets questions from people of all walks of life with all types of vehicles, including full drag Busas and dedicated race cars. So don't bring your little opinions and insignificant experiences to the table like you're holding a Nobel Peace Prize in automotive advancements.
Still doesn't sound as good as any V8. Sounds like a 4 banger but deeper. Your Inline 4 Evo just sounds like a weebwacker on steriods, in other words it gives people headaches and makes their ears bleed

Logic?? Yea, you use import trolling fanboy logic alright...
Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Some woke up from their nap in bad mood
Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Some woke up from their nap in bad mood
Nahh.

It just amazes me how many import fanboys there are on here trying to get respect for Evos. They are nothing special, its an economy car with a turbo 4 banger. Yes, you can mod them to be fast. So can any other car. Difference it modding a real performance car nets you a fast car that sounds and looks good. The Evo is the opposite.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Are we supposed to be impressed or something?? A bunch of ******** drop 30K on an Evo to make it run 9's, wow, I'm going to go buy one now.

Ever heard of Evolution performance?? Not Mitsbishi Evolution, just Evolution. Their '07 GT500 is running 9.6 1/4 miles with a KB, bolt ons, and spray.

http://www.evoperform.com/videos.htm
/Sarcasm on
Yeah what he said.. They only added bolt ons, spray and a Kenny Bell on to a GT500 and it runs 9.. You would need to drop 30k into an EVO to get it to run 9's.
/Sarcasm off

Sadly in the end you still spent less money on the EVO. You can get an EVO to run 9's CHEAPER then just buying a GT500.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Teching In

If an Evo isn't a peformance car then neither is a camaro/firebird..

We should all bow down..

Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
/Sarcasm on
Yeah what he said.. They only added bolt ons, spray and a Kenny Bell on to a GT500 and it runs 9.. You would need to drop 30k into an EVO to get it to run 9's.
/Sarcasm off

Sadly in the end you still spent less money on the EVO. You can get an EVO to run 9's CHEAPER then just buying a GT500.
Bullshit. By the time you have an Evo in the 9's you're going to go through at least a few transmissions, transfer cases, clutches, and CV axles. The Shelby still has the stock drivetrain. Evos are economy cars, not race cars, getting one into the 9's is going to break a lot of ****. Hell, I've seen transmissions and transfer cases blow out from launching and runnign 13's, its a joke.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
If an Evo isn't a peformance car then neither is a camaro/firebird..

We should all bow down..

Camaro and Firebird are on the F-Body chassis. The F-body chassis was originally designed for the car, being a 2 door, RWD, hatchback with a V8 engine. It was deigned as a performance car from the start.

The Evo is based on the Lancer economy sedan. It was never meant to be a performance car. It was meant to be cheap, get good gas mileage, and be disposable. Big difference there buddy.

Quick Reply: Killed by a Evo