Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New corvette kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New corvette kill

I was leaving base on my way to Wal-Mart and up at the stop light what do I see? A burnt orange corvette, it was a new one I also looked to see if it was a Z06, and it was not! "Thank Goodness" Anyway, I looked over at the guy and he didn't even look over my way at all I was like alright I'm going either way!!! So the light turns green and we both go screaming away...I pull 1 car, 2 cars on him up to 90 and it's over he taps out! I know he was like "what had happend wuz"....I know he had to have more HP than me but whatever a win is a win! Now I'm so glad I didn't go and trade my car for a new Corvette, though I still love them!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Launching!

That's a lot of car lengths to only 90 for relatively evenly matched cars. He may not have had more hp than you...stock A4 C6 Vette puts down 335-345 rwhp (M6 in the 345-355 range). You are probably pretty close with your mods, but he should have 500+lbs on you.

Maybe he was just a tool and had TC on, or needed the driver mod. Either way...you were out front, so good kill!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

You're a lucky man to have beaten that Vetter like that. I'll have to call a bad driver mod on the Corvette's side.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thats what i was thinking

I think they run like mid 12's, best I got was a 12.9 on street tires! Either way I was happy to race him since races on the street around here are far in between! I definately need to get rid of my 2.73's!!! Anyway thanks for the replies!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

This has been said a million times; "Anything can happen on the street".

I've seen C6 vettes (stock) run mid 13s and some run mid 12s. All in the driver. These were M6 cars too.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill!

You out drove him!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah i've seen my friend who couldn't even drive an auto lose to a v6 f-150 somehow in his ws6. (Had TC on, and didn't floor it for some reason)
Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
Yeah i've seen my friend who couldn't even drive an auto lose to a v6 f-150 somehow in his ws6. (Had TC on, and didn't floor it for some reason)
I think you forgot to mention one flat tire, two spark plugs removed, and his pet hamster had crawled under the gas pedal, and he wanted to save his life.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wpnsman2000
I was leaving base on my way to Wal-Mart and up at the stop light what do I see? A burnt orange corvette, it was a new one I also looked to see if it was a Z06, and it was not! "Thank Goodness" Anyway, I looked over at the guy and he didn't even look over my way at all I was like alright I'm going either way!!! So the light turns green and we both go screaming away...I pull 1 car, 2 cars on him up to 90 and it's over he taps out! I know he was like "what had happend wuz"....I know he had to have more HP than me but whatever a win is a win! Now I'm so glad I didn't go and trade my car for a new Corvette, though I still love them!
Sweet, but because of that you would rater drive your older Camaro instead of a new vette! Now let's hope the vette driver does not post here and say "oh, we were racing"! I had an old beat up truck trying to race me the other day while I in my 10sec C6 Z so I just played with him by staying along side him for alittle bit and then letting him go. I saw the passenger put his arms up like in a victory move, so I'm still waiting to see a post on the forums saying old truck(pos) bet new C6 Z.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M3Corvette
Sweet, but because of that you would rater drive your older Camaro instead of a new vette! Now let's hope the vette driver does not post here and say "oh, we were racing"! I had an old beat up truck trying to race me the other day while I in my 10sec C6 Z so I just played with him by staying along side him for alittle bit and then letting him go. I saw the passenger put his arms up like in a victory move, so I'm still waiting to see a post on the forums saying old truck(pos) bet new C6 Z.
Was that you Scott? I was cruising in my old 92 pickup! I knew we'd meet some day and I'd put that Z06 in it's place. Not bad for an F150 with a 300 straight 6!

P.S. I think you would have taken me on a twisty road...ROFL

Hope you're doin' good man!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Launching!

I watched a youtube video last night of a Mustang GT ('05) with procharger race a C6 (headers/exhaust) 3-4 times. The vette walks off except for once when he obviously missed a gear and the idiot girl taping it from the passenger side of the mustang is all, "You're a vette eater baby, mustangs rule, that's what victory looks like, etc." (this after they had been walked at least twice). They race once more after the missed gear and the vette walks off...she just goes "aww, mmm, uhh". Perception is a bitch.

I had some freakin' fart can Jetta dicking with me the other day...dropped it to the floor, lit the tires up and kicked it sideways at 40mph, let off, then gave them the no-no sign. They gave a big thumbs up and went away.

Hey OP...a kill is still a kill, and if that Vette was bone stock, they can be dogs with factory tunes.

Scott, quit pickin' on old trucks. That thing could have a Hemi in it!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Was that you Scott? I was cruising in my old 92 pickup! I knew we'd meet some day and I'd put that Z06 in it's place. Not bad for an F150 with a 300 straight 6!

P.S. I think you would have taken me on a twisty road...ROFL

Hope you're doin' good man!
What up D! I get that crap all the time. Everybody wants to race and they can all drive better than you. I'll be racing up at Richmond dragway all day on May 11th if you want to swing by. Later.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigRon77
I watched a youtube video last night of a Mustang GT ('05) with procharger race a C6 (headers/exhaust) 3-4 times. The vette walks off except for once when he obviously missed a gear and the idiot girl taping it from the passenger side of the mustang is all, "You're a vette eater baby, mustangs rule, that's what victory looks like, etc." (this after they had been walked at least twice). They race once more after the missed gear and the vette walks off...she just goes "aww, mmm, uhh". Perception is a bitch.

I had some freakin' fart can Jetta dicking with me the other day...dropped it to the floor, lit the tires up and kicked it sideways at 40mph, let off, then gave them the no-no sign. They gave a big thumbs up and went away.

Hey OP...a kill is still a kill, and if that Vette was bone stock, they can be dogs with factory tunes.

Scott, quit pickin' on old trucks. That thing could have a Hemi in it!
How's it going Ron. How's the law biz? I saw that same vid and that poor girl shut up fast after the next race.

I had to follow you Ron with the color and get a black C6 Z. I'm going to pick it up at the museum next week. Keep the kills coming bro. Scott
Old 05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

How's it going Ron. How's the law biz? I saw that same vid and that poor girl shut up fast after the next race.

I had to follow you Ron with the color and get a black C6 Z. I'm going to pick it up at the museum next week. Keep the kills coming bro. Scott

Yeah, like all the beasts you already own aren't doing it for ya, you have to get another Z !

I'm just sitting back waiting now. I was going to drop in a TT setup on the 403, but I'd have to change pistons, etc., so thinking about an '08 and start all over with the new LS3 engine and 6spd auto .