Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A roush 427R new body mustang rolled up on me today

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=KingCobra02]
Originally Posted by ponygt65

1) WTF??? Im not even going to comment on the " motors dont race, cars do" comment. Im not a brain surgeon by any means but.... the mach 1 is still a 4.6 right? No matter if if has dohc, sohc, or 8 cams with 86 valves.... its still a 4.6. Therefore not being anything special.
So you are saying the Mach (or N/A cobra) is nothing special? Well, I guess you don't know much about them. Your comment of "No matter if if has dohc, sohc, or 8 cams with 86 valves.... its still a 4.6. Therefore not being anything special" is saying a 2V is comparable and just like a 4V. WOW....you are a brainiac...why didN'T you say you are a brain surgeon?...with comments like that you should be working in Beverly Hills.

2) Im sure he meant " n/a cobras" no need to be a **** about "what name he called it"
You obviously DIDn't read his first post.....he clearly stated he has never seen an N/A 03-04 Term run 9s. Go read it yourself. NOW, if he can come in here and argue his point....he should know what he is talking about...I mean, afterall, he has machined a few...right?

3) Lets talk power per cubic inches(since you brought it up) assuming your math is correct... your .14 more horsepower per inch sounds great on paper, but your still lacking 65 inches, therefore still being down on power...and the ls1 still makes MORE power. What was the logic behind your statement?
WTF Does this mean?.....(BTW - Math is my best subject...not to mention, I went to school for accounting, go ahead and double check it...I DID type the formulas). Read my other post. My point is....the mach motor CAN compete.....and IS just as good of a motor....especially since that F'ING motor produces more power PER......and only 30 LESS HP with have 65 LESS CI....don't know what you are trying to proove here...but you ONLY further prooved my point.
4) As for the "Mods dont mean SHIAT" comment - You are exactlly right. Stock for stock a 37xx pound car with 270 rwhp wont hang with a 37xx pound 315 rwhp car, no matter what brand it is. Stock ls1 vs. built(or S/C) 4.6 might be a different story.
UM......WTF again?.....bringing up cars when we are talking motors? OK, I guess I have to play that stupid game....HOW THE **** can you bring that up when there is ALOT more to 'hanging' that just RWHP? Um...Rear gears, Tranny gears...tranny types....must I go on?

What chapps my *** about this, is that the "mustang" crowd says that their here to learn and/or teach....but 75% of them are here to troll and/or bitch. To the 25% that are cool and open minded "PROPS" to you. To the others, if you dont like what you hear, fact or opinion.....remember YOUR ON AN LS1 SITE!
If you have bothered to look at my posts.......I DO POST knowledged USEFUL information about stangs to those that don't know. The ONLY time I have gotten defensive is when a CLOSE MINDED GM/LT/LS person comes in and talks **** and backs up their **** with INCORRECT/IGNORANT information. Go ahead...do a search for my posts..then read ALL pages up to my posts, you will see what I am talking about. BTW - My bro is a camaro freak...I DO give props to all types of detroit muscle. I just can't stand ignorant people...and the ignorant people that refuse to be open minded....you know...there ARE GM people on here that are exactly what you are describing (when you are tlaking about the Ford members)
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^All this guy does is argue.

Nice kill for the op. Any particular reason why you have the 5.3?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=NemeSS]
Originally Posted by 04Terminator

i am familiar with the mod motors, i have machined and built a few, at my
previous employment, from where i stand, for a street/strip type
car, with a ls motor forced induction is not needed to run 10's and such
i dont think i could get a budget notch in the 10's with a 2v motor swap
without fi, however it is very realistic with ls power on motor. i am not arguing the capacity of the nmra type cars, but like i said they far from conventional, the ls1 is in its infancy compared to the mod motor in development, the mod has been around since really early 90's. but
perhaps with the current development of LSx motors they will be more widely accepted by hardcore racers, and we will begin seeing them in 7, 8 sec. cars etc. a oem 6.0 block has alredy seen the 6's but that was in a tube chassis,
lite weight, dedicated race car, as are all serious single digit cars.
those dam mach 1's do seem to hook, give em that
Perhaps...maybe...
As of now, LSx motors are not the base of very fast race cars. NA, the Mach 4V motor is = to an LS1. FI= as good or better and with less c.i.

This could be argued forever. It's a ricer argument to say that Ford could not or did not = and LS1 with a mod motor...it needs FI... blah, blah, blah.
If GM came out with a FI motor that was comparable to the Ford 4.6 or 5.4 you die-hard GM fanboys would be wetting your drawers with how wonderful it is.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=04Terminator]
Originally Posted by NemeSS

If GM came out with a FI motor that was comparable to the Ford 4.6 or 5.4 you die-hard GM fanboys would be wetting your drawers with how wonderful it is.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Ok, GM does have a factory supercharged motor. It will be released in the new Blue Devil ZO7 or whatever they finally decide to call it Corvette. Factory warranty 5 yr 100,000 mile and over 600 hp(650) .

So I guess that means that FORD will be upping the boost on their GT and GT500, IMO only to come up short. Don't bring up the Shelby version either, because its already been stated that 700 hp SuperSnake pkg VOIDS any and all warranty coverage by FORD.

The only Snake that the Corvette should be worried about is the New Viper once more mods are available.

This is only an opinion, I am just ******* with you FORD guys so don't get all pissy. BTW I love the retro Mustang. Killer looks, great factory exhaust note and overall well done car with an affordable price.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=allngn_c5]

Ahhhhhhhhhh Ok, GM does have a factory supercharged motor. It will be released in the new Blue Devil ZO7 or whatever they finally decide to call it Corvette. Factory warranty 5 yr 100,000 mile and over 600 hp(650) .

So I guess that means that FORD will be upping the boost on their GT and GT500, IMO only to come up short. Don't bring up the Shelby version either, because its already been stated that 700 hp SuperSnake pkg VOIDS any and all warranty coverage by FORD.

The only Snake that the Corvette should be worried about is the New Viper once more mods are available.

This is only an opinion, I am just ******* with you FORD guys so don't get all pissy. BTW I love the retro Mustang. Killer looks, great factory exhaust note and overall well done car with an affordable price.

Clean up your wet drawers...

I could give **** about stock stuff. I like to mod.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

04Terminator, any particular reason why you always have 47 posts? I see you post all the time and I have yet to see you go over 47 posts.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=04Terminator]
Originally Posted by allngn_c5

Clean up your wet drawers...

I could give **** about stock stuff. I like to mod.

I know this bro. Anyways if you take a modded 4.6 or 5.4 you just won't make the power of GMs 6.2 that's coming out. There is no replacement for displacement. Unless you count nitrous that is only as good as long as the pressure is up and the bottle is warm. I am talking about power at all times, not bottle power. When the bottle is empty you are done.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
04Terminator, any particular reason why you always have 47 posts? I see you post all the time and I have yet to see you go over 47 posts.
Because I like to post in theis section...where posts don't count.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=allngn_c5]

I know this bro. Anyways if you take a modded 4.6 or 5.4 you just won't make the power of GMs 6.2 that's coming out. There is no replacement for displacement. Unless you count nitrous that is only as good as long as the pressure is up and the bottle is warm. I am talking about power at all times, not bottle power. When the bottle is empty you are done.
Come on, now. Everything is relative. And besides, your talking about a motor that is yet to prove itself. I understand your hopes are high, but you of all people on here should know that even a little 4 cyl can make big power if you wnat to go to the trouble/effort/$ to do it.

Are your pants dry yet?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Because I like to post in theis section...where posts don't count.
What he meant to say

Because I like to argue in this section about how totally rad Ford is!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=04Terminator]

Come on, now. Everything is relative. And besides, your talking about a motor that is yet to prove itself. I understand your hopes are high, but you of all people on here should know that even a little 4 cyl can make big power if you wnat to go to the trouble/effort/$ to do it.

Are your pants dry yet?

Yeah I hear ya. But remember all the claims GM made about the c6 Z before it was released ?? Anyways they made huge performance claims and backed them all up.

As far as results for the new GM motor there is extensive testing being done on the car/motor in Germany. Its being driven on that famous track, I hate when I have a brain fart and can't remember something. Do you know what track I am referring too? The track that Porsche uses to evaluate their cars. Damn I can't think of the name !!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

the reason I have a 5.3 is because my first engine died, then my 408 blew up,a buddy of mine screwed me out of the money on the 408, I wanted my car back together it sat for a year. I ran acrossed a cheap 5.3 with low miles and bought it to get my car back on the road. I am pretty impressed with it. It seems to love nitrous, with stock heads on 100 shot it went 11.40s with the auto at 119 (3750lbs with me in it)and now I have a six speed. I raced a buddy of mine on a 125 shot and beat him and his car trapped 126 in the quarter. I also raced a 350 z that put 540 to the wheels on a 100 shot and he beat me by a fender. he told me he raced a new zo6 and beat it by 2 cars. So now I am trying to find a new zo6 to race.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

The test track is called Nurburgring. The ultimate test track for performance evaluation.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
What he meant to say

No, I like to keep facts straight and I like to keep up with the latest in car information. This is the best (by a long shot) street/strip forum on the net. Most guys here are car entusiasts and not nut swingers. Most guys here are interested in facts and entertaining kills. Ford is no more "RAD" than GM or Damnler/Dodge ( ). Just different.

I feel no need to defend myself, but I'm as apt to correct an ignorant Ford guy that said he whipped a 99SS in a stock 02GT as I am an LSx nutswinger that his stock A4, 2.73 geared car beat a pulleyed terminator by buslengths...

Carry on.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 AM
9 Second Club

The test track is called Nurburgring. The ultimate test track for performance evaluation.
Yea, I knew the track you meant. Damn thing is like huge with hundreds of turns etc...

I don't doubt that GM will back their claims with the new vette. Actually, I love it. Dodge does the Viper...Ford Does the GT...GM does the Z06...on and on...trumping each other...everybody wins.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

You know id like to see one of those new stangs hook up with the new turbo charged
Pontiac's or Saturn Sky's (335hp). You know im kinda suprised no one has even talked about the 7.0 litter Solitice that gm produced (505hp) 10.8 1/4.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

No, I like to keep facts straight and I like to keep up with the latest in car information. This is the best (by a long shot) street/strip forum on the net. Most guys here are car entusiasts and not nut swingers. Most guys here are interested in facts and entertaining kills. Ford is no more "RAD" than GM or Damnler/Dodge ( ). Just different.

I feel no need to defend myself, but I'm as apt to correct an ignorant Ford guy that said he whipped a 99SS in a stock 02GT as I am an LSx nutswinger that his stock A4, 2.73 geared car beat a pulleyed terminator by buslengths...

Carry on.
The latest in car info would not be in the Kills section. Pretty much the only section where you post. Not trying to be a dick but whenever a Ford kill is posted the same three Ford guys are on here having arguments . Not saying that there isn't a bunch of tool bag GM guys here but this is a GM site.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
9 Second Club

The latest in car info would not be in the Kills section. Pretty much the only section where you post. Not trying to be a dick but whenever a Ford kill is posted the same three Ford guys are on here having arguments . Not saying that there isn't a bunch of tool bag GM guys here but this is a GM site.
I disagree. You can pretty much determine what the median street performance cars are out there by hanging around sites like this. Who is running what with what mods, etc.

There are more than 3 ford guys on here. Want to count the mods also? Accuracy and truth is important...you think? What kind of forum would this be if only GM kills could be posted? And then only "good kill" was nearly the only response?

I like this forum and I won't leave until I'm banned, which should be never since I rarely get into pissing matches. I try to keep it "discussion-like" and factual as well as avoid a childish name-calling contest. If you try other forums, you'll find a variety of car owners regardless of the site's preferred make.

Summary: Don't like me here because I have a Ford? Tough ****.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

I disagree. You can pretty much determine what the median street performance cars are out there by hanging around sites like this. Who is running what with what mods, etc.

There are more than 3 ford guys on here. Want to count the mods also? Accuracy and truth is important...you think? What kind of forum would this be if only GM kills could be posted? And then only "good kill" was nearly the only response?

I like this forum and I won't leave until I'm banned, which should be never since I rarely get into pissing matches. I try to keep it "discussion-like" and factual as well as avoid a childish name-calling contest. If you try other forums, you'll find a variety of car owners regardless of the site's preferred make.

Summary: Don't like me here because I have a Ford? Tough ****.
I do not dislike anybody because of the car they drive

I also did not say that there are only three Ford owners on here, Only three that are in the middle of every argument.

But if every Kill is argued for fact then it is not good info.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
9 Second Club

I do not dislike anybody because of the car they drive

I also did not say that there are only three Ford owners on here, Only three that are in the middle of every argument.

But if every Kill is argued for fact then it is not good info.
You posted that someone ran a 13.5 in a Saleen...good use of 50K...
I told you a little about Saleens. 13.5 is a good time for a S281. 50K is the price of an S281SC. These cars are good for 12.7s with decent tires. Now for some reason, you say I'm arguing and posted:

What he meant to say:

And stated that there were 3 ford guys always arguing here along with "this is a GM site". It seems you are spoiling for a fight or trying to get under my skin. Just stating facts. I don't care to argue or get into pissing matches, so... have a nice day. We just disagree.