Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Mustang with Roush blower

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
thats funny bolt on M6 cars have laid down those #s. With his mods that car shoud be 450+rwhp which is easily capable of low 11s in good air....
are you sayin the stang or the ls1 should be 450+ and as for the arguement about s197 weight mine weighs 3900 without me in it lol
Old 05-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Great showcase of races!

But I never like those cheesy little "hand-waves" people try and do. And, although I'd LOVE to be racing in that situation, the driver is just a little too giddy for me (like a 16 year old in his first race). But I'm just a real picky person. And I guess its understandable...

Props to the guy - looks like that made his week.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill, just because it has a s/c doesnt make it unbeatable lol
Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Ya i know a supercharger doesn't make it unbeatable I thought I would show you guys a race it was are 1st time videoing a race just thought I would put it up and no I'm not giddy I have won lots of races.

Last edited by 4U2BNVS; 05-22-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Thanks again guys
Old 05-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I just hate stupid and ignorant people.
then while we're on it, don't forget that we're talking about a roush mustang. it has a supercharger on it and God knows what other stupid, useless **** roush puts on to make the price jump up. they're known for ugly body kits, useless suspension mods and cold air intakes that add 3 horsepower and all add to the car's weight. we're not talking about a base V6 mustang, here. we're not talking about a GT, either. we're talking about a monstrosity from roush that probably weighs 100-200 lbs more, making the car exactly what it looks like: a big, fat, heavy pig.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyxg
My buddys 02 Saleen has patriot heads and cam l/ts and tune on his car it also has the Saleen blower witch sucks, the car laid down 392 at the wheels.I he installed a K/B blower it would be close to 600.But hey run what ya brung nice kill!
Just keeping the facts straight:
The 05+ Saleen twin-screw charger is a very efficient design. The older (02) was also a decent charger.

Roush on the other hand has an old technology roots charger. It sucks.

Remember that you can only boost as much as the internals will handle.

To the op: Nice kill.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
then while we're on it, don't forget that we're talking about a roush mustang. it has a supercharger on it and God knows what other stupid, useless **** roush puts on to make the price jump up. they're known for ugly body kits, useless suspension mods and cold air intakes that add 3 horsepower and all add to the car's weight. we're not talking about a base V6 mustang, here. we're not talking about a GT, either. we're talking about a monstrosity from roush that probably weighs 100-200 lbs more, making the car exactly what it looks like: a big, fat, heavy pig.
Only the Stage 3 is SC...
You should check the Roush's skid pad numbers...as good as a C6 for the fat heavy pig.
And don't confuse SN197s, new edges etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
You should check the Roush's skid pad numbers...as good as a C6 for the fat heavy pig.
You gotta remember that Choco is almost as biased as ONEBITCHASSWS6, so it's not gonna do any good to present facts
Old 05-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Ya SN197s and new edge cars are totally different. I'm glad I beat the guy but at first I didn't even want to race him cus I couldn't hear the supercharger and thought it would be a waste of time but I'll give the cuy props his car was definitely bad *** and if it wasn't for the big cam in my car his car probably turns way more heads thatn mine does. All in all in was just fun goin out that night. Hopefully we go out again soon cus i want to race that terminator cobra and see how quick it is. But just remember guys where I live alotta people don't build them fast they try to make them look good 1st. Me I prefer speed just my opinion now If I could make my car quicker that would be great. Maybe time for a procharger.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice runs!

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
look, i wasent tryin to be a dick about it. im sure your car is quick and all i just still dont see a cam only camaro pullin like that on a 400 hp car, cause if im right cam only would give you 340-370rwhp right?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Teching In

ok maybe 370-410 ,lol
Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

dominated
Old 05-23-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You gotta remember that Choco is almost as biased as ONEBITCHASSWS6, so it's not gonna do any good to present facts

Tell me about it. He is a classic internet genious.

You mean like the FACT that choco came back at me in reference to Roush mustangs...EVENTHOUGH my conversation started with the other guy referenced a MEMBER's S197 as a fat pig, not the OPs?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

good kill
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
and this is supercharged, so what i said holds true.

skidpad numbers? who cares? it's real life performance that matters. are you a benchracer? because you're quoting magazines to me. in real life, i GUARANTEE a corvette is significantly more aerodynamic than the brick on wheels that is the sN197 mustang.
i'm biased? you're the biased one, here. you're defending a car that got its butt handed to it strictly because you're a mustang driver/fan. believe it or not, i actually like new edge mustangs. i like '03-'04 cobras. i think the ford 302 was one of the best sounding engines ever made, along with a 4V 4.6L. i'm just pointing out REALITY here, which some of you are escaping, here.

roush = overpriced junk. this guy would have been much better off buying a GT and supercharging it himself. not only do i bet it would be a lot faster, but he probably would have saved money as well.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
***Repost Police***

"Quoting magazines" about cars is better than talking trash about a car that you've never driven
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Resident

"Quoting magazines" about cars is better than talking trash about a car that you've never driven
indeed. well, since the video clearly shows that it is no match for a cammed LS1, i really don't need to have driven the car to know it's a pig for the money you pay. so what's your point?

magazine quoting IS NOT better than "talking trash about a car i've never driven" because I KNOW the facts. I KNOW that it is an inferior car because i have real world evidence. car and driver isn't real world evidence. a video is.

and what the hell? do you refresh this page every minute HOW did you reply that fast
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
indeed. well, since the video clearly shows that it is no match for a cammed LS1, i really don't need to have driven the car to know it's a pig for the money you pay. so what's your point?

magazine quoting IS NOT better than "talking trash about a car i've never driven" because I KNOW the facts. I KNOW that it is an inferior car because i have real world evidence. car and driver isn't real world evidence. a video is.

and what the hell? do you refresh this page every minute HOW did you reply that fast
Yeah, but you're calling it a fat heavy pig when it doesn't weigh much more than your car at all. And seeing a video isn't "real world." You weren't there. Not saying this video isn't legit or anything like that, but in general you can't fully believe EVERYTHING you see. Like that guy with the 268rwhp bolt-on LT1 with 3.23s that has "real world video evidence" of him PULLING a blown new-edge GT with well over 300rwhp. Yeah, there's video of him pulling the car, but come on... And I wasn't aware that merely being a bit slower makes something an "inferior car?"
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Irunelevens

Trust me the video is real its my car we could show it to you on camera. Hell if you lived close I could take you to the mustang guy and race him again. I know your not trying to be a dick about anything but my car is fairly quick obviously from the vid and that mustang was not slouch as he beat a airlid and exhaust LS1 pretty bad but like I said my car is probably over 450 rwhp but that is just a guess and also I'm an M6 with 4.10s with Mickey Thompson DR's so my car will get outta the hole good.

Thanks for all the compliments guys