Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran an Audi RS4 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran an Audi RS4 tonight

I decided to go for a ride earlier tonight to drive around my car before I get my H/C etc... installed. Obviously I was looking for a run or 2 as I can never seem to get one, cars are always going the other way. I got on the freeway a little quickly I must say. As I am looking in my rearview I see a pair of HID's weaving in and out of traffic looking like he is trying to catch up to me. I slow to the 65 speed limit and let him pull next to me and it is a younger guy in a new Audi RS4 which are beautiful cars. I knew he wanted to go by the way he eyeballed me going by slowly and then accelerated a bit to see if I would follow. We were on a 3 lane road and he gets over in the right lane btw a gap in traffic and waits for me to follow suit. There were no cars for a good 1/4 or more in front of this particular pack of traffic. I downshift to 3rd at 75 or so as I already heard him downshift. I started around 6-7 cars behind and by the mid of 4th pulled ahead of him by about 4 and kept pulling to about 135 into 5th at which point I had him by about 6 cars and he gave up. He then tried a fly by at 80 or so and I stopped his pull by 110 and he hit the brakes. He was pretty cool, puled beside me gave me a thumbs up and said nice car and we went our ways. I was pumped to actually run someone for a change. As far as mods, I dont have much installed right now other than lots of susp stuff. My car is a SLP 345 HP car with a loudmouth mated to the CME and according to SLP (the former owner) has SLP ported heads as well. I was surprised I could pull that many cars on him esp starting from 6-7 cars behind him before pulling around in 4th. I also had a 185lb passenger and he was alone. Oh well sorry for the long story and lack of paragraphs, Im too lazy right now just thought I'd share.

Last edited by big reg; 06-09-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

that's a great kill man but those cars are alright but for the price of one of those RS4s I would rather buy a used E55 amg and call it a day...
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSrussman
that's a great kill man but those cars are alright but for the price of one of those RS4s I would rather buy a used E55 amg and call it a day...

+1
Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill!

The 420 crank HP and 320 crank tq is not the most to a car what is near 4000lbs the AWD sucks too at those speeds
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by big reg
I downshift to 3rd at 75 or so as I already heard him downshift. I started around 6-7 cars behind and by the mid of 4th pulled ahead of him by about 4 and kept pulling to about 135 into 5th at which point I had him by about 7-8 cars and he gave up. He then tried a fly by at 80 or so and I stopped his pull by 110 and he hit the brakes. He was pretty cool, puled beside me gave me a thumbs up and said nice car and we went our ways. I was pumped to actually run someone for a change. As far as mods, I dont have much installed right now other than lots of susp stuff. My car is a SLP 345 HP car with a loudmouth mated to the CME and according to SLP (the former owner) has SLP ported heads as well. I was surprised I could pull that many cars on him esp starting from 6-7 cars behind him before pulling around in 4th. I also had a 185lb passenger and he was alone. Oh well sorry for the long story and lack of paragraphs, Im too lazy right now just thought I'd share.
you guys actually believe this BULLSHIT~!! they are not that slow.

so let me get this stright. you made up 7 cars. ROFL.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Maybe it was only an S4 and the drive doesn t know to drive.

You right from 7 cars behind to 7 cars in front is away too much difference

Last edited by 98 Formula; 06-09-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

You sure it was an Rs4?. Not an S4 ? Or even an A4?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

You guys are comical. I saw the car right next to me at about 3 feet away. It was light outside as well as it was only 8:15 or so at night. As far as how fast they are learn your **** before calling someone out. In 3rd I pulled very slowly and into the mid of 4th, I was catching him at a decent pace. In the upper part of 4th above 110 or so I started to pull very easily and like I said by 135 or so had atleast 5-6 cars on it kind of hard to judge. He gave up after that and came back to try a fly by. I stopped his pull completely by 110 as I stated before. AWD blows from high rolls, see my sig, I should know. FYI 3957 lbs and 420 crank hp is not hard to pull away from above 100 mph in a car that weighs over 500lbs less. But as usual the LS1tech boys know best. Some of you should head to SVT performance as ignorance is prevalent on this board as well. And fyi S4's are slow as *****. My STI pissed all over them. So what you are saying is a more aerodynamic, car with 330rwhp and 340+rwtq which is right around 400 crank hp and about 400 tq and a weight around 3500 cant pull from a 420 hp and only 317tq AWD drive that weighs 3957 lbs. And for all of you smart guys if you factor in his drivetrain loss of about 20% for AWD cars he is putting down around 335rwhp and 255tq at the wheels. HP to weight wins races. Due to the fact that all of you have owned high hp awd drive cars im sure you all know how bad *** they are from high rolls. I think what you guys are failing to realize is this was not a dig race or 40 roll where awd is not a negative factor. It started at around 80+ both times def not a good race for him. From a slower roll like 30-40 or so it would have been pretty even I'm sure as in 3rd I did not pull that much back on him. 4th gear was the killer for him like I said above 105-110 and especially above 125 or so.

Last edited by big reg; 06-09-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

You guys are comical. I saw the car right next to me at about 3 feet away. It was light outside as well as it was only 8:15 or so at night. As far as how fast they are learn your **** before calling someone out. In 3rd I pulled very slowly and into the mid of 4th, I was catching him at a decent pace. In the upper part of 4th above 110 or so I started to pull very easily and like I said by 135 or so had atleast 5-6 cars on it kind of hard to judge. He gave up after that and came back to try a fly by. I stopped his pull completely by 110 as I stated before. AWD blows from high rolls, see my sig, I should know. FYI 3957 lbs and 420 crank hp is not hard to pull away from above 100 mph in a car that weighs over 500lbs less. But as usual the LS1tech boys know best. Some of you should head to SVT performance as ignorance is prevalent on this board as well. And fyi S4's are slow as *****. My STI pissed all over them. So what you are saying is a more aerodynamic, car with 330rwhp and 340+rwtq which is right around 400 crank hp and about 400 tq and a weight around 3500 cant pull from a 420 hp and only 317tq AWD drive that weighs 3957 lbs. And for all of you smart guys if you factor in his drivetrain loss of about 20% for AWD cars he is putting down around 335rwhp and 255tq at the wheels. HP to weight wins races. Due to the fact that all of you have owned high hp awd drive cars im sure you all know how bad *** they are from high rolls. I think what you guys are failing to realize is this was not a dig race or 40 roll where awd is not a negative factor. It started at around 80+ both times def not a good race for him. From a slower roll like 30-40 or so it would have been pretty even I'm sure as in 3rd I did not pull that much back on him. 4th gear was the killer for him like I said above 105-110.
i can see that you are gettin upset. maybe cuz you know you bullshit. i dont give a **** what you have owned or how badass your ride is. your stockish camaro didnt pull toatal of 14 car lengths on rs4 from high roll. it dont matter if that car was AWD/4x4 or RWD/FWD. you still couldnt have catched him. im pretty sure he let off and you flew by him.

you dont have enuff hp to pull that fast. why dont you go do some more research befo you BULLSHIT.

RS4 TOOK OFF SOONER and YOUR **** DOESNT HAVE ENUFF HP to MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. i think you are just a high school kid that doesnt know how to count the car lengths.

THINK ABOUT THIS FOR SEC. he was 6-7 cars front of you and took off befo you did.. then by the time you were in 4th gear you made up 14-15 CARS???
Old 06-09-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TX_SS
i can see that you are gettin upset. maybe cuz you know you bullshit. i dont give a **** what you have owned or how badass your ride is. your stockish camaro didnt pull toatal of 14 car lengths on rs4 from high roll. it dont matter if that car was AWD/4x4 or RWD/FWD. you still couldnt have catched him. im pretty sure he let off and you flew by him.

you dont have enuff hp to pull that fast. why dont you go do some more research befo you BULLSHIT.

RS4 TOOK OFF SOONER and YOUR **** DOESNT HAVE ENUFF HP to MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. i think you are just a high school kid that doesnt know how to count the car lengths.

THINK ABOUT THIS FOR SEC. he was 6-7 cars front of you and took off befo you did.. then by the time you were in 4th gear you made up 14-15 CARS???
Edited for the sheer fact I dont give a ****. I never realized a 335whp 255wtg 3957lb car was so unbeatable on LS1tech. All that matters is at the end of the day, I know my car is noticeably faster than an RS4 from a high roll. . And where are you getting he took off before me. I was at half throttle waiting to go full and hit it almost exactly as he did. As I said before Hp to weight FTMFW.

Last edited by big reg; 06-09-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Launching!

wow tx_ ss, there is no reason to down BIG RED this way, your getting way to pissed off over what? a story that you werent there for? i believe you big red, some of my good friends own awd audi's and sti's. and you have a good point, "your sig". so you have more credibility then tx_ss is giving you.

Rs4's are fast cars, but before calling him a bullshitter, why dont you think of the " the fact the the kid driving the car wasnt the best driver?"..or if his car is running 100% the way it should have been?. not trying to pick on anyone but hopefully this opens everyones eyes: i hang at the local dragstrip alot of nights, and have seen people on busa's run 12's to mercedes bi-turbos running 15's run after run...driver driver driver is what it boils down to..so yes this is a very posssible story.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

ps. its funny you call him a highschool kid, i clicked the profiles of the both of you..turns out he is older then you are!!. You should open a book once in a while, knowledge, won't hurt you brother. just keep your negativity to yourself.
Its one thing to argue point of views with someone, but you just went ape SH#T on this guy, bashing him and trying to humiliate him personally, which is F'ed up. But i guess thats just how bada$$ you are

Last edited by 1998Z20what?; 06-09-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Thank you sir, finally a voice of reason. If I had known someone would get so upset I beat a 3957lb tank with equal hp and less trq than me I would never have shared. I was just happy to finally get a good run with a fast car. The RS4 is an awesome car but 80-100+ roll races are not its strong suit. If my significant other would allow me to have a 7-800 lease payment I might go for it. But I enjoy my $325 payment for a car that is paid off in less than 2 yrs with a boat load of extra cash to live it up. Hell I sold the STI b/c I was sick of a 545 car payment with a 300 insurance payment at the age of 26. My insurance went down with the LS1 too, go figure.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

545 for a damn payment holy shi* and still high for insurance...how many tickets do you have lol
Old 06-09-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

like i said befo. HE LET OFF~! and you flew by him. then you think you put bus lengths on him.

i agree that driver makes all the difference but itz not that hard to race from a roll.

this isnt a drag race @ the strip where driver matters the most. itz roll races.

bottom line; you did a ricer fly by while you were tryin to catch up to him.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TX_SS
like i said befo. HE LET OFF~! and you flew by him. then you think you put bus lengths on him.

i agree that driver makes all the difference but itz not that hard to race from a roll.

this isnt a drag race @ the strip where driver matters the most. itz roll races.

bottom line; you did a ricer fly by while you were tryin to catch up to him.
Lmfao what a tool you are. 335 awhp cars that weight 3957 lbs are crazy fast. bottom line is 330rwhp 340rwtq in a 3500lb car is faster from a high roll than 335whp and 255wtq in a 3957 lb car. As for the ricer flyby you usually dont get a thumbs up and a nice car comment from someone after you pull a flyby on them. I have searched a lot of your posts and it seems you are a typical internet tough guy. Prob around 5'7" 135 or so but 250lbs behind a keyboard. You win chief. Im waiting for your response in regards to Hp to weight as well. But im sure you will respond with a retarded statement that barely resembles English as you have in most of your posts.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

driver doesnt matter once your doing a top end run or racing from a roll?? ya ok, say he could have went down an extra gear? say he shifts to early, misses..let it go bro..like i said you have tons of negativity. I read the story, and like i said there are many factors that could have taken place.

BIG REG, just drop it...homeboy is having a hard time making sense when he writes..makes me wonder what he understood from your story!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Lmfao what a tool you are. 335 awhp cars that weight 3957 lbs are crazy fast. bottom line is 330rwhp 340rwtq in a 3500lb car is faster from a high roll than 335whp and 255wtq in a 3957 lb car. As for the ricer flyby you usually dont get a thumbs up and a nice car comment from someone after you pull a flyby on them. I have searched a lot of your posts and it seems you are a typical internet tough guy. Prob around 5'7" 135 or so but 250lbs behind a keyboard. You win chief. Im waiting for your response in regards to Hp to weight as well. But im sure you will respond with a retarded statement that barely resembles English as you have in most of your posts.

hahah @ internet tough guy.. both of you guys are joke. a ****** who says he put 14 cars on NEW RS4 with stockish camaro and his butt buddy thinks that *** is tellin the truth.

LOL

guess you guys are right. DRIVER ERROR~!!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

This seems rather farfetched if all the details are told correctly.

Good kill if it happened.