Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone run a Mach-1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An acquaintance of mine in a Mach 1 raped the ever loving **** of me one time. He was stock, and I was stock. It was a 60mph roll. I was in a daily driver Jap STi. It wasn't pretty.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLAKE 01 WS6
good for you cuz that whistle wouldn't be enough
Oh stop your cryin' baby.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by svodave
Jeez, you really are a grade A Jackass. Quit typing so fast and think for a second. I originally posted here to share a couple experiences with Mach 1s. The Stang crowd quickly came back with "must've been a crappy driver blah, blah..." when right there in grey03s sig is 12.9 with 4.10s and DRs. Nobody in the races I mentioned had DRs. Do you get that? So if I run a 13.0 on street tires and you put grey03 on street tires who would win? His car isn't faster, his tires are better. Thats why you look at MPH. It takes more power to go 111 than 107. Do you get that? You remember when Hot Rod magazine compared the WRX STi to the Cobra? WRX had a faster ET. I guess you'd walk right past the Cobra and buy a WRX right? Sure the Cobra trapped about 8 mph faster but who cares? I spend 99.99 percent of my time on the street and that's where a mach 1 (so far at least) hasn't been a problem at all.
Seesh, you even brought in magazine's.

OK..how's this?...faster is NOT Quicker...QUICKER is ET's and is Drag racing. Not even going to comment on the other BS.....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Not true....you would win only in the 1320 catagory...I would win in looks, most girls attracted, reliability....and all with 430 RWHP.....

Smokey has NONE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
I'm down for the grudge race in the DFW area!
You're too slow.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Teching In

does every thread with the word mach in it have to get locked? instead of all this internet racing, why don't we just organize a LS1 vs Mach 1 grudge race at HRP? i'm in anyone else?
Look at da sig!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach1_Marauder
You're too slow.
damn! so where does that put you? jackstands?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mach1_Marauder

Smokey has NONE!!!!!!!!

LOL..no **** Bill..that is why I said it....
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by svodave
Jeez, you really are a grade A Jackass. Quit typing so fast and think for a second. I originally posted here to share a couple experiences with Mach 1s. The Stang crowd quickly came back with "must've been a crappy driver blah, blah..." when right there in grey03s sig is 12.9 with 4.10s and DRs. Nobody in the races I mentioned had DRs. Do you get that? So if I run a 13.0 on street tires and you put grey03 on street tires who would win? His car isn't faster, his tires are better. Thats why you look at MPH. It takes more power to go 111 than 107. Do you get that? You remember when Hot Rod magazine compared the WRX STi to the Cobra? WRX had a faster ET. I guess you'd walk right past the Cobra and buy a WRX right? Sure the Cobra trapped about 8 mph faster but who cares? I spend 99.99 percent of my time on the street and that's where a mach 1 (so far at least) hasn't been a problem at all.
11.62@ 119 mph 125 shot
12.50@ 109 mph N/A
My car is faster than your car. On street tires, my car is faster than your car. If you want to talk about racing on the street than lets do that. If me and you race on the street, from a dig, on street tires, I will outrun you=my car is faster than your car. Are you starting to understand? I am not just talking out of my ***. I will prove it to you, just ask me to meet you and we'll see.

I realize that Mach's and LS1's are very evenly matched cars. I'll even admit that the edge goes to the LS1. I'll also admit that morons trap is very impressive for a stock LS1. 111 mph is the highest stock LS1 I've ever heard of, however, if you had slicks or DR's then you'd probably would have ran 12.8 @ 108-109 mph. Trap speeds can also be deceiving. If you hook-up well at the line and cut a 1.6,1.7 60' your trap speed will be lower than if you boil the tires and muster a 2.1 60'.

Tired of typing, tired you avoiding my invites, what you doin tomorrow round 3pm? We can put this to rest.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
11.62@ 119 mph 125 shot
12.50@ 109 mph N/A
My car is faster than your car. On street tires, my car is faster than your car. If you want to talk about racing on the street than lets do that. If me and you race on the street, from a dig, on street tires, I will outrun you=my car is faster than your car. Are you starting to understand? I am not just talking out of my ***. I will prove it to you, just ask me to meet you and we'll see.

Tired of typing, tired you avoiding my invites, what you doin tomorrow round 3pm? We can put this to rest.
How do you KNOW your car is faster on street tires? Just because you say it's so? Tomorrow at 3 I'll be here in Houston. Looks like rain in the forecast so that's up to you. Let me know.

I'm avoiding invites to Lake Charles because it's 150 mi away. I haven't been back to Baytown in 2 yrs because the long drive. Where are you? Baton Rouge?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

11.62@ 119 mph 125 shot
12.50@ 109 mph N/A

I realize that Mach's and LS1's are very evenly matched cars. I'll even admit that the edge goes to the LS1. I'll also admit that morons trap is very impressive for a stock LS1. 111 mph is the highest stock LS1 I've ever heard of, however, if you had slicks or DR's then you'd probably would have ran 12.8 @ 108-109 mph. Trap speeds can also be deceiving. If you hook-up well at the line and cut a 1.6,1.7 60' your trap speed will be lower than if you boil the tires and muster a 2.1 60'.

why do mach's with full bolt on's and a drag gear + SLICKS always try to pick on ls1's that have fewer mods, radials and stock gear

btw it's raining cats and dogs in h-town right now....

Last edited by BLAKE 01 WS6; 07-15-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

why do mach's with full bolt on's and a drag gear + SLICKS always try to pick on ls1's that have fewer mods, radials and stock gear

btw it's raining cats and dogs in h-town right now....
Because he is arrogant,cocky and unbeatable....

Why do you care? Does this involve you? Did your name get mentioned? Birds on a feather, flock together...thats so sweet of you to stick up for him. A couple of brand loyal brothers
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Why do you care? Does this involve you? Did your name get mentioned? Birds on a feather, flock together...thats so sweet of you to stick up for him. A couple of brand loyal brothers
why don't your smartass run me them
talk about brand loyal you aint nothing but a mach ******* rider
why didn't you answer when i suggested a ls1 vs mach race, instead you want to call out some lid only guy???

Last edited by BLAKE 01 WS6; 07-15-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

11.62@ 119 mph 125 shot
12.50@ 109 mph N/A

your car vs a lid only ls proves one thing, that whoever spends the most $$ goes the fastest. if you want to prove something beat a car at the same level as yours. take that smach juan attitude back over to mach1registry where a n/a mid 12 car is fast
Old 07-15-2007, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, relax, look where u are, OFCOURSE he is gonna get stuck up for, wouldnt u stick up for another mustang guy on a MUSTANG site if an f-body guy was ranting? Not pickin sides just observing.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Teching In

personally i will race any ls1 that wants to race. worst thing that may happen is that i will lose. personally i love the ls1 cars, i have said it a million times. There is only one replacement for displacement, and thats $$$$. And i have a good bit of that in my car.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
personally i will race any ls1 that wants to race. worst thing that may happen is that i will lose. personally i love the ls1 cars, i have said it a million times. There is only one replacement for displacement, and thats $$$$. And i have a good bit of that in my car.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

why don't your smartass run me them
talk about brand loyal you aint nothing but a mach ******* rider
why didn't you answer when i suggested a ls1 vs mach race, instead you want to call out some lid only guy???
OK lets race. Matter of fact, anybody else that wants to race is also invited. Make a day of it. I could care less because thats not why I called him out. Like Mach1Mustang stated, the worst that will happen is I'll lose. Svodave will not beat me. I've been outrun plenty of times and have owned F-bodies,M3's,RX7's,mustangs. I'm not picking on the lid only LS1. It's his attitude I have a problem with. If I was slower than him then I would have stayed quiet but...

Where's this race you speak of? Probably 3 states away.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

That sounds like an invite to me.Will Blake race him or will he chicken out...stay tuned...only time will tell!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

mach1mustang...what do you have done to your car? You know where greensboro is i am sure that a ls1 guy in the club will have about the same mods as you. Come by and ask for a run. I will tape it and put it on here. I think it would be interesting to see which cars respond to the same types of mods better. I do believe myself that it is a drivers race though if stock vs stock.

Quick Reply: Anyone run a Mach-1 ?