Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Eclipse.... I know

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
No funny games just a simple question. The only 4G eclipse I know of in AZ that is turbo charged has a full on custom paint job and a big *** stereo. IE ugle and ricey. I was wondering if that was the car you raced, it obviosly wasn't the car or even the same generation Eclipse.

Yeah, I dont think its the same year as the car in the OPs story.I posted the video with him on 14psi(stock turbo)convertible.At least I hope its a stock turbo with boltons cause hes wasting his money.My slowass Z28 walked him good everytime we raced.He would spool very quickly(i.e small turbo)and then once my car hit the powerband it was over.
I didnt mean to come off as a jerk,if I did.I cant remember the year......I wanna say its 97ish.I told him to get a gt-30 or a t3/to4.A friend with a Skittle got the t3/t04 and now hes out of my reach.I used to take him hard on the dig and hang from a roll.But now I need to mod.

Last edited by six_string_wiz; 07-02-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ran into one of them once on the highway. i put about 4 cars on him in a 60-90 pull, and that's giving him the hit. they're not...very strong...
Old 07-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i ran into one of them once on the highway. i put about 4 cars on him in a 60-90 pull, and that's giving him the hit. they're not...very strong...

Same here. A couple times.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Yeah, I dont think its the same year as the car in the OPs story.I posted the video with him on 14psi(stock turbo)convertible.At least I hope its a stock turbo with boltons cause hes wasting his money.My slowass Z28 walked him good everytime we raced.He would spool very quickly(i.e small turbo)and then once my car hit the powerband it was over.
I didnt mean to come off as a jerk,if I did.I cant remember the year......I wanna say its 97ish.I told him to get a gt-30 or a t3/to4.A friend with a Skittle got the t3/t04 and now hes out of my reach.I used to take him hard on the dig and hang from a roll.But now I need to mod.
No big deal I understood what you were getting at. I would also assume he was on the stock turbo they are pretty pathetic and run out of steam quick.

DSM can be an unknown. I'll admit most are not very fast, but the clean ones tend to be a surprise.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MikeD101898
So you're saying that it wouldn't be a race between an Eclipse, and a 1000hp Supra (mine for example), in the Eclipse's favor? Please tell me I misread that.

So...what does your '1000HP Supra' run at the track? 12's?

Yeah...I know. That's a dated punchline but I had to use it due to your tag line above.

So your T88 Supra puts 1000 to the wheels? That's what I and many others consider a '1000HP' car. Power where it matters...at the wheels. Curious...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeD101898
What? Can anybody make sense of either of his statements?

It was a little joke. Poking fun and what not. Not the smiley. Gawd, you make a joke then get all serious and pissed off when somebody responds in kind?

Pretty typical Supra owner 'I'm the shiznit' mentality actually.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

DSM can be an unknown. I'll admit most are not very fast, but the clean ones tend to be a surprise.
you arent lying about that one...ask me how i know.......
Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sparetire
It was a little joke. Poking fun and what not. Not the smiley. Gawd, you make a joke then get all serious and pissed off when somebody responds in kind?

Maybe so, but he is still quite a bit better, and more reasonable, than most of the Poopra owners on the old LS1.com site/kill forum (about 6-7 years ago, or so). Now those were some SMUG, POMPOUS, BOMBASTIC, and UPPITY AZZHATS with the absolute WORST "superiority complexes" I've ever seen!! I'm not sure if any of them transferred over here to tech or not with different usernames, but I hope NOT!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SStheBest
you arent lying about that one...ask me how i know.......

Ahhhh, the unsuspecting DSM. Probably just looked like it had exhaust and a frount mount, most likely on stock wheels as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this one was NA. no turbo. i'm serious when i say no NA eclipse with the stock motor has EVER surprised anyone, unless it was in the form of "WOW! i can't believe they're that slow!"
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Teching In

this one was NA. no turbo. i'm serious when i say no NA eclipse with the stock motor has EVER surprised anyone, unless it was in the form of "WOW! i can't believe they're that slow!"
lol, just a misunderstanding then, most of us don't really consider the NA's to be dsm's.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Ahhhh, that makes a huge difference. They are like the retarded step brother we all hate, but have to live with.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sparetire

No I understand that, just didn't see where it was going/get it I guess. I don't get pissed very easily, just kind of like to ride out these things and see where they go

I'm a domestic fan by heart, but die hard Supra fan by my right foot
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

the new eclipses r decently fast soupposed to run 14 flats so something but a stock one took my friends 02 gt w/ CAI, mid-pipe, catback, and 3.73s so id say that thing runs decently well
Old 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow1999blackz28
the new eclipses r decently fast soupposed to run 14 flats so something but a stock one took my friends 02 gt w/ CAI, mid-pipe, catback, and 3.73s so id say that thing runs decently well
This quote was originally about the F-22, but I'll change it a little to put things into perspective.

“The only way a 4th gen Eclipse is going to get in there and kill a Mustang or LS1, is if the Eclipse has a driver with 3,000+ hours, and the other driver is fresh from Driver's Ed training. Also, it would have to be 2 on 1. And the LS1 or Mustang driver had to have drunk the whole night before. And he drank during the race. Also he passed out.”
This does not apply towards 1st or 2nd gen turbo DSMs, obviously. Here's the original quote.

“The only way an F-15 eagle is going to get in there and kill an F-22 Raptor, is if the Eagle has a driver with 3,000+ hours, and the raptor driver is fresh from HOT training. Also, it would have to be 2 on 1. And the raptor driver had to have drunk the whole night before. And he drank during the flight. Also he passed out.”
Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Launching!

I hate the truth sometimes, but every Eclipse after 1999 is a POS IMHO. Heavy. FWD. NA. Still low displacement. Crap styling. Expensive. You could get a GT or Turbo Sky/Solstice or even base WRX for what you pay for a V6 Eclipse anymore.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
lol, just a misunderstanding then, most of us don't really consider the NA's to be dsm's.
So a V6 Camaro isn't an F-Body??

You can't be serious...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
So a V6 Camaro isn't an F-Body??

You can't be serious...

Yes, he is serious. Yes, they are technically DSM's, but when 99% of people refer to a DSM they are talking about the cars eqiuped with a 4G63T not the 4G63 or 420A. It is the same when many people talk about F bodies. I honestly don't know any one that refers to a V6 Camaro or Firebird as an F body. The main reason is that anyone in the know enough to refer to Camaros and Firebirds as F bodies are enthusiast that want to go fast so they go straight for the V8 version not the V6. Sure some enthusiast will buy a V6 are refer to it that way, but they are NOT the majority. This is the same way with the DSM community.

No need to try and pick him apart for a technicality because you don't like him, when it is obvious he was joking. Next you will correct me if I say my Galant VR4 is a DSM.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

there are like 10 DSMs on the planet that are really fast, a quarter million that could be fast but are broken, and the rest are slow as hell.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
there are like 10 DSMs on the planet that are really fast, a quarter million that could be fast but are broken, and the rest are slow as hell.
Thats a pretty dumb statement, 1g 6-bolt awd dsms are pretty freakin indestructible. Around here they own pretty much everyone on the street( yes, even the 1,000hp supras), with $1k in em they will do consistent 12s and pull a 1.6 60' on the street. All Eclipses after 99 suck, and 2gs(95-99) technically arent dsm cars considering dsm disbanded in 94. The reason dsms have a bad name is because 2g engines all crankwalk and blow up.