Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Eclipse.... I know

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disclaimer-
The previous post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Capn Smokey and his affiliates, in other words; Do not flame me for that.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
there are like 10 DSMs on the planet that are really fast, a quarter million that could be fast but are broken, and the rest are slow as hell.
F bodys get bad gas milage, pushrods are old technology that doesn't work well. We now have somethign in common, we can generalize and be wrong at the same time. Awesome

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Thats a pretty dumb statement
So is this.

The reason dsms have a bad name is because 2g engines all crankwalk and blow up.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disclaimer-
The previous post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Capn Smokey and his affiliates, in other words; Do not flame me for that.
Glad you threw that in there. I was at PINKS all-out June 9th at MIR...Of all the DSMs, RX7s and EVOs there, only 2 made a full pass without breaking. One EVO ran a 14 something and one RX7 ran (pretty impressive) high 10s without breaking. It became a joke among the big 3 domestic drivers about how far one would get down the track before breaking....most broke on the line.

By the way, there were 400 cars running.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Uhhh, boostedinaz you wanna correct me on the topic of crankwalk? Dont tell me its a dumb statement and not tell me why.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Uhhh, boostedinaz you wanna correct me on the topic of crankwalk? Dont tell me its a dumb statement and not tell me why.
Might be because it was only a very small number of motors that actually got crankwalk, and you indicated it was just about ALL of them that got it.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Apparently there are some fast eclipses out there, I just haven't found any yet
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
Kinda like Bigfoot.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
And if you ask my wife, maybe there are some Fbodies out there that dont look like cockroach cars.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Will do.

Most people simply here the words "2G DSM" and the first thing that comes out there mouth is "watch out for crankwalk" and I am willing to bet none of them know what CW is nor how to diagnose it. On top of that a very small amount of cars actually suffer from this, but like mentioned above it is an easy scape goat for anything that happens to a 7 bolt motor.

Ask anyone that claims to have had a 7 bolt crankwalk and ask them what the crank end play was and 95% of them will have no idea, yet they have magically diagnosed the problem as crankwalk.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by XakEp
And if you ask my wife, maybe there are some Fbodies out there that dont look like cockroach cars.

She might change her mind when that "cockroach" blows up her skirt real nice as it passes the eclipse.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
She might change her mind when that "cockroach" blows up her skirt real nice as it passes the eclipse.
Seeing as she's the one driving the eclipse, thats pretty unlikely. Most of the fbodies around here are heaps of ****.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by XakEp
Seeing as she's the one driving the eclipse, thats pretty unlikely. Most of the fbodies around here are heaps of ****.
Better keep your eye on her.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

I once beat an eclipse convertible in my 4.0L jeep with 190k miles. Fart can and all.

Asked another eclipse to race and he said "I only race for pinks." A GSX with carbon fiber hood, fart can, altezzas, and purple wire loom all over the engine bay. Someone else did all of the "engine and suspension work" to it, come to find it it was Mitsubitchy when they put the car together. Yep, stock.

I did race one in my Z, after putting buslengths on him at half throttle he said he was going home to get his motorcycle. An old 600. Told him to get it, and he declined.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I once beat an eclipse convertible in my 4.0L jeep with 190k miles.
You know, last year a couple of rednecks tried to race me/block me out of a lane in an old jeep, just after I put the new 63mm turbo on.

Yeah. I was laughing pretty hard after I put about a half mile on him.

Better keep your eye on her.
Sorry to dissapoint, but our relationship isnt based on how fast the car is, not really worried about that.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Most DSMs with rice on them are slow. Most that look very clean and very stock are decent/fast. Its true of most cars actually. I see so many Altezza-ed V6 Mustangs around here....

Sadly, most DSMers who run around on the street and race a alot fall into the Altezza catagory.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

A select few in a crowd will be judged as the crowd. Happens all the time. If your so against getting ragged on a LS1 site go to your DSM site. Maybe there you will be treated like the god you wish to be. But here, you will remain one of the crowd and be judged as rice.

Thank you and drive thru.

And by the way, I am sure I will be beat by rice in the future, but until that happens, me and my stock LS1 will talk as much **** as I can back up.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Launching!

^He has been here longer than you. You dont speak for the whole site. Sounds like your an indvidual who wishes to be though of as the whole group. Ironic really.

I dont see much ragging in here personally.

And just from the tone, you seem more butt-hurt than anyone else.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
A select few in a crowd will be judged as the crowd. Happens all the time. If your so against getting ragged on a LS1 site go to your DSM site. Maybe there you will be treated like the god you wish to be. But here, you will remain one of the crowd and be judged as rice.

And by the way, I am sure I will be beat by rice in the future, but until that happens, me and my stock LS1 will talk as much **** as I can back up.
Just so you know, LS1tech is known as having about the best kill section around. Know why? Because there are people here who drive something other than an LS1 powered car and can provide input on a vehicle other than an Fbody.

We're all LS1 enthusiasts here, we just dont all own one.

And if you think someone with a stock LS1 can talk **** to me... Hell, thats just funny as ****.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by twizted_creations

Old 07-07-2007, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Then it must seem that your posts got me confused. But the statment is the same... MOST are built shitty, by silly little highschool ricers. I understand there are quick ones out there, but it seems like you guys were getting in a pissing contest over nothing. My wife this, your wife that. Bigfoot, cockroach!... Cmon.

Cars, in my book, go right along with women and politics. To those that are passionate they cause just about as many fights.

If you all were just razzing eachother in good fun, then my bad.

As for wanting to be judged as the whole group. It happens to just about all of us. Wanting it or not. I am definately not one of the norm. I am an LS1 Newb, here learning what I can do to make my car faster... All I said is if you want people to bow to your DSM or whatever your nic is for it, then you would be better off on a different website.

And yes, stock I can talk ****. You know why, because in my opinion I would rather push my WS6 home than drive a gokart.