Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Eclipse.... I know

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XakEp
What, does making an Fbody a 10 second car suddenly make them utterly useless for daily driving? Think before you post.
Yea, because everyone drives 10 second cars as DD's

Sure you could do it, but its not practical at all. "Highly modified" can mean anything, a "Highly modified" Honda could be running 15's, a "highly modified" Muscle car could be running 8's. Nobody really cares what your personal definition of "highly modified" is. Think before you post.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Yea, because everyone drives 10 second cars as DD's

Sure you could do it, but its not practical at all. "Highly modified" can mean anything, a "Highly modified" Honda could be running 15's, a "highly modified" Muscle car could be running 8's. Nobody really cares what your personal definition of "highly modified" is. Think before you post.
Hey jackass - my definition of "Highly Modified" is what matters in this context, because I was asked what my definition was. See, this is what happens when you jump into a conversation between two other people and dont ******* read the whole thread, you end up looking stupid.

GTFO of this thread you ******* and post a banme already.

Just in case you missed it you illiterate bastard child

Originally Posted by GMmexican
what do you consider highly modified? cam only and bolt ons is an 11 second car, every part of the country has its fast f-bodys just check the regional sections
Seeing as bolt ons will get an LS1 into the 11s, it doesnt seem too far out of line to call 10s or faster highly modified. However, the more important question is why the **** you're bitching about what is or is not practical when it comes to driving a car purposefully modified to driving fast WHEN YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY OWN A ******* CAR YOURSELF.

Seriously, just kill yourself.

Last edited by XakEp; 07-11-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Teching In

See, this is what happens when you jump into a conversation between two other people and dont ******* read the whole thread, you end up looking stupid.
Wouldn't matter if he did read the whole thread.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey jackass - my definition of "Highly Modified" is what matters in this context, because I was asked what my definition was. See, this is what happens when you jump into a conversation between two other people and dont ******* read the whole thread, you end up looking stupid.

GTFO of this thread you ******* and post a banme already.

Just in case you missed it you illiterate bastard child

Seeing as bolt ons will get an LS1 into the 11s, it doesnt seem too far out of line to call 10s or faster highly modified. However, the more important question is why the **** you're bitching about what is or is not practical when it comes to driving a car purposefully modified to driving fast WHEN YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY OWN A ******* CAR YOURSELF.

Seriously, just kill yourself.
Perhaps you should read this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/673870-street-racing-kill-stories-rules-please-read.html

Rule number one states as follows:

General Rules

1. Absolutely no mindless flamewars. We encourage you to speak your mind
and debate points. However, your arguements must be stated in a mature
manner

Call me crazy but I don't see anything that resembles "mature" in your post. Mindless flamewar seems to fit pretty good though. And telling someone to kill themself is really out of line IMO. Life is too short and too precious.

You can't come to LS1tech and expect people not to defend the F-body. Just like I couldn't go to Stangnet and expect them not to defend Mustangs. I think this is the best kill story section on the internet and I'm proud to be a member here. If you feel the same way then perhaps you should tone it down a notch. I've seen a lot of people get banned for excessive personal attacks.

Have a nice day
Old 07-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by darrensls1

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673870

General Rules

manner

Call me crazy but I don't see anything that resembles "mature" in your post. Mindless flamewar seems to fit pretty good though. And telling someone to kill themself is really out of line IMO. Life is too short and too precious.

You can't come to LS1tech and expect people not to defend the F-body. Just like I couldn't go to Stangnet and expect them not to defend Mustangs. I think this is the best kill story section on the internet and I'm proud to be a member here. If you feel the same way then perhaps you should tone it down a notch. I've seen a lot of people get banned for excessive personal attacks.

Have a nice day
I think you need to apply this little speech a bit more evenly. That and get a better sense of the context here. The other guy trolls this place starting flame wars more than any other single member, and has been banned about 5 times for it.

He actually attacked LS1s too for that matter, saying that they can not be 10 second capable DDs, which is ignorant in the extreme. A basic cam/spray/bolt-ons car can hit 10s on most tracks and DAs. Nothing about that means its not DDable.

IIRC he has told people to kill themselfs and all the other standard stuff countless times.

I suggest if this really bothers you you should go to the other sections. That and leave moderating to the mods. The "mindless flame war" rule is pretty much as effective as the "no what-if thread" rule here. That is to say, its not.

I totaly hear what you are saying, but its mis-placed.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Banned

General Rules

manner

Have a nice day
Apparently you havent read the thread either. Where did I belittle Fbodies? Since when is saying that I consider a 10 second LS1 highly modified to be an insult? You did know that ONEBADASSWS6 has been banned repeatedly for doing exactly what you're bitching about, right?

What the hell, did the average IQ on here drop 50 points or something?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

General Rules

manner

Have a nice day

The guy he is responding to is one of "those guys" that has been banned more than a few times for stupid ****. It has been an ongoing thing and will probably never stop. The frustrating thing is that ONELAMEASSWS6 will do just what he did here, he will grab one or two lines of text and make all kinds of comments about it without taking into account context or previous questions asked. He then STARTS a flame fest EVERY time. Unfortunatly XakEp is just venting his, and others as well, frustrations because ONELAMEASSWS6 can not read, comprehend what was written, and then respond in a mature manner himself.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sparetire
I suggest if this really bothers you you should go to the other sections. That and leave moderating to the mods. The "mindless flame war" rule is pretty much as effective as the "no what-if thread" rule here. That is to say, its not.

I totaly hear what you are saying, but its mis-placed.
I disagree with the mispalcement of this. While there are instances where people get away with "what if" threads and "personal attacks" there are also instances where people do not. Considering the post I quouted was exceptional in the use of personal attacks I felt my comments were just fine.

Trying to help someone not get banned is never mis-placed.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Apparently you havent read the thread either.
Actally I did.

Where did I belittle Fbodies?
These two comments didn't exactly paint a flattering picture.

And if you ask my wife, maybe there are some Fbodies out there that dont look like cockroach cars.
Most of the fbodies around here are heaps of ****.
But you are entitled to your opinion.

Since when is saying that I consider a 10 second LS1 highly modified to be an insult? You did know that ONEBADASSWS6 has been banned repeatedly for doing exactly what you're bitching about, right?
I'm not saying you were not provoked. I'm just saying that the last post was on the verge of "brutal". You've obviously been a member here for awhile so I don't see you as a troll. But telling people to kill themselves is a bit much.

What the hell, did the average IQ on here drop 50 points or something?
The average IQ drops just by entering the kill section But it's still fun.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

Its like arguing with the wind. Go somewhere else your do-gooder attitude will actually do some good. ONEBADASSWS6 is a lost cause and waste of humanity, esp if you read his posting history.

There are people on the Internet that will defend Pedophilia and rape. I'm not suprised there's someone who will defend ONEBADASSWS6.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Teching In

^
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Its like arguing with the wind. Go somewhere else your do-gooder attitude will actually do some good. ONEBADASSWS6 is a lost cause and waste of humanity, esp if you read his posting history.

There are people on the Internet that will defend Pedophilia and rape. I'm not suprised there's someone who will defend ONEBADASSWS6.
I think you have this all wrong. I was never defending ONEBADASSWS6. I have been here a very long time so I know his history and do not agree with nor support 90% of what he posts. And for the record, comparing my comments to Pedophilia and rape is in extremly bad taste.

Make fun of me all you like. But I didn't tell people to kill themselves or compare people whom I have never met to rapists.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

I think you have this all wrong. I was never defending ONEBADASSWS6. I have been here a very long time so I know his history and do not agree with nor support 90% of what he posts. And for the record, comparing my comments to Pedophilia and rape is in extremly bad taste.

Make fun of me all you like. But I didn't tell people to kill themselves or compare people whom I have never met to rapists.
You have had less to add to the discussion than he has. Dont come in here and ******* whine about rules if youre not a mod. Congrats, all you've managed to do is further derail this thread.

GTFO
Old 07-11-2007, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

You have had less to add to the discussion than he has. Dont come in here and ******* whine about rules if youre not a mod. Congrats, all you've managed to do is further derail this thread.

GTFO
I don't see a discussion. I see a flamefest. Derailing that was a good thing IMO. If you want me to add something to a discussion then by all means start one. I would be happy to discuss LS1 related topics with you in a mature and civilized manor.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

I don't see a discussion. I see a flamefest. Derailing that was a good thing IMO. If you want me to add something to a discussion then by all means start one. I would be happy to discuss LS1 related topics with you in a mature and civilized manor.
Go back before ****-for-brains with a WS6 posted and you'd see a discussion. Now why dont you and your "Holier than thou" attitude go outside and play "Hide and go **** yourself", hrmmm?

YOU ARE NOT A MOD, DO NOT COME INTO A THREAD ABOUT ECLIPSES AND POINT OUT SOMEONE IS FLAMING IF YOU ARENT GOING TO SAY A ******* THING ABOUT THE THREAD'S OP.

Jackass.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about those eclipses..... srsly u guys......srsly...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
How about those eclipses..... srsly u guys......srsly...
Slowest things on the face of the earth I tell ya...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Go back before ****-for-brains with a WS6 posted and you'd see a discussion. Now why dont you and your "Holier than thou" attitude go outside and play "Hide and go **** yourself", hrmmm?

YOU ARE NOT A MOD, DO NOT COME INTO A THREAD ABOUT ECLIPSES AND POINT OUT SOMEONE IS FLAMING IF YOU ARENT GOING TO SAY A ******* THING ABOUT THE THREAD'S OP.

Jackass.
See this is exactly what I was talking about. You don't need to be a moderator to give someone friendly advice about ls1techs rules. You do need to be a moderator to enforce those rules which clearly I am not. So now that we got that cleared up lets move on.

In all that ranting, profanity, name calling and poor grammar I did see one very valid point. You are right that I should have given props to the OP. Let me correct that right now.

trey1010,

Good kill on the Eclipse.

Now if you would like to discuss a topic such as the 10 second LS1's and whether or not they are streetable XakEp, then I would be happy to do so. But again, it would be nice to do it in a more mature manor then what you demonstrated in the above post.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

I dont want to engage you in a discussion, go get AIDS. Backseat modding is a bannable offence pretty much everywhere else I post. Its rude and unneccesary.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

I dont want to engage you in a discussion, go get AIDS. Backseat modding is a bannable offence pretty much everywhere else I post. Its rude and unneccesary.
Telling someone to commit suicide or get AIDS is what's rude and unneccesary. I'm sorry you feel this way. I have a lot of knowledge on 10 second LS1 setups which could have lead to an interesting discussion.

I won't lower myself to offer you any insults or wish you any harm. Instead I will just say good luck.

Good luck to you XakEp.