Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with all due respect,I call BS on any and all ricer comments,but welcome you here with your undoubtly fast car.
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Im a roll racer myself, the drag strip is for big tire stalled autos.

Or for people that know how to drive?
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
What doesnt make sense ot me is the 675 hp GTO that cant catch you but the (I think stock) Z06 you ran about even with. A 675 hp GTO would rape a stock Z06.

Oh and dont mind these guys here. I had a close to 700 hp SS I would race from a dig because it was pointless. I would run folks from about 40, but that was still pointless alot of time. It trapped over 130 mph not able to really hit it until top of second.
Good question...... Even though some people give me crap for it..... but I like to keep the boost level to where it will be a fair race no matter what car I run. The lowest I can go without changing springs is 470whp.... If you are less then that I can't help you. Unlike most people... I don't think rapeing someone is fun unless the guy is a dick.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Good question...... Even though some people give me crap for it..... but I like to keep the boost level to where it will be a fair race no matter what car I run. The lowest I can go without changing springs is 470whp.... If you are less then that I can't help you. Unlike most people... I don't think rapeing someone is fun unless the guy is a dick.
Most raping is performed with a

See....we're funny too!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
The one thing gsrhunter has on all the little trolls is proof of his ride against real fast cars.

+1 ok in my book.Considering he drives a 4 door integra,I suggest he buy a flame-resistent suit.Posting up on Tech means its a roast for this cat.

He does have legit footage.
Hopefully one day I can get some footage of my lingenfelter C6 Z06 beating up on a supra and I can take off my flame retardant suit and get some kudos from you fools!!!! LOL but until then..................

Last edited by gsrhunter; 07-23-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Ill drink to that!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

roll racing will never be a legitimate sport because ultimately anyone can press the go button. theres nothing that can make or break your performance so tremendously like a 60' foot time. its much harder to cut a good 60' foot time than to not miss a shift from a roll.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dgr00s
roll racing will never be a legitimate sport because ultimately anyone can press the go button. theres nothing that can make or break your performance so tremendously like a 60' foot time. its much harder to cut a good 60' foot time than to not miss a shift from a roll.
Your logic is totally correct with normal cars..... but high hp cars are a whole different ballgame. If I were really really rich and didn't mind watching someone crash my integra..... as well as risk thier life.... I'd bet that 99% of the guys on this forum couldn't drive my car on full boost bridge to bridge. Even from 70 let alone anything below that. Even the guys with 9 sec cars.

FWD is a different animal. Have you ever seen a rwd car wheelie and then start walking around because the tires are catching traction at different intervals. Thats kinda how a high hp fwd car always feels..... except you still have a little control of whats going on. I bet if you didn't bitch out and let off.... you would crash!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Your logic is totally correct with normal cars..... but high hp cars are a whole different ballgame. If I were really really rich and didn't mind watching someone crash my integra..... as well as risk thier life.... I'd bet that 99% of the guys on this forum couldn't drive my car on full boost bridge to bridge. Even from 70 let alone anything below that. Even the guys with 9 sec cars.

FWD is a different animal. Have you ever seen a rwd car wheelie and then start walking around because the tires are catching traction at different intervals. Thats kinda how a high hp fwd car always feels..... except you still have a little control of whats going on. I bet if you didn't bitch out and let off.... you would crash!!!
I still don't understand the 70mph punches...is is because of traction or so you'll have an easier time spooling a 700+whp capable turbo on a 4-banger?
What kind/size tires are you running?

And I roll race too. Mainly to keep from breaking stuff. The track is still fun for when you want #'s.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Gsrhunter....Ive stuck up for you in the past when hicks made fun of you just because you had a import..

I like the car, but you should make the thread sound a lil less kiddy ish thats all

And im sure its not that hard to drive from a roll on and bitch out like you stated..Some guys are pulling the wheels and draging bumpers with no wheel bars..on here
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

So why dont you put on a 28inch slick and stop running around on street tires?

Or a MT...

Cut the fender a lil bit if you have clearance problems
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to go too far off topic here, but maybe gsrhunter could shed some light on something I've been wondering. I work with a guy that says he has a 650 AWHP civic hatch, with the drivetrain mostly out of a CRV, and supposedly runs 10's. Does this sound possible or likely? He seems to know what the hell hes talking about but honda stuff is all greek to me. Also, good runs with the vette, it was probobly way more fun than reading everyone bitch about the 70mph roll deal.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Like that race spot
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wsroberts
I still don't understand the 70mph punches...is is because of traction or so you'll have an easier time spooling a 700+whp capable turbo on a 4-banger?
What kind/size tires are you running?

And I roll race too. Mainly to keep from breaking stuff. The track is still fun for when you want #'s.
Its for two reasons..... I get a little traction and i'm more in my powerband. The lower speed I start from the less I'm in the band. If I start in 2nd its bye bye tires. Boost is not a broblem because I brake boost so I'm spooling no matter what speed I start from.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Not to go too far off topic here, but maybe gsrhunter could shed some light on something I've been wondering. I work with a guy that says he has a 650 AWHP civic hatch, with the drivetrain mostly out of a CRV, and supposedly runs 10's. Does this sound possible or likely? He seems to know what the hell hes talking about but honda stuff is all greek to me. Also, good runs with the vette, it was probobly way more fun than reading everyone bitch about the 70mph roll deal.
I'm sure with enough money anything is possible.... but I haven't heard about it!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Launching!

WTF???An all wheel hatch?Maybe.........^^^I agree
Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Its for two reasons..... I get a little traction and i'm more in my powerband. The lower speed I start from the less I'm in the band. If I start in 2nd its bye bye tires. Boost is not a broblem because I brake boost so I'm spooling no matter what speed I start from.
So if your only problem is traction, why don't you run better tires?

These are what I use, and I hook up just fine from the low rolls.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...ETStreetRadial
Old 07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Theres been only a handful of awd converted hondas....Ive scene two tegs..

They used hyberd CRV drive train, and other things, def not a easy swap what so ever..

And they were making anywere near 650whp...

They had respectable power numbers, and were not setup for drag racing..

gsrhunter why the hell arent you on a damn slick?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

I've owned an integra, such a fun ride... i can only imagine what it'd be like with 500hp...jesus...

Are you in or around Vegas?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slick1851
Gsrhunter....Ive stuck up for you in the past when hicks made fun of you just because you had a import..

I like the car, but you should make the thread sound a lil less kiddy ish thats all

And im sure its not that hard to drive from a roll on and bitch out like you stated..Some guys are pulling the wheels and draging bumpers with no wheel bars..on here
Thanks for sticking up for me.... but remember I have my flame retardant suit that keeps me fairly safe I hafta be honest though... I'm not sure how I sound kiddy or how not to sound kiddy for that matter. I try to be cool with everyone.... answer thier questions.... and get rid of any concerns they may have that something I've said isn't true.

I love it on here, because aside from the occasional flame thrower most peeps just try to get me to see why ls motors rule. Little do they know that I already agree with them... I just talk about my teg because right now its all I've got and I still love it. I guess I could talk about my escalade.... it does have over 400hp and 400#'s tq LOL