Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Am I the only wierd one that would go from 70 if I had to?
Prob couldnt hit 170, but I'd get there quick
Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slick1851
Im currently looking to do sleeper...and everyone and there mothers say hondas are slow..and apperantly its brain washed people..

I might pick up a 4 door 96 civic...redo the paint, just a nice stock paint job, rims some sus...and leave it like that..

Somthing cleans that can sneak the **** up on people

If you want a sleeper just take any fast car and put clear tailzzzz on it and huge wing and all. Seriously. Sad fact is that those are the cars that everyone knows are slow now. You could do it with an A4. So a single 4 inch exhaust to a cutout with some titanium type xzy muffler on a 2 inch catback.

Nice way to hide the stalled auto 200 shot 408 with a kinda stealthy cam. they wopuld figure the wheels and tires were just another stupid show mod

God that would be funny. If you talk a lot about how bad *** your 3.8 is with better HP/L than the LS1 nobody will even bother to look under the hood at a dig spot even.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Anyone that races to and above 150mph on public streets is an idiot.
I fixed it for ya.

the ONLY reason people roll race is because their car can't launch, period. I hate when people use the fact that their car is FWD as an excuse. there are plenty of FWD guys who can hook with more then 700whp. its all in the setup and it takes alot of practice but it can be done.

the reality is that a turbo FWD stick car is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest car to get out of the hole. been there and done that already. I've been racing FWD cars for almost a decade so I know what I'm talking about. Racing from a roll is the easy way out, it takes zero skill and gets no respect in my book.

I don't give a **** what a car can beat on the street, especially from a roll where there are SO many variables involved. Anyone who has spent any amount of time at the drag strip will tell you that the one who reaches the finish line first isn't always the quickest car. I've beaten people out of the hole, and reached the finish line first, but still ran a slower ET then the car in the next lane. On the street that would look like a win when in reality it wasn't. A timeslips does not lie but your eyes do.

The standing 1/4 mile has always been the benchmark for performance cars. If you want to compare your car to another thats how you do it, not from a roll race and not from a dyno sheet. the bottom line is that if you want to have a fast car you're going to have to go to the track and learn to drive it, sorry but there is no short cut or easy way around it.

ok, I'm done ranting, I know this is the kill section but I just had to get that off my chest.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol @ the ignorant ricer aka gsrintegra... that's cool u and ur ricer buddies race to 170 I hope none of u blow out a tire..and I sure hope u don't get that on video too.. but continue with ur ways..I could give a **** about u and how old u are buddy!! have a good one.... no offense by the way
Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
I fixed it for ya.

the ONLY reason people roll race is because their car can't launch, period. I hate when people use the fact that their car is FWD as an excuse. there are plenty of FWD guys who can hook with more then 700whp. its all in the setup and it takes alot of practice but it can be done.

the reality is that a turbo FWD stick car is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest car to get out of the hole. been there and done that already. I've been racing FWD cars for almost a decade so I know what I'm talking about. Racing from a roll is the easy way out, it takes zero skill and gets no respect in my book.

I don't give a **** what a car can beat on the street, especially from a roll where there are SO many variables involved. Anyone who has spent any amount of time at the drag strip will tell you that the one who reaches the finish line first isn't always the quickest car. I've beaten people out of the hole, and reached the finish line first, but still ran a slower ET then the car in the next lane. On the street that would look like a win when in reality it wasn't. A timeslips does not lie but your eyes do.

The standing 1/4 mile has always been the benchmark for performance cars. If you want to compare your car to another thats how you do it, not from a roll race and not from a dyno sheet. the bottom line is that if you want to have a fast car you're going to have to go to the track and learn to drive it, sorry but there is no short cut or easy way around it.

ok, I'm done ranting, I know this is the kill section but I just had to get that off my chest.
You show me a person that can get a 700whp fwd car to hook on the street... and I will call him god and kiss his feet. As a matter of fact... if you show me someone that can get a fwd car to hook at the track with anything less than 28-10 slicks and Ill kiss his feet. With only 500 my car spins my 25-8's through 3rd gear.

And you got it backwards.... roll racing is a true test of the car.... Drag racing is more of a test of your driving skills. But like I've said before High hp cars are a different ballgame. Try driving a 900whp supra at 130 with the wheels trying to come around on you. It takes a lotta skill...... and ***** too!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Interesting these races are from 70,but regardless,that is one quick integra,props gsrhunter.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Good race, good clips, good **** talking, and good arguing. Threads like this remind me of why I love the Street Racing & Kills section.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz

What happens if he floors it in reverse? Does that count?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

is it just me or did he say an AUTOMATIC z06?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gsrhunter

The only car that was willing to run was a headers and cam C6 Z06.... but he was having roof problems which I hear is common in those cars. Then I find out that a C6 with headers cam and 100 shot was going to run the Z06 so I tell him he should run me! He agrees and we head up to the hill.

My ideal speed is 70 but we agree upon 50.... I didn't care I just wanted to race!! On our way to the bridge which is the start of the race.... he guns it down towards the bridge knowing that I would hafta catch up..... then slow down to line up.... and I wouldn't have time to brake boost. So I just stayed back where I was going 50 and brake boosting.

He hits the bridge and guns it... I'm about six cars back and gun it. I immediately pull a few cars..... and at the top of 4th I'm at his bumper. When I shift to 5th I lose a car.....(he's auto) and we locked out. Everyone watching said I was still pulling towards the end.... but I don't think so. It even seemed to me that he was walking a little. There was about a car between us when we hit the second bridge.... which is the end of the race.
I think hes talking about a base C6.If I read this correctly
Old 07-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
I fixed it for ya.

UH..arent the majority of the kills posted in this section from a roll?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I didn't buy my Corvette to drag race, so unfortunately its not really setup to launch hard off the line. I would be an absolute fool if I spent what I spent on my Vette to drag race if that was my only purpose because a $10k Fox-body would launch me so hard I would think I was in reverse. Some of us like things called corners and I sure as hell am not racing on the city streets....for me racing from a roll is a huge adrenaline rush...stupid yes..but nothing beats high speed roll racing!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No everyone has a drag strip in there backyard to race from a dig!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
LMFAO
Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

A race is a race, it doesnt matter if its from a roll, dig or around some twisty's in a canyon. We've all done it, even the guys that say roll racing is gay, I just think most domestic guys dont like seeing an import that could hand them their ***.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slick1851
Im currently looking to do sleeper...and everyone and there mothers say hondas are slow..and apperantly its brain washed people..

I might pick up a 4 door 96 civic...redo the paint, just a nice stock paint job, rims some sus...and leave it like that..

Somthing cleans that can sneak the **** up on people

Originally Posted by pssonu
mr2- most pontential
civic- fwd pain n da azz, but most aftermarket
300zx
Originally Posted by 67maro
slick1851-A 240 with a 1JZ or a 2JZ would be good for you. Not to mention a Lexus SC300 with a 1JZ or 2JZ.
I'd say the rx7 with a ls1 swap. Seems to be popular these days. Lexus is nice but expensive for the swap.

Damn bone ls1 guys running 11s, rofl. Imagine it with a head/cam and juice.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Your logic is totally correct with normal cars..... but high hp cars are a whole different ballgame. If I were really really rich and didn't mind watching someone crash my integra..... as well as risk thier life.... I'd bet that 99% of the guys on this forum couldn't drive my car on full boost bridge to bridge. Even from 70 let alone anything below that. Even the guys with 9 sec cars.

FWD is a different animal. Have you ever seen a rwd car wheelie and then start walking around because the tires are catching traction at different intervals. Thats kinda how a high hp fwd car always feels..... except you still have a little control of whats going on. I bet if you didn't bitch out and let off.... you would crash!!!

How much would you bet? I have several cars...a couple of them run 9s or better (both have standard wheel wells and small tires). One of them will smoke the tires at 80mph on the street tune. I'm working on a 112 race gas tune and hope to push 1000whp. So I can speak from experience when I say:

I will agree that it's much easier and somewhat safer to go from a roll when you have a car making over 550-600 whp. Most people (even on here) have never driven a car with that much power on the street with street tires. It's a different animal. Spinning at 100 MPH is a wild feeling. If something goes wrong at those speeds, stick your head between your legs and your *** goodbye. I've been lucky.

If you are busted by the police, be prepared to lose your expensive car, do jail time, spend enough $ for another car build in fines, lose your license and pay a mint to any insrance company willing to insure you IF you can find one.

That's why I prefer to drag race from a dig at the track.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
A race is a race, it doesnt matter if its from a roll, dig or around some twisty's in a canyon. We've all done it, even the guys that say roll racing is gay, I just think most domestic guys dont like seeing an import that could hand them their ***.
Not true. There are plenty of imports that are fast and some have gotten the win light against me at the strip. A wins a win. We have a local N/A CRX that runs 11's. The car hooks. To me that's impressive. A purple civic that runs 10.70's and is driven to the track.

Anyone that says they roll race cause they don't want to break parts are in the wrong sport/hobby. You start to make power, you break **** plain and simple. -Mark