Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46

Anyone that says they roll race cause they don't want to break parts is just too cheap to afford a 12-bolt, new transmission, driveshaft, and slicks
fixed
Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
You show me a person that can get a 700whp fwd car to hook on the street... and I will call him god and kiss his feet. As a matter of fact... if you show me someone that can get a fwd car to hook at the track with anything less than 28-10 slicks and Ill kiss his feet. With only 500 my car spins my 25-8's through 3rd gear.
Nobody ever said anything about tire size, don't try and back pedal. I said above it wasnt easy to do and that its all in the setup. You think cars with 700hp run around on all-seasons? Any car with a decent amount of power needs a tire, thats common knowledge.

Here are just 2 examples of STREET CARS with more power then you are making that can drive their cars to a from the track and run sub 10 sec passes.

http://www.spturbo.com/mainpages/bil...teve/steve.htm

http://www.spturbo.com/mainpages/BlackVR.htm

Thats not even people in the Honda camp which is where you come from. You have WAY more honda guys at that level then any other FWD platform. I just picked a couple of people I personally know as a reference.

Notice the last modification listed on each page. Skilled Driver
Both of these guys have more power and better setups with even better ETs then whats listed in the links as that info is over 3 years old. I'm not about to give their new info out because both of these guys race for money and wouldn't want that info publicized.

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
And you got it backwards.... roll racing is a true test of the car.... Drag racing is more of a test of your driving skills. But like I've said before High hp cars are a different ballgame. Try driving a 900whp supra at 130 with the wheels trying to come around on you. It takes a lotta skill...... and ***** too!!!!
I'm not going to sit here and debate the obvious. Every car manufacture and automotive publication around the world uses the standing 1320' as the benchmark for measuring a cars performance. If you truely believe that roll racing is the benchmark for a cars performance then I truly feel for you.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
fixed
good one. What's that saying? If it broke, it needed to be replaced/upgraded anyways? -Mark
Old 07-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I'd say the rx7 with a ls1 swap. Seems to be popular these days. Lexus is nice but expensive for the swap.

Damn bone ls1 guys running 11s, rofl. Imagine it with a head/cam and juice.

Rx7 isnt a sleeper, mabe the 80's model but not the last gen. Everyone expects those cars to be quick or mildly fast.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

Or a Dodge Shadow and a Ford Fisteva with a 323x(think thats the turbo motor) swap.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Launching!

^Mazda 323GTXs are basicly that Festiva platform with AWD and a turbo motor. Its a 1.6L. Very small stroke, so with a good cam and intake manifold you could probably make a car with a lot of top end pull and a long powerband on a turbo flowing around 50 LBS/minute. Would be quite a mean little ride. You just dont see them on the street much anymore.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

After reading the first page, here's what crossed my mind -

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
it's much easier to make a car fast from a roll. it requires no buildup. it doesn't tax the rear as hard, it doesn't tax the trans as hard (assuming you're in the proper gear, nothing's worse than a WOT automatic downshift), it doesn't require knowing how to launch (the hardest part of racing), it doesn't require good tires...it's half-assed. people will tell you that "half assed is half fast." it's a fast car and all, but you're on a domestic forum. most of the guys here are going to say "it's still an integra" and "it sucks at the track." i know i'd rather have my stockish f-body than a fast integra, and i'm sure a lot of people around here would, too, but drive what you like. just expect a hard time with guys like us, we're just, respectfully, into different things.
HOLY **** BALLZ...............THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG....I AGREE WITH CHOCO!@!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
A race is a race, it doesnt matter if its from a roll, dig or around some twisty's in a canyon. We've all done it, even the guys that say roll racing is gay, I just think most domestic guys dont like seeing an import that could hand them their ***.
Sorry Pete. I have to agree wth Mark, 04term, and alwaysinboost. You race on the highway cause you are already there. No one would expect to stop on the highway. But if people are at a GTG or some place, and choose to setup a roll race..well...I just dont' get that. IMO....Dig and low rolls at the same time is not such a bad idea.

Part of racing is driving...cars don't drive themselves. To take driver skill out of racing....makes it 'not racing'...simply driving fast. ANd as for all of this high hp so we have to go from a high roll crap.....well, racing at those speeds on public roads is stupid no matter what..so there is no real excuse/reason for that. 170 on teh highway......congrats....cause you just made the 'soon to be on teh news for a fatality' list.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Funny how 95% of the kills in the section are from a roll, but when an import does it suddenly the lynch mob comes out with an anti-roll view point. I find it so funny that so many people dislike imports so much they actually pick out threads about them just to post. On top of that they suddenly change there view point simply to put down someones car.

To each his own. Some guys like ***** and blondes and some guys like butts and brunettes. Some people will race from a roll and other will go to the track neither one is correct.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Funny how 95% of the kills in the section are from a roll, but when an import does it suddenly the lynch mob comes out with an anti-roll view point. I find it so funny that so many people dislike imports so much they actually pick out threads about them just to post. On top of that they suddenly change there view point simply to put down someones car.

To each his own. Some guys like ***** and blondes and some guys like butts and brunettes. Some people will race from a roll and other will go to the track neither one is correct.
I have always mentioned in this section that Dig racing is real racing....anyone can search that fact.

FWIW - I like brunettes and butts. **** are a bonus.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I have always mentioned in this section that Dig racing is real racing....anyone can search that fact.

FWIW - I like brunettes and butts. **** are a bonus.
I never pointed out any single person, but there are those that I have seen post up things such as "great kill, awesome job man", and so on in other threads with roll racing, not one mention of how "wrong" roll racing is.

I am also a fan or brown hair and a sweet ***.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
You would think somebody who can afford to build these things could spend some cash on the rest of the car to put the power down.
It's not necessarily about money. It just plain sucks to break things. That causes unplanned downtime. Some people like to race their cars on saturday night knowing it'll be running for the cruise in on sunday. Also, there are people who do other forms of racing as well. I enjoyed racing from a roll because I was on street tires. I needed to stay on street tires because I enjoyed running the corners as well. Drag radials or slicks don't work well for cornering.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It's not necessarily about money. It just plain sucks to break things. That causes unplanned downtime. Some people like to race their cars on saturday night knowing it'll be running for the cruise in on sunday. Also, there are people who do other forms of racing as well. I enjoyed racing from a roll because I was on street tires. I needed to stay on street tires because I enjoyed running the corners as well. Drag radials or slicks don't work well for cornering.

I agree with you, I bought my car for other things other than launching from a dig.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

roll racing is pretty much "hey lets see who has more money and is willing to waste it on going fast in a stright line"

At least racing from a dig takes some skills unless you have a drag only auto trans with big tires.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Teching In

People will race where their car is the fastest. Nobody on here is gonna convince anybody to change how they race. Give it up.

On a side note, this argument goes both ways. A lot of people talk **** about roll races, but then a lot of people suddenly change their mind when they're about to race an awd car, what's up with that? I've had my Talon for 3 years, and the number of people that ever raced me from a stop? 3: A 421 rwhp lightning, an ls/turbo civic, and then a bolt-on hatch when I was stock.
Apart from those 3 guys, everyone else I've ever wanted to race from a dig with the Talon said that "it wouldn't be fair because you're awd".
When I was driving my FWD eclipse around, none of these people were anywhere to be seen, everbody wanted a dig, WTF
Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
I am also a fan or brown hair and a sweet ***.
I agree
Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
:givesfuck People will race where their car is the fastest. Nobody on here is gonna convince anybody to change how they race. :
I couldn't agree more. People like to race where their car has the best chance at winning at. For cars who aren't so good down low, it's higher rolls. For cars who shine off the line, a dig. That's how I always seen it.

When I raced, I always tried to make it fair and go from the other driver's strong point, then my strong point. When I raced my boys S R T 4 in my GT, we'd go from a dig, and from a roll. I couldn't beat him from a roll, he couldn't beat me from a dig.

And I agree, it is rare to pull up to someone at a light, and have a good straightaway to run on. That's why roll races are a lot more common. And, as said before most of the runs posted in this section and kill sections of other forums I post on are from a roll.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Teching In

This thread went from a bash, to a big *** debate on roll racing. Lol. But I got a question for one of the turbo guys. What the hell is brake boosting? Can someone explain that in detail?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
But I got a question for one of the turbo guys. What the hell is brake boosting? Can someone explain that in detail?
When you mash the brakes, and keep the throttle as close to the floor as possible without braking loose. Thus creating boost without loosing any/much ground because of "boost lag" on the jump during a roll race.