Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Roll racing is good for people who like to avoid breaking ****. I used to try to stick to roll racing for that reason. I knew a lot of f-body people who were all into the track and racing from a dig. Their cars were down and broken 80% of the time due to broken transmissions, rears, ect. Go figure.... It always cracked me up getting made fun of for roll racing by people with broken and abused cars.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It's not necessarily about money. It just plain sucks to break things. That causes unplanned downtime. Some people like to race their cars on saturday night knowing it'll be running for the cruise in on sunday. Also, there are people who do other forms of racing as well. I enjoyed racing from a roll because I was on street tires. I needed to stay on street tires because I enjoyed running the corners as well. Drag radials or slicks don't work well for cornering.
Ahh, it is refreshing to read posts that make sense. I can't believe some of the comments some of the people make on here. To say roll racing is for people that don't know how to drive, don't know how to launch, etc..is just NOT true. Want proof?

Here you go, BONE STOCK on street tires (runflats):
C6 Z06 at the drag strip

Ang guess what? I hate drag racing. I don't enjoy it, and I hardly ever do it. So, does that mean I can't drive? Please, give me a break fellas. We all have cars to do diffrent things. Some cars are more drag oriented and some cars are more top end oriented. Someone that has a 200 mph car with street tires on will more than likely like enjoy roll racing more than drag racing. On the other hand, someone that has slicks on, suspension mods, auto, solid rear, etc. will more than likely enjoy drag racing. To put another one down because of the way their car is set adn what kind of racing they enjoy just shows ignorance and the close minded. There are plenty of reasons I can think of as to why one would like to roll race even if they have the means to afford parts (look at above quotes) than drag race and vice versa, but just remember that not every car is going to be a drag oriented car and not every car is going to be a roll car. We all buy cars and set them up to what WE ENJOY doing, and some people like myself don't enjoy drag racing, at all (again, for some reasons, look at the above quotes). People refer to drag racing being a real sport and roll racing isn't, and they ALWAYS forget to keep in mind one thing and that is being that the drag racing sport consists of TWO DRAG ORIENTED CARS, not one drag oriented car and the other more roll oriented.

"gsrhunter", I am one of the few car enthusiasts that is a "car guy", and not an "import guy" or a "domestic guy". Knowing that, congrats on having a fast *** car that whoops most cars on the street be it from a roll or a dig..

Last edited by Fadi; 07-24-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Get out and pull your car.... then go around and push it... see which one is easier.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the difference in traction between a FWD and RWD car!

And a FWD big power import is annoying. Its like watching a fat kid stuffing his face with cake. Even worse when the fat kid admits the cake is bad for him

FWD sucks for performance plain and simple. I don't care what your car runs bridge to bridge If you insist on building a FWD car for performance reasons, and then complain to everyone about its limitations, you're an idiot.

Finally, roll racing isn't always gay. But 70 rolls, no matter what you drive, ARE!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the difference in traction between a FWD and RWD car!

And a FWD big power import is annoying. Its like watching a fat kid stuffing his face with cake. Even worse when the fat kid admits the cake is bad for him

FWD sucks for performance plain and simple. I don't care what your car runs bridge to bridge If you insist on building a FWD car for performance reasons, and then complain to everyone about its limitations, you're an idiot.

Finally, roll racing isn't always gay. But 70 rolls, no matter what you drive, ARE!
A-men. /thread
Old 07-24-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is utter bullshit... what a dumbass thread.. I dont care what you say, you cant prove the horsepower of any of the cars you were racing, period... I can say i raced a 900 hp corvette too, but no proof? Im not just going to take your word for it.. and that GTO didnt look more than 450 rwhp... waste of my time.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28

Yes what I said is the fundamentel difference between rwd and fwd. Your analogy made no sense in the context of what we are speaking of. Yes I also believe fwd performance sucks.... and complain about how my car can't launch...... but I'm speaking from a slightly higher standard! My car is a low 12 sec street car and with more seat time i'll get her in the mid 10's at the track. Does your car do that?

When I complain about racing from a dig... I mean stoplight to stoplight when we are only gonna get to the top of 2nd. A full 1/4 mile will be plenty of time for me to catch most people and go flying by them at 130+.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your logic is totally correct with normal cars..... but high hp cars are a whole different ballgame. !!
not really this logic applys to many high horsepower cars on this forum, most guys here built cars with good useable mid-range not peak hp...but there are exceptions, which include turbo lsx motors,Buick GN's,vipers,and other domestics with incredible high end that can trap higher than you.

dont underestimate the high end of an lsx motor
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
not really this logic applys to many high horsepower cars on this forum, most guys here built cars with good useable mid-range not peak hp...but there are exceptions, which include turbo lsx motors,Buick GN's,vipers,and other domestics with incredible high end that can trap higher than you.

dont underestimate the high end of an lsx motor
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The guys point was that roll racing is easy. And I said yes except when you start getting into high hp cars. Wasn't talking about what anything traps.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The guys point was that roll racing is easy. And I said yes except when you start getting into high hp cars. Wasn't talking about what anything traps.
alright i agree, and if you gave me the keys to your car id take it in a hearbeat.......drive the hell out of it, break it and part it out and make money to finish my camaro project

Make no mistake about it, your car is fast and there is no way any domestic car community wouldnt respect you including myself.......you just need to get some of your facts straight.

Last edited by GMmexican; 07-24-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
This is utter bullshit... what a dumbass thread.. I dont care what you say, you cant prove the horsepower of any of the cars you were racing, period... I can say i raced a 900 hp corvette too, but no proof? Im not just going to take your word for it.. and that GTO didnt look more than 450 rwhp... waste of my time.
You are talking about the gto in the vid with the supra and viper right.... If so you are funny dude.... who in thier right mind would believe that a twin turbo ls2 would only make 450rwhp. I hope you have a flame retardant suit too... because I think you are about to get reamed worse than me... the stupid guy who has a fast import. BTW Les is a member of these forums and I hope he doesn't see that you said his car only made 450rwhp.

For the sake of argument lets say that the gto only has 450 rwhp.... we all know an M6 has about 420rwhp. Now we all saw me beat a M6 by 12-15 cars back when I was only making 450whp. I now have 120whp more.... and you are trying to say that a car with about the same rwhp as an M6 and weighs the same somehow kept up with me when I'm making 120 more to the wheels.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

this is totally random and i mean no harm by it, but in the second video the power of that car just seems weird?

i mean its like using steroids to get big and stong. in the end your still a little wimp instead of having real god given muscles.

dont get me wrong its still fast, just in an unnatural way.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
alright i agree, and if you gave me the keys to your car id take it in a hearbeat.......drive the hell out of it, break it and part it out and make money to finish my camaro project

Make no mistake about it, your car is fast and there is no way any domestic car community wouldnt respect you including myself.......you just need to get some of your facts straight.
Man you are the shiznit.... I was thinking the same thing when I was talking to that other guy.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

No man.... Please continue to voice your opinion.... I'm sure you didn't offend many people on these forums..... cause they're all on your side!!!! LOL People like you are what makes coming on these forums fun. You voice your opinion and get your point acrossed with eloquence....... for those who don't know what that word means... go look it up!!

I totally respect your opinion because you convey it without the need for....." STUPID F-ING RICER and POLISHED TURD"!! While I may not totally agree with your opinion .... I totally respect it. We both agree that a fwd car is not the platform you SHOULD build a performance car out of.... but unlike you I still think its cool as hell to do.

If I pull up next to you in a f-body.... a stang.... a vette....... I can go on and on.....you have this thought go through your head.... " That car might be fast"...... When have you ever had that thought pulling up next to a 4-door integra. Then the look on thier face when they finally catch up to me.... that WTF look....... is just priceless.
no i agree with having a total sleeper but i just love my rwd to much i love being able to slam the gears and have the back end kick out going around a turn and i love doing my donuts no matter how childish they are
Old 07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SickSixSpeed
this is totally random and i mean no harm by it, but in the second video the power of that car just seems weird?

i mean its like using steroids to get big and stong. in the end your still a little wimp instead of having real god given muscles.

dont get me wrong its still fast, just in an unnatural way.
I really don't know how to respond to this... because my car really is a little wimp on steroids!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GSRHUNTER as you can see, the dumb people came out of the wood work to say there retared comments

GO BACK TO STREETFIRE OR YOUTUBE You hicks!

Dont defend your self when you see ignorant posts, just keep passing them up so your threads stay clean
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
no i agree with having a total sleeper but i just love my rwd to much i love being able to slam the gears and have the back end kick out going around a turn and i love doing my donuts no matter how childish they are

People are making fun of GSRHUNTER for doing roll races on a empty highway and your talking about( GASP)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

DRIFTING ON A PUBLIC STREET?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
LOL "GSRHUNTER" didn't we just finish bashing on you in another thread. everywhere I turn your getting into more trouble. i think you are once again in the wrong place to preach about roll racing a turbo 4 banger fwd compared to dragracing a V8 rwd. once again im gonna apologize like i did in the other thread because as much as it may hurt to admit it you have more HP than me PERIOD!

BUT
I never have and never will understand taking a fwd car and putting anything more than simple bolt ons on it, and only that if its all you can afford. but to build an all out "race car" is just pointless to me if you want to sink money into something for performace then have the drivetrain to back it up. fwd's are a comprimise all car builders made to sacrifice drivetrain strength for fuel effiecency and cheaper build costs. rwd's are no comprimise cars thats why any car that is sold as a "performace car" will always have either rwd or awd. DO YOU EVER SEE LAMBORGHINIS OR FERARRIS WITH FWD? NO! yes some may argue that say an srt 4 or some other performance fwd car is also a "performance car" to me they are nothing more than a simple performace package added on to a fwd to make it perform better than the base model which is nothing more than a typical passenger sedan but it isn't a true "performance car". i feel this way just as i feel that my dads Dakota R/T truck is a performance package on vehicle that is intended to be used as a typical truck. that being said anycar with any drivetrain can make alot of power but to me its pointless for you to do that to cars that are originally designed for fuel economy. thats just my opinion.

sorry to all the guys who i just offended but i was just voicing my opinion. maybe next time ill keep it to myself.

DO YOU NEED ME TO HELP WITH LIFTING UP THAT ROCK YOUR UNDER?

Look at the import fwd drag scene there cutting 60foot times thats rwd cars are....

You just have to setup the car differently

YES GUYS FWD CARS DO NEED DRAG SUS,SPOOLS,AND TRACTION BARS!

OMG?! Is that big news to everyone now lol

Learn somthing..

I dont like fwd, but there are ways around things you know
Old 07-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Teching In

damn you guys sure are critical of how a guy wants to build his car....if he didnt want to build a track car then **** it why do u care??? he has a fast street car...we have fast track cars...he beats us from a roll and SOME of us can beat him at the track....

i think the only reason u guys really care is bc he'd beat most of u at the track or on the street...

props for a fast car man

btw if i remember right the fastest manually shifted car (et) is a honda civic running high 7s low 8s so its not like he cant build a track car out of it if he wanted to..
Old 07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RUSTYTA
damn you guys sure are critical of how a guy wants to build his car....if he didnt want to build a track car then **** it why do u care??? he has a fast street car...we have fast track cars...he beats us from a roll and SOME of us can beat him at the track....

i think the only reason u guys really care is bc he'd beat most of u at the track or on the street...

props for a fast car man

btw if i remember right the fastest manually shifted car (et) is a honda civic running high 7s low 8s so its not like he cant build a track car out of it if he wanted to..
naw i think its a viper
Old 07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RUSTYTA

props for a fast car man

It was a viper as far as i know also but there is probly even faster out there now that was a while ago maybe a year when i saw that m6 viper video in the 7's.....
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stainless40cal
It was a viper as far as i know also but there is probly even faster out there now that was a while ago maybe a year when i saw that m6 viper video in the 7's.....
Yes the honda holds the record for manual shifts but she has an H-box which is kinda the same as pro stock cars and they run 6's. I don't understand how they can consider her to have the record... but I guess pro stock cars are in a different category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJwxFZCY78