Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless40cal
It was a viper as far as i know also but there is probly even faster out there now that was a while ago maybe a year when i saw that m6 viper video in the 7's.....
You can't have seen it a year ago because my friend garths car just set the record a few months ago!! And yes he has brought that car up to the roll ons...... the same spot where you see all my vids. So has dana in his 1300rwhp supra. I didn't wanna hafta bring out the big guns but all I hafta say to all the roll race haters is when you make power like this... come roll with us!!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjoPMVuibY
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slick1851
DO YOU NEED ME TO HELP WITH LIFTING UP THAT ROCK YOUR UNDER?

Look at the import fwd drag scene there cutting 60foot times thats rwd cars are....

You just have to setup the car differently

YES GUYS FWD CARS DO NEED DRAG SUS,SPOOLS,AND TRACTION BARS!

OMG?! Is that big news to everyone now lol

Learn somthing..

I dont like fwd, but there are ways around things you know
ya i understand the fwd scene is big!!! i dont know why but yes its big. you can build anything and i mean anything to go fast that still doesnt mean that its logical. i can understand the sleeper concept but i would spend some of that outrageous money on some sort of rwd drivetrain setup. i would go nuts if i saw the OP's integra cause its a nasty fast car, but what if you saw a 4 door integra leave you at a stop light roasting the back tires off. that would be a sleeper.

dont try to make me out to be a bad guy im not trying to offend anyone.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

That's It! Im selling my Camaro and buying a FWD Neon.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28

That's like the complete opposite of what Tony Montana would have said.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Yes what I said is the fundamentel difference between rwd and fwd. Your analogy made no sense in the context of what we are speaking of. Yes I also believe fwd performance sucks.... and complain about how my car can't launch...... but I'm speaking from a slightly higher standard! My car is a low 12 sec street car and with more seat time i'll get her in the mid 10's at the track. Does your car do that?
Comparing a FWD vs RWD with pulling vs pushing a car is foolish. Human anatomy has nothing to do with how physics act upon a vehicle during acceleration. It's called weight transfer... and FWD will NEVER have it. Go back to school!

The analogy: Fat kids eating cake is like building a FWD import. Admitting FWD sucks (admitting cake is bad for you) but continuing on your path is poor logic.

Does my car do that? Well, if you want to run at the track, I'm not worried, in either of my cars, even at you mid 10 second goal, much less what your car runs now. If you want to run bridge to bridge, who knows... Since I CAN get out of the hole, my car obviously has no top end, right?

And stop using the big power excuse. I've seen plenty of 1000+whp cars put the power down on the street. Its called a chassis - and being a FWD guy, that's something you'll never understand.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
ya i understand the fwd scene is big!!! i dont know why but yes its big. you can build anything and i mean anything to go fast that still doesnt mean that its logical. i can understand the sleeper concept but i would spend some of that outrageous money on some sort of rwd drivetrain setup. i would go nuts if i saw the OP's integra cause its a nasty fast car, but what if you saw a 4 door integra leave you at a stop light roasting the back tires off. that would be a sleeper.

I dont understand whats the problems

Get some traction bars, a LSD....Drag springs in the rear(1k springs) and slicks

Is it ideal? No but does it work? YUP

You just like RWD more, and there is nothing wrong with that at all...

But look at all the GTPs going fast, no one seems to care that they are fwd.....but if its a honda OMG its a problem now lol
Old 07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

I don't agree that all roll races are "rice" but, 70mph...ya thats rice.

I like 35mph and below roll races preferably. Or a dead stop.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8hunter
In the end you are still driving an integra (that runs on race fuel)...kinda like a building a skittle...good top end power, but no chassis behind it. You would be made to look like a fool by even a STOCK wrx from a street light. There is not much respect for ricers here if you have not figured it out yet.
and you calling a 700hp import a "ricer" proves your ignorance, or possible retardation

To the integra driver, I've seen a 600-700hp civic coupe run borderline 6's in the 1/8. I know traction is a bitch, but with slicks, traction bars, anitlag, etc couldnt you be pulling 1.7 60fts at least and not have to go from a 70 roll, which i did think was funny the first time I read it
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
I don't agree that all roll races are "rice" but, 70mph...ya thats rice.

I like 35mph and below roll races preferably. Or a dead stop.
This is the last time I'm gonna say this....... In a normal car a 70 roll is stupid... you basically are just going a little faster!!! In a high hp car a 70 roll is neccessary to keep your rear end behind you. and for me to have a better chance of staying in my lane!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AngryJ
and you calling a 700hp import a "ricer" proves your ignorance, or possible retardation

To the integra driver, I've seen a 600-700hp civic coupe run borderline 6's in the 1/8. I know traction is a bitch, but with slicks, traction bars, anitlag, etc couldnt you be pulling 1.7 60fts at least and not have to go from a 70 roll, which i did think was funny the first time I read it
You want me to run slicks on the street? I have the best drag radials I could buy..... at least they were when I bought em. If I decided to chop up my front end... throw some huge slicks on.... I could cut 1.6... maybe even 1.5 60fts! Right now I just want to do mid 10's as a legitimate full body, full leather interior 4-door street integra. I'll go full race and try to hit 9's later if I don't get my C6 Z06 first.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
You want me to run slicks on the street? I have the best drag radials I could buy..... at least they were when I bought em. If I decided to chop up my front end... throw some huge slicks on.... I could cut 1.6... maybe even 1.5 60fts! Right now I just want to do mid 10's as a legitimate full body, full leather interior 4-door street integra. I'll go full race and try to hit 9's later if I don't get my C6 Z06 first.
If I were intentionally going out to race (and didn't have to drive 40 miles to get there) I wouldn't hesitate to run high pressure slicks in a 600hp fwd car.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I need to move because I have rarely run across anyone willing to slow down on the freeway to a low roll....and thats why most of my races are 60 rolls.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It's not necessarily about money. It just plain sucks to break things. That causes unplanned downtime. Some people like to race their cars on saturday night knowing it'll be running for the cruise in on sunday. Also, there are people who do other forms of racing as well. I enjoyed racing from a roll because I was on street tires. I needed to stay on street tires because I enjoyed running the corners as well. Drag radials or slicks don't work well for cornering.
So don't half *** the car and build it where you won't break ****.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fadi
Ahh, it is refreshing to read posts that make sense. I can't believe some of the comments some of the people make on here. To say roll racing is for people that don't know how to drive, don't know how to launch, etc..is just NOT true. Want proof?

Here you go, BONE STOCK on street tires (runflats):
C6 Z06 at the drag strip

Ang guess what? I hate drag racing. I don't enjoy it, and I hardly ever do it. So, does that mean I can't drive? Please, give me a break fellas. We all have cars to do diffrent things. Some cars are more drag oriented and some cars are more top end oriented. Someone that has a 200 mph car with street tires on will more than likely like enjoy roll racing more than drag racing. On the other hand, someone that has slicks on, suspension mods, auto, solid rear, etc. will more than likely enjoy drag racing. To put another one down because of the way their car is set adn what kind of racing they enjoy just shows ignorance and the close minded. There are plenty of reasons I can think of as to why one would like to roll race even if they have the means to afford parts (look at above quotes) than drag race and vice versa, but just remember that not every car is going to be a drag oriented car and not every car is going to be a roll car. We all buy cars and set them up to what WE ENJOY doing, and some people like myself don't enjoy drag racing, at all (again, for some reasons, look at the above quotes). People refer to drag racing being a real sport and roll racing isn't, and they ALWAYS forget to keep in mind one thing and that is being that the drag racing sport consists of TWO DRAG ORIENTED CARS, not one drag oriented car and the other more roll oriented.

"gsrhunter", I am one of the few car enthusiasts that is a "car guy", and not an "import guy" or a "domestic guy". Knowing that, congrats on having a fast *** car that whoops most cars on the street be it from a roll or a dig..
And it will never be a sport or have a sanctioning body.

It's like a bunch of kids who made up their own game because the original was too harsh for them.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
And it will never be a sport or have a sanctioning body.

It's like a bunch of kids who made up their own game because the original was too harsh for them.
There are several sanctioned races that have a rolling start.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FEARSM
There are several sanctioned races that have a rolling start.
with a qualifying order and several laps/miles and sometimes pit stops before the end.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think its funny you have people talking good about roll races with some pretty high hp cars...but most of the people that are saying roll racing is stupid don't have near the hp..his little Acura does!

Whats the standing rule around here don't you have to be out of the 13's to talk ****? So let me revise it you have to have a hp or torque # starting with a 5 to talk **** about roll racing!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I think its funny you have people talking good about roll races with some pretty high hp cars...but most of the people that are saying roll racing is stupid don't have near the hp..his little Acura does!

Whats the standing rule around here don't you have to be out of the 13's to talk ****? So let me revise it you have to have a hp or torque # starting with a 5 to talk **** about roll racing!
Either way. If you have 5xxxhp or torque and don't run 13s...the car/driver is suffering super suckage. So it should be a double qualification...

If you have less than 5xxx hp/tq ...stick to dig racing and you'll own most FWD cars with 5xxx hp/tq or more on the 1320.

I like your rules. I can talk **** either way.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I gotta give props....pretty fast teg.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Either way. If you have 5xxxhp or torque and don't run 13s...the car/driver is suffering super suckage. So it should be a double qualification...

If you have less than 5xxx hp/tq ...stick to dig racing and you'll own most FWD cars with 5xxx hp/tq or more on the 1320.

I like your rules. I can talk **** either way.
Hell I will even say 500 flywheel hp or torque to include more people!