Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if he didn't have such a high starting speed he wouldn't get as much heat from everyone. Can't he add weight to the engine bay to put more load on the tires so he can bring down his starting mph? Man, I think that's the first time I ever put the words "add weight IN the engine bay" in a the same sentence. -Mark
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Two very dumb comments.

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
So don't half *** the car and build it where you won't break ****.
You show me a part that will never break in competition and I will send you my next pay check.

And it will never be a sport or have a sanctioning body.

It's like a bunch of kids who made up their own game because the original was too harsh for them.
So now the only way people can enjoy what they have done to a car is if it is sactioned or a sport, good to know.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Comparing a FWD vs RWD with pulling vs pushing a car is foolish. Human anatomy has nothing to do with how physics act upon a vehicle during acceleration. It's called weight transfer... and FWD will NEVER have it. Go back to school!

The analogy: Fat kids eating cake is like building a FWD import. Admitting FWD sucks (admitting cake is bad for you) but continuing on your path is poor logic.

Does my car do that? Well, if you want to run at the track, I'm not worried, in either of my cars, even at you mid 10 second goal, much less what your car runs now. If you want to run bridge to bridge, who knows... Since I CAN get out of the hole, my car obviously has no top end, right?

And stop using the big power excuse. I've seen plenty of 1000+whp cars put the power down on the street. Its called a chassis - and being a FWD guy, that's something you'll never understand.
Man you are talking to the wrong person about go back to school. What do you mean fwd cars don't have weight transfer?....... that is a physical impossibility!! Weight transfer is the essential reason why fwd cars suck off the line!! A rwd car transfers weight onto the drive axles making it better. A fwd car transfers weight off the drive axles making it worse.... especially in high hp fwd cars.

Please post pics and timeslips of your 2 faster than mid 10's beasts!!! I would love to see thier intervals after 330ft. I never said no rwd car has top end power....... I just said it is the exception not the rule!! As a matter of fact...... look at my timeslip.... its a prime example of what I'm talking about!!That run was against a camaro with giant cheater slicks on.

When I saw we were lined up together... I was thinking ohhhh damn!!!!! I"d bet money that thought never went through his head lined up next to a 4-door integra. Our first race he ran a 12.2 @ 107 to my 11.4 @ 128. I wonder what was going through his head when I was 10 cars ahead and pulling away. The second race he took a shot at the tree and barely cut a redlight. He actually barely beat me to the finish although right at the stripe I went flying by him 20mph faster.

And isn't it funny that I got kicked off right after that. My friend john has run numerous 10's in his integra and has yet to be kicked off. He took my quickest and fastest vegas street teg title from me. We were talking about this a couple days ago..... because all his runs have been against other imports..... god forbid you beat up on a domestic. The old *** track officials aren't having that!!! I bet if it was a new camaro they wouldn't care!!!

BTW Show me someone who can get a 1000rwhp car to hook up on the street and I will bow to him and kiss his feet. I'm not talking about trailered out with giant slicks on either.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Two very dumb comments.

You show me a part that will never break in competition and I will send you my next pay check.

So now the only way people can enjoy what they have done to a car is if it is sactioned or a sport, good to know.
I can't guarantee it's not going to break. Just don't be one of those idiots that has significant power mods on a half-*** or stock suspension, transmission and rear.

I didn't say that. Usually when something doesn't have enough support to make an official league or whatever for it, that means not enough people give a damn.

When there's a NRRA, I'll shut up.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

I can't guarantee it's not going to break. Just don't be one of those idiots that has significant power mods on a half-*** or stock suspension, transmission and rear.
and the point is that some have been making is that they want to lessen the chance of that breakage weather they have good parts or not. A roll race will do that for them.

I didn't say that. Usually when something doesn't have enough support to make an official league or whatever for it, that means not enough people give a damn.

When there's a NRRA, I'll shut up.
Hahahahah I think you may have to do that before the NRRA is created.

Not enough people give a damn, yeah, I'm sure. Perhaps you missed this ENTIRE section of LS1tech, or perhaps these little know website called streefire and youtube. A few cars on those sites run one or two roll races.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roll is not a race...
Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
roll is not a race...
You don't have enough power to be in this conversation. That is now my standard reply to all the late arrivals who try to chime in thier 2 cents. I feel confident in that reply because anyone with a overly powerful street car won't say it!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
LMAO!!

I saw that and was like WTF???...

70MPH is a bit high to start a race. I don't know what I'd do If someone said "Let's go from a 70 roll"

Ummmm... I do it all the time

When you dont have traction till 120 its kind of the only way to race and still have fun.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
roll is not a race...
Then 95% of the posts in this section are not races.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
roll racing is pretty much "hey lets see who has more money and is willing to waste it on going fast in a stright line"

At least racing from a dig takes some skills unless you have a drag only auto trans with big tires.

And with dig racing your not going in a strait line either?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
Ummmm... I do it all the time

When you dont have traction till 120 its kind of the only way to race and still have fun.
Thank you very much!!! Proves my point that anyone with enough power would know where I'm coming from!!!! BTW I have one word to say about your car............... DAYUM but I also have a question..... What does sae corrected mean?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
Sounds a little complicated, but I think understand it.

So it's basically like revving the car out of it's boost lag RPM, and into the RPM range closer to where it makes peak boost?

And to do this, you have to hit the brakes?...
Basically it allows you to help spool the turbo so when you release the brakes you're not in vacuum anymore.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

and the point is that some have been making is that they want to lessen the chance of that breakage weather they have good parts or not. A roll race will do that for them.

Hahahahah I think you may have to do that before the NRRA is created.

Not enough people give a damn, yeah, I'm sure. Perhaps you missed this ENTIRE section of LS1tech, or perhaps these little know website called streefire and youtube. A few cars on those sites run one or two roll races.
There are entire websites dedicated to ******* animals. That doesn't make it a good idea.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Two very dumb comments.

The door handle?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

I was going to look for a picture of a shifter ****, or that netting thats on the drivers side window.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

There are entire websites dedicated to ******* animals. That doesn't make it a good idea.
Yeah beastiality and roll racing very similar in nature, great example. Any other awesome remarks you would like to add? I am sure many people are on the edge of there seats waiting for some more infinite wisdom.

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
The door handle?
Ok you got me on that one.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

I hate roll races, because I drive a Grand Am.

I bet a 700hp Integra could do a hell of a "Ricer Flyby" of a Cessna.

In all seriousness, It doesn't matter if 9 second Hondas trap 140, 150 160 mph. If the other car crosses the line even 1 thousandth of a second faster, that Honda didn't bring enough to the table for that race and that is the beauty of racing. You don't need the most HP, lowest E.T, or highest trap speed to win at the races. You just need to have a better combo than the other car.

How much does it cost to make a 700hp Integra anyways? Will you keep it after you get the vette? One would think there aren't too many people willing to pony for a car like that. I think most would rather build it themselves.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Man its obvious that you are just in this thread to dump on imports and anything someone with an import says..... Anyone with even a partially objective point of view would know that I wasn't making excuses.... merely stating a fact..... If we lined up side by side..... I would've won!
i'm not on this thread to "dump on imports," i'm in this thread to explain to you why you are having so much trouble in this post. you're always going to have trouble bragging about your souped up integra on a domestic site. most guys are going to say "why the HELL would you dump that kind of money into an INTEGRA?" and i'm one of them. for the amount of money it took to make that car fast and not blowing up all over the place, you could have had a faster, better looking, better sounding car. hell, for 10 grand, you can have a wicked fast fox body that sounds absolutely amazing.

me, along with many others on this site, will NEVER understand the import racing scene. the import racing scene to us is kind of like the special olympics: the olympics with physical and/or mental handicap.

again, it's glad that you're happy with your car and all because that's what matters at the end of the day, but the vette would have blown you away at the track. absolutely ghosted you. it wouldn't have been even close.

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Be honest.... if the guy in the vette had posted this thread...... then the tables were turned where I won by a car after getting a six car head start.... and then wouldn't run again because of a "computer problem" You know damn well that you would be telling the corvette guy.... "yeah that was just an excuse.... that damn ricer was just scared to race you again". But yet somehow in your mind you see that I'm the one making excuses..... Really does that make any sense!!!
well, it wouldn't have mattered the outcome of the race at all to me because either way, i would rather own a C6 running on 6 cylinders than a souped up integra. but that's just me.

again, i'm not trying to be mean here, but if you want my honest opinion, i'll give it to you. i never said i'd lie to make you feel better
Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Just curious is your car an auto?
yea. i never claimed to be a racer. i've only been to the track 3 times in this car. oddly enough, most of my street races come on the highway from a roll. it's just the way it winds up being.

****, this is my work car. i had it parked outside on a grass median today for 7 hours while we milled a road for a paving job i got the sunburn on my neck to prove it. 3 more days of this damn paving
Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Resident

And it will never be a sport or have a sanctioning body.

It's like a bunch of kids who made up their own game because the original was too harsh for them.
i actually like this quote.

yes, roll racing is racing, but it's like drag racing's retarded younger brother. it's fun and all to an extent, but it'll never be respected in the way drag racing is respected.

if you want to get technical, it's a better gauge of how fast your car is than drag racing since it takes the driver and traction out of it to a greater extent. however, it's nice to see more driving skill incorporated into it. call me old fashioned, but i feel that if you're going to have an organized race, you do it from a dig if you're only going to race once. if you race twice, then you do one dig race and one from a LOW ROLL. when i roll, i try and roll from >25 mph.