Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Smug turbo 3000GT driver isnt smiling now...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Smug turbo 3000GT driver isnt smiling now...

Driving home from work, minding my own, doing 65 in the middle lane. A yellow 3000gt pulls up to me and paces me in the left hand lane. I have to look over since he's pacing me, and he has this **** eating grin on his face. Clearly he wants a run.

I point forward, and with a smirk he shrugs, sure, why not. As if he has a big surprise waiting for me. He throws a couple revs so I could hear his turbos spool. I dont know if they were completely stock, but they wernt overly loud, although I could hear them over my open cutouts.

I point to his car, and then point forward, signaling him to take the jump, as i shift from 6th, to 5th to 4th. By now my car is singing around 3.5 rpm at around 50 MPH. He must know what he's in for. I hear his turbos start to spool and he starts pulling forward. I think to myself, no break boost? Regardless, its on.

I downshift to third and unleash hell. The tires bark just a chirp as I dump the clutch. My car sounds like the apocalypse is coming as I scream past him. I take the car just past the shift light (about 6800) in third gear, and get out of it. By now I have a good 4 or 5 car lengths on him, in what seems like barely 2 seconds. I gently hit the breaks to signal that Im out and coast back down to speed, and throw a chacka out the window in a sign of good sportsmanship. He must have given up, but still passed me going a good 15 MPH faster than me since I slowed down. He cut over 3 lanes and took the first exit he saw. I wish I could have seen his face.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, good kill
Old 08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

good kill
Old 08-04-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Driving home from work, minding my own, doing 65 in the middle lane. A yellow 3000gt pulls up to me and paces me in the left hand lane. I have to look over since he's pacing me, and he has this **** eating grin on his face. Clearly he wants a run.

I point forward, and with a smirk he shrugs, sure, why not. As if he has a big surprise waiting for me. He throws a couple revs so I could hear his turbos spool. I dont know if they were completely stock, but they wernt overly loud, although I could hear them over my open cutouts.

I point to his car, and then point forward, signaling him to take the jump, as i shift from 6th, to 5th to 4th. By now my car is singing around 3.5 rpm at around 50 MPH. He must know what he's in for. I hear his turbos start to spool and he starts pulling forward. I think to myself, no break boost? Regardless, its on.

I downshift to third and unleash hell. The tires bark just a chirp as I dump the clutch. My car sounds like the apocalypse is coming as I scream past him. I take the car just past the shift light (about 6800) in third gear, and get out of it. By now I have a good 4 or 5 car lengths on him, in what seems like barely 2 seconds. I gently hit the breaks to signal that Im out and coast back down to speed, and throw a chacka out the window in a sign of good sportsmanship. He must have given up, but still passed me going a good 15 MPH faster than me since I slowed down. He cut over 3 lanes and took the first exit he saw. I wish I could have seen his face.
good story lol...whats a CHACKA
Old 08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys...

Originally Posted by chavez885
whats a CHACKA
The "chaka-bra". Its a positive hand gesture. Extended thumb and little finger, sometimes shaken radially about the wrist. Think surfers.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy

I love your car lol can i have it?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, awesome. Sweet car. Nice kill.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Good kill and sick car.
If you heard his turbos over your car they were aftermarket,
Old 08-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Nice!

Cool to see some elbow grease and wrench time make for a solid win!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys. It feels a little bit like taking lunch money from a gay, crippled, retarded midget. I was really sure he had some more mods the way he came up with that smirk across his face. Maybe it was his first remotely-fast car and its a lot faster in his mind still. Maybe he just never ran a camaro before. A stock LS1 would have still run right by him, im sure.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill. Was this on the L.I.E., or the Sunrise??
Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love reading over on the 3si boards they always talk about LS1s being an easy win for them stock for stock, but they can never prove it. Good kill.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

good kill! wiped the smirk right off his face.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Restricted User

I wonder what goes on in their heads sometimes....
Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
uno
On The Tree

Good kill. I used to love 3si's and even wanted one. Then I looked at how much parts cost for them
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres what 3000gt owners think of our cars.

Sounds about right if it was stock.

All your really need to pull a LT1 or LS1 TA or camaro is 14 or more psi and a healthy motor.

Stuff like open elements, Dp and the rest of the catback only make you pull away harder.

Even before I put on the 13t's I would have to think long and hard to even remember a TA that gave me any sort of trouble. Even the modded ones you can get with a good launch to about 95 or so.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Typical delusional rice/importfanboyzz!!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ Ha!