Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs Mach1 again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by svodave
My knowledge? Look what YOU wrote douche. 320 hp Mach? I could fill an entire page with your contradictions and misinformation but we keep you around as an example of head in the sand Mustang bliss emotion. Enjoy your "I can slap around GTs all day long" car.
I think the point he was trying to make was that a stock Bullit and a stock Mach 1 are still not quite the same kinda animal... At 310hp, the Mach is significantly stronger than a stock GT across the rev range, and even a bolt-on GT such as mine (which makes about the same peak power) has a totally different powerband.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMmexican
hmmmmm never realized this site had so many mustang owners registered, 2 bad most of them don't really post in any tech threads and just troll around the street racing section ready to pop up and defend the mustang if any lsx car beats it, mustang owners are some of the most weird insecure people ive ever met.
Not all. I for one always try to post in the drag racing tech section when I can answer a question I can relate to.

SvoDave- when you say H/C/I and 400-500 N/A. Which heads and cam? That's a pretty broad range. Could be anywere from ported 241's (or 214's I forgot), and a magic stick to a good set of aftermarket heads.

Enjoying the bickering... Keep it up.

-Mark
Old 08-13-2007, 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heads, cam, intake, etc. 400-500hp N/A. I would hope you already knew that.
I did. Shut up. I was being a devil's advocate...I would hope you knew that.

bigv99SS: It's an LSx with forged internals and cam, heads, headers, fast 90/90 and a little nitrous..... Thats all, not that fast but faster than OD's T/A.....
Sounds like it should be pretty damn stout.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

....320 hp Mach?....
Hmm, umm, yo Dave, remember the crack you made about my car making 278rwhp??

Calculate that out, and what does that come to at the crankshaft? 327.085 hp, that's assuming a 15% drivetrain parasitic loss (5-spd), which is widely accepted as very close by most Ford experts in such things.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Very good! So if FORD (not puny65) rates it at 305fwhp, then you add your mods and make 327fwhp, you picked up roughly 22 hp. See how that works?You're really catching on quickly! I'm proud of you. Now could you please talk to puny and set him straight?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by _Zac
No I was talking to SVOdave, but you can see what I mean by the times you posted.

I went 8.6 in my stock 01 GT (1.90 60') I trapped a very slow 100mph in the 1/4. Imagine what I would have done with a car trapping 106-07. To say that a mach can't run similar times to an LS1 would be stupid.
haha...
Old 08-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Restricted User

Nice Kill...
Old 08-13-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

My knowledge? Look what YOU wrote douche. 320 hp Mach? I could fill an entire page with your contradictions and misinformation but we keep you around as an example of head in the sand Mustang bliss emotion. Enjoy your "I can slap around GTs all day long" car.

HOLY CRAP......THANK YOU DAVE...LOL...OMG.....Where do I begin. Hang on..I have to catch my breath from laughing so hard.......

....ok, i'm back. Um Dave...you just showed YOUR ignorance on mach 1s, and you dont' even realize it.......

ok....(I'll take your a$$ to school, **hands Slodave his #2 pencil**).......M5 MACh's put down 265-285 RWHP STOCK...so, we'll take the avg...275....

275/.85=323 FWHP.....OMFG......See that, I even did the correct math for you.

OK..open mouth and insert YOUR FOOT. HAHA....OH MAN...thanks for the Monday Laugh Dave...HAHA..I can't believe this.......I acutally thought you knew something..a little something about machs......come to find out...you know absolutely nothing.

Go ahead...comment on this...so I can take you to school YET AGAIN.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
haha...
Well a Mach can run similar times to an LS1, so, um...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha...
You care to join svodave in educating the forum on Mach1s?

Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

When someone says a Cobra is impressive, you can rest assured they're talking about an 03-04.

Damn you're stupid.
I'm the stupid one?.......Yet you are the one that brought TWO cars into this conversation as your 'examples/experience'. and I am the stupid one......Take out that pencil again.......Class is in session............

NUMBER ONE incorrect example: IRUNELEVENS said 4V Cobra's and Mach's (the topic at hand is Machs....why you would think FI cobra's...I'll never know, but common sense ain't so common anymore), then followed up with N/A cobra's on post #93.

Number TWO incorrect 'experience': You said you have owned seven mustangs, YET, the closest (per your example) was a freakin modded 2V bullit. WOW....you got me there Dave.....the Mach is SO on par with a bullit.

FURTHERMORE - not 'everyone' thinks that. Because some people live in reality and can acknowledge the fact that N/A 4v's are not your avg. stang.

PLEASE keep showing your ignorance on the topic. I am not sure if I am having more fun laughing at your ignorance, or taking you back to pre-school. PULEASE make another comment........My blackboard hasn't been broken in yet.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ponygt65
....ok, i'm back. Um Dave...you just showed YOUR ignorance on mach 1s, and you dont' even realize it.......

ok....(I'll take your a$$ to school, **hands Slodave his #2 pencil**).......M5 MACh's put down 265-285 RWHP STOCK...so, we'll take the avg...275....

275/.85=323 FWHP.....OMFG......See that, I even did the correct math for you.

OK..open mouth and insert YOUR FOOT. HAHA....OH MAN...thanks for the Monday Laugh Dave...HAHA..I can't believe this.......I acutally thought you knew something..a little something about machs......come to find out...you know absolutely nothing.

Go ahead...comment on this...so I can take you to school YET AGAIN.
Okay...so when a stock LS1 car puts down 320rwhp we should go around saying thats 368hp Camaro? You got your numbers wrong and now your upset. Tisk tisk.

Looks like only the short bus goes to your school.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator

Cool...I see enrollment increasing in my class....care to be my assistant?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay...so when a stock LS1 car puts down 320rwhp we should go around saying thats 368hp Camaro? You got your numbers wrong and now your upset. Tisk tisk.

That's your comeback?....R U serious?......

Um....the general consensus is 15% drivetrain...obviously cars vary, but 15% is WIDELY accepted for a manual car. so

320/.85=376...SO...no...you are wrong YET AGAIN...it would be 376, not 368.

Dang boy..you fail math too?

your lame *** used 320*1.15......HAHA....yep.....you are a math genious.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04Terminator

I just read over it, I thought he meant that a regular 01 GT ran 13's... I stand corrected.

I just got off work, my dog bit me and I'm ******* tired. Cut me some slack.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm the stupid one?.......Yet you are the one that brought TWO cars into this conversation as your 'examples/experience'.

NUMBER ONE incorrect example: IRUNELEVENS said 4V Cobra's and Mach's (the topic at hand is Machs....why you would think FI cobra's...I'll never know, but common sense ain't so common anymore), then followed up with N/A cobra's on post #93.

FURTHERMORE - not 'everyone' thinks that. Because some people live in reality and can acknowledge the fact that N/A 4v's are not your avg. stang.
1.)My experience with them comes from lots of reading (except your posts), a friend that owns one, me driving one, and me smoking two.

2.)I couldn't care less about a pre '03 N/A Cobra. They worry me even less than a Mach.

3.)Speaking of school, sounds like you shouldn't have dropped out.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Maybe not, but most people that know LS1s are underrated don't go around saying that they have 305hp... especially if they dynoed higher than that. Most people that know about the underrating say that the LS1 is a 350hp engine for the most part.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

1.)My experience with them comes from lots of reading (except your posts), a friend that owns one, me driving one, and me smoking two.
SO you're a magazine racer...Got it. So, your friend owns one, you have 'driven one' and you 'smoked two'?....yep....you are so the expert...LOL.....keep singing that ignorant song jackass.

2.)I couldn't care less about a pre '03 N/A Cobra. They worry me even less than a Mach.
HAHA....see last statement above.

3.)Speaking of school, sounds like you shouldn't have dropped out.
Um......maybe you can't read either....cause my last few posts, owned your ***.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Maybe not, but most people that know LS1s are underrated don't go around saying that they have 305hp... especially if they dynoed higher than that. Most people that know about the underrating say that the LS1 is a 350hp engine for the most part.
Don't say that....by his math you are not correct...Let's also not forget teh fact that......he is your typical brand loyal idiot that can't see past his own hood emblem.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just read over it, I thought he meant that a regular 01 GT ran 13's... I stand corrected.

I just got off work, my dog bit me and I'm ******* tired. Cut me some slack.
crybaby.....