Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

E63 Amg

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E63 Amg

On my way to work this morning, a nice black E63 AMG rolled up next to me. I had just left a light and he was rolling up behind. He got next to me in the right lane, and I didn't realize it was an AMG until I glanced over.

I didn't think that he wanted to play, so I popped it in third at about 60. Then all of a sudden, the guy nails it! By the time reacted, he was pulling ahead. I spooled and started to hold him with my front bumper was at his rear door.

The jackass must've thought that I was way back and didn't bother to look because the next thing I know, he's pulling into my lane! I was right there at his rear door with nowhere to go but into the median. I lifted and let him take the lane, but got right back on it and stayed on his ***. That pissed me off!

We were both turning left with traffic ahead so no more racing. And to top things off, I had clouds of oil smoke coming from under the hood at the next stop light! I was thinking blown engine, but after I looked under the hood, it seemed as if there was some blow by leaking under the valve cover. (lots of miles on this one!)

I'll find him again! I know that they are running mid to low 12's, and I think I'm at least that right now. I thought for sure he was going to take the front of my car off when he started to come into my lane.

That was a really sucky way to start a Monday.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some idiots don't have any racing etiquette. One of the things you don't do is pull into some one else's lane while racing. a lot of people wont race you if they think you will do that and it also WILL get your *** whipped around here. Nice death if you want to call it that.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Yup, I'll call this one a death. A chase is a race, and he was ahead at the end, even if he cut me off. I'll see him again.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Launching!

He probably was not racing. He just wanted that lane, and since he has the high and mighty Merc, he just figured he was ahead of everyone after he floored it. Gotta love people who think HP makes up for mirrors.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

I thought that at first too, but he kept on it after he saw me on his tail.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Some idiots don't have any racing etiquette. One of the things you don't do is pull into some one else's lane while racing. a lot of people wont race you if they think you will do that and it also WILL get your *** whipped around here. Nice death if you want to call it that.
Well if we ever were to race.... just know that if I start to come in your lane its not done on purpose!!! Torque steer is a bitch!!!!! LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats a d***head move! swerving towards you like that...he knew thats the only way he was going to stay ahead-i hope hes out there lurking and listening
Old 08-07-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably wasn't trying to be an ***, just figured that there wasn't anything around that could keep up (and most of the time....he's right) and figured he was clear to get over. He's still a schmuck for not bothering to look first.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
He probably wasn't trying to be an ***, just figured that there wasn't anything around that could keep up (and most of the time....he's right) and figured he was clear to get over. He's still a schmuck for not bothering to look first.
So damn if it was me he might have not looked and clipped my rear bumper!!! Nah I probably would've been 3-4 cars ahead already!!! J/K
Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
I agree. He didn't do it on purpose, he just thought he was ahead and didn't bother to look. No matter how fast the car is that I'm driving, I'll always look because there is almost always someone faster out there.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

the dude has an E63, msrp 85.8k. you prolly shoulda taken the hit, have his insurance buy u a new ride and pay for your "chronic neck pain" that resulted from his reckless driving
Old 08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeenis
the dude has an E63, msrp 85.8k. you prolly shoulda taken the hit, have his insurance buy u a new ride and pay for your "chronic neck pain" that resulted from his reckless driving
I always think of that when rich people think they own the road..... but then theres always that death factor that makes me change my mind about taking the hit!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

haha "that death factor" haha Yea that might play a small role in your decision making...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah the "death factor" definitely outweighs the " rampage factor". man, i downshifted coming up to a light that turned green so i nailed it(bad move).well some dumb b***h ran her light,so i slammed my brakes but she still nailed my front end right before the wheel. she was going to try to drive off(in her expedition)but her front tire went rollin off i was ok so i got out talking s*** to her and she had a kid in the car ! how dumb can you be ?!but the point is my car ridin' so low to the ground was totaled but so was her big truck. you would be surprised what you can get out of without a scratch.my ears were ringing a little bit from the impact.