Old 06-03-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: anybody race a cop car?

Texas is a pretty big place.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

i would love to run with a cop.....i mean blow a cop away but my luck i would get a mean *** who would give me a ticket cause he was a sore loser.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny I see this topic I posted, had to run from some yesterday, story'll be in kill section!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

anyone done this recently? am very curious. the maryland B4C's are so hot...
Old 12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by timelord
,it was really cute
Too funny.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

yes, i raced a z28 trooper up here.. well more like he got up next to me and i was doing 65 at 2am on the highway... no one around really.. and he just suddenly took off to about 125+... then slowed down and waited up.. it was real.. no mistaking striping, lights, the hat they all wear with the silver uniform... we took off and i stayed in it for about 3 seconds before i thought to myself, "**** no, bad idea" and let off, he kept going and got off on next exit... was wierd...
Old 12-28-2004, 08:15 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I ran against a Crown Vic at the track 6 or 7 years ago just for fun[really cool cop].
They were 3 in the car and the trunk was full of gear[guns/vests/EMT gear] but they ran anyway.
They had never staged before so took a while to explain how it works.
The lights came down and I was off like a rocket,he had a lousy R.T. but left anyway,it was really cute because as soon as I took off he put his lights and siren on[nifty].
I ran mid 13. he ran 18.78 at 70 mph.
My wife videoed the run and it is one of my best souvenirs!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure GUNS wouldn't pass tech inspection .... I would love to see the crash, the fire, and the ensuing bulletts shooting everywhere.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
I'm pretty sure GUNS wouldn't pass tech inspection .... I would love to see the crash, the fire, and the ensuing bulletts shooting everywhere.
I dunno crazy stuff happens in the deep south. That would be a heck of a disaster though with guns and 3 people in a cop car crashing at the track.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Yeah ... I actually completely overlooked the 3 people as well .... are you allowed to have passengers in the car with you? I honestly have no idea, I don't think I have ever seen it happen though ...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I raced a cop back in high school, but unknowingly. It was a confiscated TPI Z28, like late 80's. I had a small block 78 Malibu that I thought was fast. He lined up at the light, and we raced. I put about 2-3 cars on him after about a block or so, then he hit the siren. I pulled over, another cop was driving by and stoped. Long speech - "stay in school, dont do drugs, drive safely...." and he let me go. He was being real cool before the second car showed up, then those guys wanted him to write me a ticket. They left, then he let me go.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Last Monday I had just finished my last set of finals and I was making my ~45 mile commute home and I was stopped at a stoplight on a four lane highway when a white Impalla (I mistook it for a Camry at first) pulls up next to me on the adjacent lane. I normally take off at a fair rate because thats the way I drive, well I guess this guy thought I wanted to race because I see that the Imaplla is keeping up. So about then I decide I will play along too so I gave it a bit more gas through second and he is still keeping up, so I shift into third and floor it and I put about a bus length on him when I shut down at 70. I look in my mirror to see the Impalla lane change into my lane and I see red and blue lights at the top of his windshield. So my heart speeds up and I a set of mild panic sets in. I pull over where the two lanes merge and this blonde guy gets out (looks like he was in his early 20s) with a big grin on his face. I notice the undercover badge hanging on a necklace and I am sure that I will get reckless driving at the least. He comes up to the car and asks me "What's goin on man?" "Not much." I reply. He aks me where I'm going and I tell him the name of my town (its extremely tiny and I could tell from his expression that he had never heard of it) he asks me wher e I live and I give him the same answer. He then says "don't be racin no cops dude" I say "I thought you were racin' me" he replies saying "I was until I realize I couldn't keep up so I decided to pull you over and see what you said" I was certain he would let me off so I answer back saying "You scared the crap outta me man!" He again says "don't be racin' no cops" I say "allright" and then he followed me until the next town where he turned off into a shopping center. He was the most cool cop I've ever met, hands down. I was driving my 2002 Z28 M6.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:34 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

i ran a few back on my old gsxr 750 and my old zx11. got away both times
Old 12-28-2004, 10:50 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Default Trucks have fun too...

My experience...click here

Zed
Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran against a Crown Vic at the track 6 or 7 years ago just for fun[really cool cop].
They were 3 in the car and the trunk was full of gear[guns/vests/EMT gear] but they ran anyway.
They had never staged before so took a while to explain how it works.
The lights came down and I was off like a rocket,he had a lousy R.T. but left anyway,it was really cute because as soon as I took off he put his lights and siren on[nifty].
I ran mid 13. he ran 18.78 at 70 mph.
My wife videoed the run and it is one of my best souvenirs!!!!!!!!
dude, post this!
i can even provide space on my server for free hosting, if needed
but i need to see this
Old 12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yep..ran one of the newer Crown Vics with my near stock LT1 (had a few minor mods at the time).. what a joke!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a cop once. He was from a surrounding ghetto basically and he was way out of his jurisdiction. It was just a crown vic. I pissed on him severly.

...and yes, you most certainly CAN outrun a radio. I haven't personally (would attempt it) but I have several friends who would do it on a regular basis. One in particular used to do it intentionally for kicks.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

A buddy and I were racing on 45 south and came over the FM 2351 bridge in 5th gear when I happened to notice the DPS stang sitting on the downside of the overpass. He hit his lights and we stayed in it, exited at Eldorado, went around the s-curve, ran the red light and he was just exiting the freeway as we went over I-45. We both jumped into the nearest apartment complex and parked the vehicles, walked across the street to the stop and go and watched as numerous DPS and constables tore up and down Eldorado for about 30 minutes.......THAT WAS AWESOME!

One of the biggest epinephrine rushes I have ever had!

P.S. I was ahead of my friend when we exited!!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta

One of the biggest epinephrine rushes I have ever had!
Epinephrine huh? And to think I only get adrenaline rushes.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:16 AM
Teching In

There is a state trooper in austin that has a 5.0 cop car and claims he can run 11's .Its for racing only i think he showed me one of those police cards with a pic of it.Also when i lived in dallas area i saw a saleen police car and a t/a ls1 police car
Old 12-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Launching!

There is a Z28 state trooper that lives in my apartments that I would like race. I just don't think he will.