Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by Cocky cop in Lansing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Killed by Cocky cop in Lansing.

Not your normal kill story , but I was killed by this axxhole cop in Lansing today.
My brother-in-law,his friend and i were on our way home and stopped at red light right next to a cop. Dude was in the right turn lane and stopped before i did and he did not turn-just sat there.
Well traffic stopped and then inched forward a couple car lengths and so did i. Problem is it is an uphill intersection and i have a 3600 stall vertor with No cats and wide open Borla with Dynomax bullet in "I" pipe(this thing gets loud). Soon as i inch forward the cop stared at me. Light turns green and the MINI-VAN in front of me goes ,well so do i. I just matched his speed and when i had moved far enough forward the COP pulled right behind me and turned on those wonderful lights ! I stopped and this guy was a true HARD-ON! Tells me i got his attention and wanted all the normal info,when i asked why he stopped me he say i got his attention and i knew why?????? So i asked again. He told me EXABITION (sp) driving. So i told him about the "highstall convetor" then he said i was too close to the van in front of me! when i dissagreed and told him he could not possibly see how close i was from behind me about 1.5-2 cars behind ,he gave me a ticket for CARELESS driving and then another for not signing my REGISTRATION.

Needless to say i am fighting this guy in court. I never even got to 20mph and there is no way i was driving CARELESS. what an a-- hole.

KILLED BY COP!!!!
Sorry so long , just needed to vent!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Killed by Cocky cop in Lansing.

Damn, dude. I would be PISSED!!!!!! What an *******. Typical ***** trying to find a way to compensate for his small pee pee. I am certain they send those guys to "How to be the biggest ***** on the face of this Earth" class. Good luck and ya might think about a lawyer.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks man,Lawyer is already taken care of! This means war!!
I will not accept a 4-point ticket and atleast $200 dollar fine for this guy being a ********. Off to court i go. I never even broke 20 mph or the tires loose for that matter!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn pig. most cops were just losers as kids and try and get back at everyone. i feel sorry for the nice guys who became cops.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

that sucks, be careful fighting it though I don't think you want it to come out you have no cats on your car. Removing emmisions equipment is a big no-no.
Hyperlite you sure have alot of anger built up towards the police
Old 05-24-2003, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

From a visual only stand point , I have cats. they are just hollowed out. But at least are still on the car. I agree most cops SEEM to be jerks,definately not all though. This guy takes the cake for sure.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

i would also go to his department and make a complant to his LT.you may not want to do this but every little bit does help when you are going to see him in court. the careless driving is but not signing the registration may hold up. GOODLUCK TO YA MAN.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Mike.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya i definently got some anger built up towards cops. all my tickets i have ever gotten were infractions, so everytime i cop has pulled me over its because no front license plate, window tint, clear blinkers... or somewhere along the lines of that bs. i just dont get what there problem is, just because i am a young kid in a nice truck they *** with me. the other night, my freind got pulled over for reving his engine. the cop tryed to give him a street racing ticket! so alot of arguing later he let my freind off with a "following too close". cuz he knew he couldnt pin anything on us. i dont "hate" cops, we need em. its just everytime i have gotten pulled over its cuz of chickenshit reasons
Old 05-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

meanwhile, a 7-11 is being robbed at gunpoint while a cop is writing you a ticket for 'no front tag' 'reving your engine'
Old 05-24-2003, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

From my experience cops represent a pretty good cross section of society--some are really cool people and some are, well, not. Really sucks about what happened, though, I would definetly take that one to court.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Don't be too mad. This guy who lives at my brothers apartment complex is a cop. Some times he comes out and talks to us when we are working on the cars. He said he make $8.40 and hour. No sh*t. Me and my brother just look at each other. And to top it off he is on leave cause he had been shot in the knee by some guy. So just feel sorry for these guys. I know what you mean though with the anger thing. I had a violence toward a police officer charge dropped, cause the cop that started everything was known for starting **** with people. I got my share of licks in. But I can't describe what one of those billy club things feels like, you know the one that extends and has a metal ball on the end. Especially when they hit you in the stomach after you are hand cuffed. What dicks....
Old 05-26-2003, 03:42 AM
TECH Resident

The thing is called a Jimmy Stick.

I think officers should be just as liable for their actions as Civilians. If he tries to start **** and starts a fight his *** should be booked like anyone else. I mean, wouldn't our current way make him above the law?

I think they should also be held responsible for bogus tickets. Ex) I was in a target parkinglot about a month ago and this cop pulled some guy over in the parkinglot for not wearing a seatbelt. The driver was like, "WTF, I'm not required to buckle up on private property" and the cop said, "I don't give a ****, I've gotta write someone a ticket before I go home."
Old 05-26-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't be too mad. This guy who lives at my brothers apartment complex is a cop. Some times he comes out and talks to us when we are working on the cars. He said he make $8.40 and hour. No sh*t. Me and my brother just look at each other. And to top it off he is on leave cause he had been shot in the knee by some guy. So just feel sorry for these guys. I know what you mean though with the anger thing. I had a violence toward a police officer charge dropped, cause the cop that started everything was known for starting **** with people. I got my share of licks in. But I can't describe what one of those billy club things feels like, you know the one that extends and has a metal ball on the end. Especially when they hit you in the stomach after you are hand cuffed. What dicks....
Yeah that's a crappy salary alright but nobody forces somebody to be a cop, he chose what he wanted to do... SOME of them are cool but many of them are dicks. I realise they deal with crappy people every day, but that doesn't mean EVERY person they deal with needs to be treated like crap.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

i have been pulled over and gotten BS tickets, yet, at the same time i been let go out of speeding tickets. And last fall i got caught red handed street racing and the cop let the 2 of us go!! he said he was glad to see some American muscle rather then those damn riceburners!!
Old 05-27-2003, 03:51 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your lawyer kicks that bitch's ***. Cops like that give the decent ones a bad rep.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I believe that it's stupid to ever argue with cops. I just think it's a big no-no. There is no need to acknowledge that you are wrong but there is no need to tell them they are wrong either. I think the best strategy if you are ever pulled over is to be quiet and behave as if you are facing a bull - careful, don't jump, make soft moves, answer questions clearly and intelligently. Most of the time cop is not 100% sure he's going to give you a ticket. And your purpose in this type of encounter is to drive away with no ticket, not to prove anything to him. You could be right, but do you really want to go to court and prove it or do you simply want to forget about the incident and not waist your time? I was pulled over many times and got my fare share of tickets, but all tickets I got were speeding when I was driving speedlimit +25-30mph. On several occasions cop would stop me, check me out and after seeing that I'm a normal person, just tell me to slow down and would let me go..

Old 05-28-2003, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Iv Z28- I totally agree with the lay low and be calm part. I have gotten out of many "interviews" with cops without a ticket,but this guy starts with me about "Exhibition driving and following too close " I was not about to sit there and allow that. And by this time i knew this HARD-ON was going to screw me . I will set the court date and plead my case to so one other than this EGO-MANIAC. I am not working right now and have nothing but time on my hands.

Thanks for all your posts guys. I'm not hating all cops just this *****!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sure - this guy was an obvious a-hole, and now it's time to put all hell on him. I'm just saying that while in the act it's best to do everything possible to avoid confrontation and be agreeable even if that means his story is wrong. One thing - do not however ever aknowledge anything - the stupidiest mistake in my life was when I had an accident and spinned on ice-covered bridge on highway in Massachusetts... when cop arrived I couldn't yet recollect myself and when he asked me what speed I was driving I said - speedlimit, just following the traffic, and he asked - what's the speedlimit? - I said- 65 - which is a normal speedlimit on MA highways, however in that particular place it was 45mph, so he immediately gave me a ticket for 65/45 and there was nothing I could do - judge upheld the ticket...
Old 05-28-2003, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah, yeah, same thing about hating goes to court - do not ever show the judge that you have any personal feelings toward that cop. That's just IMO, but I'd be friendly to the cop [in the courtroom, not outside] and all you need is to show the judge that cop made a mistake.
On the other hand, if your cop is an idiot he'll continue to behave like an a-hole in court and that's a sure way to turn judge to your side.