Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

I've been doing good here lately, the weather has cooled a ton and alot of cars are out. I was driving home from Winston yesterday afternoon and I spotted a mustang in front of me getting on the highway. As I got closer I could see that there was no cuts in the bumper for the exhaust so I thought "oh it's a six" So I kept my speed swapped lanes and cotinued to pass like any other car.

When we got close enough to make out the badges My fiance screamed "its a GT500!" So as I pull around the guy I look over at him he smiles, but didn't act on it. I put my car back in cruise and pull up to where is is on my back bumper and he hits it to pull up and cuts in front of me. This was because a truck was in his lane.
So when he got in front he blinks his reverse lights and nails it again. I hit it pulled to his bumper had to back off, mash it again 3/4 throttle on his bumper and holding in third. I pass the second truck swap lanes, I then pull ahead 5 cars before I shut down. The guy comes back buy and gave the thumbs up as did we.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
I've been doing good here lately, the weather has cooled a ton and alot of cars are out. I was driving home from Winston yesterday afternoon and I spotted a mustang in front of me getting on the highway. As I got closer I could see that there was no cuts in the bumper for the exhaust so I thought "oh it's a six" So I kept my speed swapped lanes and cotinued to pass like any other car.

When we got close enough to make out the badges My fiance screamed "its a GT500!" So as I pull around the guy I look over at him he smiles, but didn't act on it. I put my car back in cruise and pull up to where is is on my back bumper and he hits it to pull up and cuts in front of me. This was because a truck was in his lane.
So when he got in front he blinks his reverse lights and nails it again. I hit it pulled to his bumper had to back off, mash it again 3/4 throttle on his bumper and holding in third. I pass the second truck swap lanes, I then pull ahead 5 cars before I shut down. The guy comes back buy and gave the thumbs up as did we.
Woot, Good stuff there! It's good to see you posting. Sure do miss those stories.

Especially the neighbor's porshe. Speaking of him, guess he doesn't talk about racing anymore eh, rofl? I guess he gave up racing that dinosaur?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill... you must be making some good power to push a GT500 around like that
Old 09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I didn't know reverse lights could be "blinked"......

Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG

I didn't know reverse lights could be "blinked"......

You mean you don't try to throw your car in reverse going down the interstate? Come on man! Everyone's doing it!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Putting the car in reverse helps to spool the supercharger.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Putting the car in reverse helps to spool the supercharger.
I hate it when you have to spool up a supercharger
Old 09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill! I have taken my buddies gt500 when it was stock for a ride and it didnt impress me all that much, felt about as fast as my cammed 98 z28 (approx 370 rwhp). However, he had a pulley swap, cai, full exhaust, and tune done and man did it wake the beast up!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

I haven't been very impressed with the STOCK GT500's. Now everyone look before this starts a Ford/Chevy war, I said STOCK.

Few weeks ago my friend in his C6 Vette raced a stock GT500 and got it by a couple cars. I would have liked to see how I would far against one since I can get my friend by quite a few cars.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill.
Mustangs are slow.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Nice kill! I have taken my buddies gt500 when it was stock for a ride and it didnt impress me all that much, felt about as fast as my cammed 98 z28 (approx 370 rwhp). However, he had a pulley swap, cai, full exhaust, and tune done and man did it wake the beast up!
its insane how well they respond to minimal mods
Old 09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Teching In

I killed a pullied one with exhaust the other night, well didn't kill, slowly walked it. It was in the 11's easy, so I am sure it have asome work. Sounded great, love the SC whine.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Um.....I am confused.....you said there was no 'cut outs'..yet it was a gt500?...that is a contradiction.

BTW - all stangs have cutouts..just a matter of one or two cut outs. Unless I am missing something.

Please clarify.....nice kill on whatever it was.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Good kill.
Mustangs are slow.
Yep....we're all slow.

But answer me this:.....how slow is OBSOLETE?. Just curious...since I haven't seen any camaro sells figures lately.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

'sells figures'?

Your typing skills are obsolete!

Dan
Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Good kill.
Mustangs are slow.
Just curious, do you actually intend to contribute anything positive
to LS1Tech or is your intent merely to troll? Let me know, if it's
the latter, I'll be glad to show you the door.

Nice kill on the GT500. They don't impress me all the much in stock
trim either from a performance standpoint.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
'sells figures'?

Your typing skills are obsolete!

Dan
oh great..the grammar police.........local always digs on stangs.....for some reason though..I find his posts rather amusing as opposed to offensive and ignorant like most that talk crap about stangs.

And please don't dig on grammar. Cause (yes, not because) if you do, I'll go 'your lady on the rag' on your butt and nit pick like you wouldn't believe. Assuming you have a lady.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
Nice kill on the GT500. They don't impress me all the much in stock
trim either from a performance standpoint.
I think they are alot like the terminators. Not the greatest or quickest out of the box....but toss a few bolt ons on..and watch the f.uck out.

And I am still wondering what car the OP killed...if it didnt' have cutouts, is he sure it was a real GT500. They have so much aftermarket crap out now....in fact, I just saw a sixer with a side tipped exhaust...stuck out past the tires/rims. Quite ricey actually.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

As I said, stock, nothing impressive.

MILD mods and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! They have great potential
Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

anybody got a pic of the rear of one of those new GT500s? so that we can ask if thats what the OP saw?

i still havnt raced on of these..but i would assume they are a pretty good challenge for the power they are suppose to put down.