Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
no mod list = rice and makes this kill story pointless.
+1

I raced a bike in my trike.... it had a custon pedal sproket, smaller front wheel and bigger rear wheels to give it that rakish look and a electric motor on the rear that added like 500rwtq. It was hard keeping the front wheel down. Can't wait till i start modding my big wheel! Looked just like the trike Stewie Griffin had, the bike was a custom He-Man editon Huffy!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
no mod list = rice and makes this kill story pointless.
Go tell any street racer or track guy to list all of their mods for you and watch them BS you, laugh at you, or **** on your tires. Letting everyone know what you have done is an easy way to get hustled

A couple bolt-ons and wide street tires... I need some Mickeys or Nittos.

94mustang - sounds sweet, any pics?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well first off the Saleen blowers aren't that great... and they only run 5psi with the stock pulley. Second, the Vortech is a much more efficient design, and people usually run those @ about 8psi.
We normally agree, but I think you may have Saleen mixed up with Roush...
The saleen is a twin screw, not a roots. It is extremely efficient.

Op, good kills. Sure would like a mod list...
Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Good kills!

LOL, I definitely wouldn't say that, just because a 4.6 GT has a Vortech, it will make 400 RWHP. My buddy had a 1999 Saleen with a Vortech and he could only hit 403 on race gas with 13 lbs of boost. On pump gas my 344 rwhp Z28 pulled him. There's another guy around here with a Vortech on his 2003 GT and it makes in the 370 range with more bolt-ons than my friend had. Obviously it's possible for one to hit 400 with a Vortech and bolt-ons, but I wouldn't assume that one had that much just because he had the mods.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
We normally agree, but I think you may have Saleen mixed up with Roush...
The saleen is a twin screw, not a roots. It is extremely efficient.

Op, good kills. Sure would like a mod list...
He was probably refering to the New Edge saleens.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kills!

LOL, I definitely wouldn't say that, just because a 4.6 GT has a Vortech, it will make 400 RWHP. My buddy had a 1999 Saleen with a Vortech and he could only hit 403 on race gas with 13 lbs of boost. On pump gas my 344 rwhp Z28 pulled him. There's another guy around here with a Vortech on his 2003 GT and it makes in the 370 range with more bolt-ons than my friend had. Obviously it's possible for one to hit 400 with a Vortech and bolt-ons, but I wouldn't assume that one had that much just because he had the mods.
There are too many variables...(regarding your post and his). A saleen with 13psi, should easily be over 400. If not, something is wrong....tune or otherwise....or it could be a mustang Dyno vs. Dynojet. I sure hope he has forged internals...or plans on it. 13psi on stock long block it not a good idea, IMO. Pending boost on that '03, I can def. see only 370, even with more mods.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
He was probably refering to the New Edge saleens.
Saleen Series IV, V and VI all have Compressors from Whipple.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Saleen Series IV, V and VI all have Compressors from Whipple.
But they aren't T.S.'s.....the standard series blower was only rated at 5psi.

Maybe I am missing something....cause you certainly know more about saleens than I do.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Go tell any street racer or track guy to list all of their mods for you and watch them BS you, laugh at you, or **** on your tires. Letting everyone know what you have done is an easy way to get hustled

A couple bolt-ons and wide street tires... I need some Mickeys or Nittos.

94mustang - sounds sweet, any pics?
I have to agree with the OP on this one. Since when is not wanting to list your mods considered "rice"??? That's a totally new concept to me, especially if you have a lot of local people on the forum that you may or may not end up racing.

I know plenty of people who are the farthest thing from ricers who won't tell you much about their cars because they like to go out there and run without everyone already knowing what the outcome should be (especially if they race for money). I'd much rather pull up next to a Mustang I've never seen before and run it without knowing what the outcome will be than some car that I've heard a bunch about or know every mod of. It's all part of the fun; not rice at all.

Now, that said, if someone calls him out in a race after he posted all of these videos/kills and he refuses to do it, THAT would be rice.

OP, don't give in to their nonsensical taunts.

By the way, I understand that you guys want to know the mod list, but he obviously doesn't want it posted on here, so why don't you guys PM him and see if he'll tell you that way so it remains a secret?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I have to agree with the OP on this one. Since when is not wanting to list your mods considered "rice"??? That's a totally new concept to me, especially if you have a lot of local people on the forum that you may or may not end up racing.

I know plenty of people who are the farthest thing from ricers who won't tell you much about their cars because they like to go out there and run without everyone already knowing what the outcome should be (especially if they race for money). I'd much rather pull up next to a Mustang I've never seen before and run it without knowing what the outcome will be than some car that I've heard a bunch about or know every mod of. It's all part of the fun; not rice at all.

Now, that said, if someone calls him out in a race after he posted all of these videos/kills and he refuses to do it, THAT would be rice.

OP, don't give in to their nonsensical taunts.

By the way, I understand that you guys want to know the mod list, but he obviously doesn't want it posted on here, so why don't you guys PM him and see if he'll tell you that way so it remains a secret?
I think not telling someone your mods is sneaky and rediculous, especially if you dont' tell the other guy AFTER a race. Run what you brung. If it's not enough..mod up. Talking mods and cars is part of the sport and fun.

HOWEVER...having said that.........listing mods in a signature is FAR from rice. There is a difference in listing them online, and shootin' the **** with a fellow local racer.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=ponygt65;7896894]But they aren't T.S.'s.....the standard series blower was only rated at 5psi.
QUOTE]

The charger stays the same...only the pulley chages. JDM is a great source of info.

especially if you dont' tell the other guy AFTER a race.
I would agree with that. ^^^^
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
***Repost Police***

Maybe I am missing something....cause you certainly know more about saleens than I do.
I might be getting something mixed up there, but I know my buddy used to have an S281-SC (maybe '03?) and he always complained about the blower and the troubles he was having with it.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I might be getting something mixed up there, but I know my buddy used to have an S281-SC (maybe '03?) and he always complained about the blower and the troubles he was having with it.
I guess anything can have problems. The series VI are actually excellent pieces. If i had a 3V I wanted to supercharge, the only charger I would personally consider over the Saleen is a KB.

Sorry for the off topic post...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

The charger stays the same...only the pulley chages. JDM is a great source of info.
I meant that as two different statements...the blower are roots with the whipple condensor..no? I have to be missing something.....it's Friday...brain farts rule. And....5 psi for standard setup.
Should have clarified.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Good Kills ..... u must have quite a few mods to run with a full bolt-on and supercharged 4.6. If it was a gt its would easily be a 400rwhp/360rwtq.
i thought the 4.6 was a GT , and you make it sound like 400 is alot. well i guess for a stang it is
Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by supersickss
i thought the 4.6 was a GT , and you make it sound like 400 is alot. well i guess for a stang it is
I just find the whole post odd! He's willing to give the mod list of every car he raced and even got upset about the guy saying he had an LS1 .... but won't mention any of his mods?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by supersickss
News flash....Gt's aren't the only Ford car with a 4.6. just like they aren't the only mustang with a 4.6, just like not all 4.6s are 2V.

And thanks for the laugh on the last part......coming from someone with 330RWHP.

ANd as nice as it is to have high HP, it's not everything when it comes to drag racing.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And thanks for the laugh on the last part......coming from someone with 330RWHP.
HAHAHA!!! I was going to say the same exact thing!

All I meant by my comments was that if the guy races a lot in his area and people in his area frequent the board, I can understand why he doesn't want his mod list getting out there. To me, I like racing something when I don't know if I'm going to win or not. I've got nothing against people wanting to tell me all about their car and I also have nothing against people wanting to keep it a secret (I DO like to talk about them afterwards, if nothing else, though). I just see why he doesn't want to post it on one of the biggest car forums on the internet; I don't think that's "ricer" of him. It's just how he prefers to play the game!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:30 AM

There are too many variables...(regarding your post and his). A saleen with 13psi, should easily be over 400. If not, something is wrong....tune or otherwise....or it could be a mustang Dyno vs. Dynojet. I sure hope he has forged internals...or plans on it. 13psi on stock long block it not a good idea, IMO. Pending boost on that '03, I can def. see only 370, even with more mods.
There are too many variables in my post for what? My buddy did make over 400 with 13 PSI, but it needed race gas. And he does have stock internals, hence the reason he dropped the boost level and lost a ton of power. The whole point of my post was to show that just because a GT has a Vortech blower, it doesn't mean it will automatically have 400 to the wheels. Some obviously will, but it's not a given.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:35 AM

I think not telling someone your mods is sneaky and rediculous, especially if you dont' tell the other guy AFTER a race. Run what you brung. If it's not enough..mod up. Talking mods and cars is part of the sport and fun.

HOWEVER...having said that.........listing mods in a signature is FAR from rice. There is a difference in listing them online, and shootin' the **** with a fellow local racer.
The original poster obviously races a ton. Once he tells one person his mods, then everyone will know them. Trust me, I use to do alot of street racing and I only told a couple people my mods. Before long I had people I've never met before tell me my mods and my hp, etc. Here's a hint: People Talk. That means that if he tells the guy after the race, then he'll go and tell others, or the people standing around watching might be the ones he's racing next week and they'll know.

Just because you want to know what he has done doesn't mean he's required to tell you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping it a secret.

However, some people like to BS on what they have. I disagree with that. Either tell or don't, but do not lie about your mods. (obviously this last statement isn't directed toward anyone in this post, just an observation from my experiences street racing.)

Quick Reply: My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger