Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
not impressed?? How can you not be impressed by a SUV that runs that good... an SUV

****, i'm impressed, and it would be a joke in comparison to my car
I am impressed by my Trailblazer SS that runs good.

Just not the chargers.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I think not telling someone your mods is sneaky and rediculous, especially if you dont' tell the other guy AFTER a race. Run what you brung. If it's not enough..mod up. Talking mods and cars is part of the sport and fun.

HOWEVER...having said that.........listing mods in a signature is FAR from rice. There is a difference in listing them online, and shootin' the **** with a fellow local racer.
Not telling mods before the race is half the fun, keep eachother guessing and make it more interesting. When I first saw the stang I was thinking oh ****, if he has a blower on it he probably also has built motor, spray, etc. When I found out it was just boltons and a blower.. well that's kind of weak.

Nobody said listing mods in sig is rice.. i think you got it confused with someone saying not telling mods is rice.

I told the guy exactly what I had after we raced, lifted the hoods, etc and BS with him for a while. He is from a couple hours away, not worried . When i first saw him I told him it wasn't stock, and we werent going for money or anything just for fun so I don't feel that anyone was hustled
Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
I just find the whole post odd! He's willing to give the mod list of every car he raced and even got upset about the guy saying he had an LS1 .... but won't mention any of his mods?
I was like WTF when the guy said he had an LS1 because it seems like his parents just bought the car for him, he didn't know **** about it, and he read through the manual the v8 version of the car was the "ls1" mod.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The original poster obviously races a ton. Once he tells one person his mods, then everyone will know them. Trust me, I use to do alot of street racing and I only told a couple people my mods. Before long I had people I've never met before tell me my mods and my hp, etc. Here's a hint: People Talk. That means that if he tells the guy after the race, then he'll go and tell others, or the people standing around watching might be the ones he's racing next week and they'll know.

Just because you want to know what he has done doesn't mean he's required to tell you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping it a secret.
You and PewterScreaminMach have it down
Old 10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are too many variables in my post for what? My buddy did make over 400 with 13 PSI, but it needed race gas. And he does have stock internals, hence the reason he dropped the boost level and lost a ton of power. The whole point of my post was to show that just because a GT has a Vortech blower, it doesn't mean it will automatically have 400 to the wheels. Some obviously will, but it's not a given.
Um...13 psi is dropping the boost?....stock internals with 13 psi = new motor. It's that simple. They don't even have a forged crank. All I am saying is you said bolt ons??...ok...what bolt ons...and what did his graph look like, who tuned it, and on what dyno. it's a simple fact...GTs make 400 RWHP with basic bolt ons with 10 psi....so 13 psi?..?

The original poster obviously races a ton. Once he tells one person his mods, then everyone will know them. Trust me, I use to do alot of street racing and I only told a couple people my mods. Before long I had people I've never met before tell me my mods and my hp, etc. Here's a hint: People Talk. That means that if he tells the guy after the race, then he'll go and tell others, or the people standing around watching might be the ones he's racing next week and they'll know.

Just because you want to know what he has done doesn't mean he's required to tell you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping it a secret.

However, some people like to BS on what they have. I disagree with that. Either tell or don't, but do not lie about your mods. (obviously this last statement isn't directed toward anyone in this post, just an observation from my experiences street racing.)
Well....that's great, but that is assuming street racing is a life...tureto. for that 10 seconds or less...get my point?....If you feel the need to hide your freakin mods and the power you're putting down, then you are taking street racing WAY TOO serious. Besides....if any of those street racers woudl actually go the track..tehy would know, that rwhp and a list of mods means jack **** when it comes to racing...street or strip.

You are right that no one is required to tell....it's called mutual respect. ANd respect for the sport.....too many freakin street racin thugs out there now-a-days.....welcome to slow and delirious.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Not telling mods before the race is half the fun, keep eachother guessing and make it more interesting. When I first saw the stang I was thinking oh ****, if he has a blower on it he probably also has built motor, spray, etc. When I found out it was just boltons and a blower.. well that's kind of weak.

Nobody said listing mods in sig is rice.. i think you got it confused with someone saying not telling mods is rice.

I told the guy exactly what I had after we raced, lifted the hoods, etc and BS with him for a while. He is from a couple hours away, not worried . When i first saw him I told him it wasn't stock, and we werent going for money or anything just for fun so I don't feel that anyone was hustled
Exactly...I am not saying tell your list at the street light or whatever...just at least be 'willing' to stop and BS with the person if they want to. If you feel the need to lie or hide your mods..then you are afraid to lose. It's truely that simple. If you are afraid to lose, then don't race...especially for $$
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned

It has evolved a ways from the 14.9 bone stock with stereo system 2.73 car it was the day I bought it 2 months ago.

Next up - nitrous.
14.9 stock?
With your LT1?

Which pedal where ya pushin?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnzilla
14.9 stock?
With your LT1?

C'mon you know thats the best time youve ever heard for a stock lt1, they usually run mid-15s. J/K
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Why does it matter if he don't list his mods....... That is definitely not rice. Ricers usually tell you they have mods that they don't have or their car is faster than what it is. He is actually the Antirice

If I had people I would race on these boards I doubt I would list any mods either..... so chill and don't call bs
Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Um...13 psi is dropping the boost?....stock internals with 13 psi = new motor. It's that simple. They don't even have a forged crank. All I am saying is you said bolt ons??...ok...what bolt ons...and what did his graph look like, who tuned it, and on what dyno. it's a simple fact...GTs make 400 RWHP with basic bolt ons with 10 psi....so 13 psi?..?

Well....that's great, but that is assuming street racing is a life...tureto. for that 10 seconds or less...get my point?....If you feel the need to hide your freakin mods and the power you're putting down, then you are taking street racing WAY TOO serious. Besides....if any of those street racers woudl actually go the track..tehy would know, that rwhp and a list of mods means jack **** when it comes to racing...street or strip.

You are right that no one is required to tell....it's called mutual respect. ANd respect for the sport.....too many freakin street racin thugs out there now-a-days.....welcome to slow and delirious.
If you read my post, my friend had 13 PSI. He knew that was too much and he dropped it...FROM 13. I'm not sure how far he dropped it, but it was slow after that. Only able to trap 108ish in the 1/4.

Also, how does me having some fun street racing in the past and not telling people my mods make me "Tureto" or make street racing a "way of life"? It sounds like you are just a bitter person who is looking for a reason to argue. How about you chill out. If you don't like the street racing gig, then don't post in the street racing section.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, this is turning into some huge thing, huh? All I was saying is that it is in no way "rice" to not want to list your mods on the internet, especially on a site where you know local street racers frequent (whether for money or not). And although everyone wants to see his mod list, pretty much everyone who has posted since then seems to agree with me.

I offered a simple solution of asking the guy to PM you his mods, because if street racing is not your life (as you seem to imply), then that exchange should suffice.

And by the way, who the hell are you to come into the "STREET RACING" section and tell someone that they are taking STREET RACING way to seriously? And who the hell are you to come into the "STREET RACING" section and make fun of somone because you think they are implying that street racing was a "way of life" for them, even if that's what they WERE implying?

The guy doesn't want to list his damn mods. Get over it and move onto the next thread.

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR

You could just PM him for his damn mods like I suggested in the first place, if he'll even give them to you now that you ruined his damn thread.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Been a busy couple of weeks for my little LT1 car. So far on stock motor and limited weight reduction (spare, !EGR, !AIR, etc) I have a decent kill list going.

And then....... the mustang. A full boltons + vortech blower mustang pulls up beside me at a stop light. I was at first thinking eh another 4.6. I heard him rev it a little bit and heard the whistle. Oh ****, is my thoughts. To my suprise I killed him out of the light up to about 50 where I let off.

Pulled in to a parking lot and talked to him for a little bit and went out to a better place to race. His car definatly traps higher but out of the hole he has nothing on me (on a good surface.) I usually don't spin the 315s too much but I wasn't hooking untill 2nd on the road we raced on.

The first race I hooked and had him by a couple cars by 70, and by 120 I still was holding on to a car ahead before we shut off. I wish I would have got it on camera, but oh well.

The race I did film I got a bad launch and you can see him jump on me very much so and hold about a car-1.5 before i started staying with him.

I don't have video of the other races and I'll keep it short, so here are the outcomes

The following were at a
Boltons 02 TA - had him by 3-4 cars in the quarter
4.6 cobra, unsure of mods, extensive on drag radials - 4-5 cars in quarter
Stock 98 TA, this time all i did was spin. Spun through 1st and 2nd completely and still had him by a half car or so.

Just the other night I raced a new SRT8 charger. Those things are baddd . From a dig on his road all I did was spin spin spin and he put a good 4-5 cars on me. On a different road from a dig I didn't spin near as much and had a length on him before we both shut off due to oncoming cars. We raced again from a 10 roll and I immediatly put 2-3 cars on him and held it up to 100 before I shut off. He bitched about his car being a dog from a dig and wanted to go from a 30. Well due to my auto and gears, at 30 i am almost ready to hit 2nd. I did it anyways, we went form a 30 and like I knew it i hit 2nd almost instantly. I had put about 1/2 car on him before it hit 2nd, when I hit 2nd he was side by side with me, and by the time we shut off I was about a fender ahead of him. Not sure of mods but that car RAN.

Anyways, enjoy, comment if you wanna.
Up to 50mph is a race/kill? Never knew...

What year was the cobra? Pulling a 03/04 and putting 4 - 5 lengths on him would make you one quick *** ****, but being able to only put 1.5 on a TA right after him even tho you spun just doesnt add up...not starting problems, just wanna know the facts...I will agree with one thing tho, not telling someone your mods when you are going to race someone is straight up girly ****...Why lie to someone if you want to to be a GOOD race...had a dude in an 02 SS pull up @ my local meet and asked me if i wanted to run...I asked him what he had done and he said he was "stock" Well by just hearing him pull in you knew he had SOMETHING done...told him all i had was exhaust and if hes stock, he shouldnt be asking me to race...Come to find out the dude had a tune, intake, exhaust, No2 and some other stuff, just dont see the point in lying to someone just to win a street race...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wasn't trying to stir up anything about no mods = rice lol...That's awesome you guy's bsed after the race and you lifted hoods
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
14.9 stock?
With your LT1?

Considering the shitty weather here and track conditions LT1s run anywhere from 14.8-15.2 stock and ls1s run 13.8-14 stock. I raced a 2000 Camaro with a programmer at the track that was going 13.9s, and a 2002 Camaro that was going 13.8s (unsure of mod, probably just a good running stock ls1)
Old 10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedfireVNM
Up to 50mph is a race/kill? Never knew...

What year was the cobra? Pulling a 03/04 and putting 4 - 5 lengths on him would make you one quick *** ****, but being able to only put 1.5 on a TA right after him even tho you spun just doesnt add up...not starting problems, just wanna know the facts...I will agree with one thing tho, not telling someone your mods when you are going to race someone is straight up girly ****...Why lie to someone if you want to to be a GOOD race...had a dude in an 02 SS pull up @ my local meet and asked me if i wanted to run...I asked him what he had done and he said he was "stock" Well by just hearing him pull in you knew he had SOMETHING done...told him all i had was exhaust and if hes stock, he shouldnt be asking me to race...Come to find out the dude had a tune, intake, exhaust, No2 and some other stuff, just dont see the point in lying to someone just to win a street race...
Up to 50mph because we were on the largest/most busy street in town with a 35mph speed limit, I didn't want to **** around too much for 1) the safety of others and 2) cops are on the street constantly. Didn't say it was a kill and definatly not a long race, just a couple seconds to show that I was faster out of the hole.

Not sure what year, I know for a fact it was not an 03/04. From what the guy has given up and i've heard from others it has cams, full boltons, gears, etc. Not sure if any head/intake/bottom end work is done, but it wasn't your typical car.

Ok race somebody on a set of tires with good traction then race somebody on some shitty tires where all you do is spin. Spinning on the line COMPLETELY changes the outcome of a race. Now, blow off the tires through first and second (by blow off I don't mean KIND-OF spin them, i mean blow them off to where you are bouncing the rev limiter and hardly moving). The surface I raced him on was an airport runway for a fundraiser, and I have never had such bad traction in my life. It reminded me of driving my 383 with street tires on the street, just blowing the tires off gear after gear. Now, blowing off the tires and racing against someone with traction... tell me it is far fetched to spin so much you hardly win

Example: Racing this mustang. The race where I had a good launch with very little spinning I had so much momentum and length on him even when I hit third and he started pulling hard on me I had enough distance between us to hold him off by a car or so once my car was back in the power, and he never gained. In the video you hear me spinning (that's not him..) and see that i was barely ahead of him, and when I lost power hitting 3rd he jumped on me easy. Like I said.. spinning makes a word of difference.

You guys are missing the point.. I don't race people for money, just like to mess around with others that have nice cars. You're taking street racing seriously when you bet a couple grand, make huge callouts, get in giant fights, and throw bitch fits about lengths and bottle/no-bottle in my opinion. Not wanting to let the world know your mods isn't being too serious, and since I just mess around it's not like I am hustling people.

Like your encounter with the other car.. you should know if you tell him you're modded and he says he's not but still wants to race for money or something that you're going to get hustled. Why would anyone in their right mind put a stock car up against a modded car for money.. nobody would. You should be smart enough to figure that one out..

Stop getting so damn defensive and calling BS because you own a Cobra. Like I've posted before, the only car I haven't surprised yet is a boltons 03 sonic blue cobra.. once his car overcame his !driver mod he pulled on me pretty good. I still had him untill 80 or so, my car runs pretty good through 1st and 2nd which is why I can surprise a few cars around here. Is it fast? Not at all. My 383 car was MUCH faster but for being a LIGHTLY modded DD it runs better than most cars around here. Not saying it's fast, not saying it's faster than everyone on LS1tech, just posting KILLS that I HAVE/CAN do with some backup via VIDEO. Afterall, isn't that what this section is for? If I am catching this much **** AFTER posting videos, I wonder what some of you guys would say if I made these claims with no video proof of it.

Last edited by FlashLCD33; 10-09-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
I really wasn't trying to stir up anything about no mods = rice lol...That's awesome you guy's bsed after the race and you lifted hoods
That's half the fun, meeting more people and seeing what others have done to their cars. Afterall if there werent others around with different/faster setups, half the people on here wouldn't be on here modding anyways.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you read my post, my friend had 13 PSI. He knew that was too much and he dropped it...FROM 13. I'm not sure how far he dropped it, but it was slow after that. Only able to trap 108ish in the 1/4.

Also, how does me having some fun street racing in the past and not telling people my mods make me "Tureto" or make street racing a "way of life"? It sounds like you are just a bitter person who is looking for a reason to argue. How about you chill out. If you don't like the street racing gig, then don't post in the street racing section.
I did read your post...in fact, I QUOTED IT....scroll up and read it again...you stated:

"My buddy did make over 400 with 13 PSI, but it needed race gas."

I stated there had to be something wrong, OR it was on a mustang Dyno. I don't know how the hell you could mis read what I am saying. Maybe I am misunderstanding your comment of 'over 400', but to me that implies 410-415...if not, then why wouldnt' you post 425+ or 430, you know..a tad closer to what he made...Why F'ing post a number that is so far off?..you wouldn't, so 400 is close. EITHER THAT, or you are just posting **** from something you hardly remember.

Bitter, and like to argue?...dude, You are the one jumping in here and posting **** validating keeping mods a hush hush.....Again, you are the one taking it serious with the 'keeping your mods a secret' crap....that is where the fast/Furious comment came from....I WILL REPEAT.....

If you (as in someone) feel the need to keep the mods quiet or a secret, you are either afraid to lose, OR race for money. EITHER WAY..it is takign racing way too serious....if you lose, you lose...it's part of the SPORT/fun. Next time, come back with more mods or don't race.

AGAIN - even IF someone has a list of your mods.....how the hell does that prove a loss or a win....as we ALL know....driver and street vary. mod list/RWpower mean ****, especially street racing. WHY is that so hard for some of you to swallow? If you truely understood that fact, you wouldnt' feel a need to keep them a freakin' secret.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM

FlashLCD33, I wouldn't worry about it dude. Some people wouldn't even be happy even if you agreed with them.

ponygt65, I was refering to where you implied that my buddy was crazy for lowering the boost to 13. I'm correcting that line of thought and telling you that he lowered it from 13.

As for the rest, just because we choose to do things differently and not disclose our mods, doesn't mean you need to get all pissy about it. You want to tell people what you got then that's cool, but there is nothing requiring us to tell what we got. Deal with it and move on.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 10-09-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

And by the way, who the hell are you to come into the "STREET RACING" section and tell someone that they are taking STREET RACING way to seriously? And who the hell are you to come into the "STREET RACING" section and make fun of somone because you think they are implying that street racing was a "way of life" for them, even if that's what they WERE implying?
You obviously mis read/understand.....I retyped it above. Given what I stated...please explain why someone would want to be so secretive. A mod list, power claims, or even a dyno doesn't mean jack **** when it comes to racing. If you knew/believe that...why be so 'hush hush'?. If the answer is....'just cause I want to'...then just freakin' say that...no need to defend and get all pissy.......(if you noticed, it was the guys defending the hush hush list that got all defensive to begin with).

If any of you feel the need to reply...take it to PMs
Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM

I think not telling someone your mods is sneaky and rediculous, especially if you dont' tell the other guy AFTER a race. Run what you brung. If it's not enough..mod up. Talking mods and cars is part of the sport and fun.

HOWEVER...having said that.........listing mods in a signature is FAR from rice. There is a difference in listing them online, and shootin' the **** with a fellow local racer.
I'd actually not prefer to take this to PM's. Why is there a need for that? Is it suddenly wrong to argue on a car website? LOL, that's alot of the fun of a kill section.

You stated your opinion here. If the arguing is rediculous then why are you entertaining us? When you make comments like the ones above then expect people to disagree and give their own opinions. As for why I choose not to disclose my mods, I find that when people know what you have then they are less likely to run you unless they think they make alot more hp than you do. On the flip side, I don't ask people what they got done until we've raced and then if they don't want to tell me, then that's cool. Certain people I'll tell afterwards and some I won't. I take each situation as it presents itself.

Quick Reply: My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger