Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock z06 VS 395 rwhp TA

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by will82
The z has been inspected by a GM tech. No hidden n20, no tricks. So you can whine and bitch all you want, but it is as advertised and the video results speak for themselves.

The problem is all the kill stories of F-bodies beating stock c5 coupes that were probably a4 and 2.73 geared, driven by 50yr olds who weren't really racing or still had the traction control on, and people here have got it in their heads that an F-body is an even match or even better than a C5. Sorry, but they are close and pretty even at the strip, but from a roll forget about it. WEIGHT AND AERO.

I used to have a stock, a4, 2.73 geared coupe, and I beat my buddies M6 TransAm routinely from a roll. WEIGHT AND AERO. Once I got up to 80-90mph, I would reel him in and leave him behind by multiple car lengths by 140mph. WEIGHT AND AERO.

The z06 is even lighter, more aggressively geared, better heads, better cam.
With an intake and a good tune about 360rwhp at least. 390rwhp from a little more aggressive cam isn't going to spare the F-Body against the z06 FROM A ROLL, not at the drag strip, where the result would be closer.
An A4 2.73 geared Vette beating a stock M6 TA is not anywhere near compareable to a Z06 racing a modded TA.

The extra hp that the TA has pretty much takes care of the weight advantage. That means that the Z06 is winning on slighty better gearing and aerodynamics. This means the Z06 should probably win, but that the pull should be slow. The way the Z06 destroyed the TA in this video means that the guy in the TA can't drive and the guy in the Z06 is a very good driver. Equal drivers and it would have been much closer with the Z06 still taking the win.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

im sure it doesnt need to be said again, but anything can happen on the street. i dont know about pullin cobras or c6s but i have pulled my buddies SS a couple of times. the c6 race was dead even and the cobra had me by almost a car.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by ls1aholic
im sure it doesnt need to be said again, but ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ON THE STREET. i dont know about pullin cobras or c6s but i have pulled my buddies SS a couple of times. the c6 race was dead even and the cobra had me by almost a car.
Exactly
Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BigD 275
It is pretty easy to be a tough guy and calling names on the computer. I can guarantee you that you would never say that to my face. I saw what you looked like in the video.....you are a tiny punk.

Say what you want, a 330rwhp (if that is what you say you have) ZO6 is not going to pull like that on an almost 400rwhp f-body.
Ok to start off im sparkplug the one who makes all the speedinjection videos and one i make sure that speedinjection is never seen in any videos at all if he is in a vid it is never posted being he doesnt want to be seen. now there has been a few others here that dont care to be on video so you must have mistaken them for him and two i can guarantee u he is not a tiny punk.Three the Z06 is completely stock other than a filter and there is not a tune on the car the car has never been on a dyno simply put it this way the car is fast and speedinjection can drive the **** out of it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigD 275
I can guarantee you that you would never say that to my face. I saw what you looked like in the video.....you are a tiny punk.
im "Puny"?? hahahaaaaa! Man oh man you have no clue ....pm sent...

first off i can " guarantee" you I would most DEFINITELY say it in your face and I guarantee you that you couldnt do anything about it Mr. Keyboard commando... 2nd i have never and will never be seen in any of my videos so who you saw was definitely not me....and your right, i dont pull almost 400rwhp transams, i pull 450-500 rwhp ones...

Last edited by SPEEDinjection; 11-04-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPEEDinjection
im "Puny"?? hahahaaaaa! Man oh man you have no clue ....pm sent...

first off i can " guarantee" you I would most DEFINITELY say it in your face and I guarantee you that you couldnt do anything about it Mr. Keyboard commando... 2nd i have never and will never be seen in any of my videos so who you saw was definitely not me....and your right, i dont pull almost 400rwhp transams, i pull 450-500 rwhp ones...
pm sent.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 PM

i dont pull almost 400rwhp transams, i pull 450-500 rwhp ones...
I hope you mean with your TA.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned

i dont pull almost 400rwhp transams, i pull 450-500 rwhp ones...
You have a pride issue buddy, you may have beat those kinds of cars but not with good drivers in them. You sound like the typical stereotyped vette owner, you think you are superior to all. There are more f-bodies than you could count that would drag you all day long, cam-only ones too!! I love the Z06 with a passion but you need to be shut down by some mildly modded ls1 cars so you can understand your not invincible.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PoorNow_C5
great vid
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AlLtHiRdGeN
You have a pride issue buddy, you may have beat those kinds of cars but not with good drivers in them. You sound like the typical stereotyped vette owner, you think you are superior to all. There are more f-bodies than you could count that would drag you all day long, cam-only ones too!! I love the Z06 with a passion but you need to be shut down by some mildly modded ls1 cars so you can understand your not invincible.
we all have pride issues, your not excluded, and i agree with you on your points, but no f-bodies have performed the way you say they should, im sure they are out there and i cant wait to get smacked around by one...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

i have to agree with speed injection, i have a 410 rwhp f-bod that i weighed in at 3600 race weight (some weight reduction) and i get edged out by stock z06 vettes. lets say that the TA weighs 3600 lbs.

F-bod: 3600lbs./395hp=9.11 power to weight
Vette: 3100lbs./360hp=8.61 power to weight

Say in a perfect world that both drivers drove the same, the vette would win. I know this because i've raced stock ones.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by AlLtHiRdGeN
You have a pride issue buddy,
Not really, he didn't open his mouth and start any of this, just responding. It's some of the F-Body guys that have a pride issue and aren't willing to accept the fact that a stock z06 > moderately cammed F-body. Get over it. At least SSilver Bullet and a few other guys will admit it, and it's not like it's a big deal. Get some great heads to go with a cam or a big enough cam and then stock z06s won't be a problem.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Wow I had no idea that this thread would have gone this far. And when I asked the question do you think this car is stock... I was not saying that I think speed is hiding something or spraying or anything like that. I know that he bought the car used and was told it was stock. For whatever reason if down the road he finds out that there wasn't then whatever. I do think he has a very strong car though because I raced one of the 385 zo6's in my last TA and it was just a bolt on 6 speed and I pulled a car on him by 135. But I went into this race planning to lose so I wasn't upset when I did.
And yes my driving skills are not the best, but they arn't as bad as some people are saying they saw in the vid. I only shifted two times in the first race and once in the 2nd. But I do think that if my buddy in the rx7 was driving it would have been a better race. This race was done all in good fun and that is exactly what I had. So thanks for all the input, hope yall enjoyed the video.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

we all have pride issues, your not excluded, and i agree with you on your points, but no f-bodies have performed the way you say they should, im sure they are out there and i cant wait to get smacked around by one...
I was a little harsh but you seem like a nice guy, stick around here and post. You obviously have quite the street racing reputation from the vids Ive seen, stock zs are fast but yours is really fast. It just seems that the C5Z06s ive seen arent much quicker than bolt-on f-bodies, I guess they are difficult cars to drive to their potential.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
Wow I had no idea that this thread would have gone this far....
I think you drove the car fine. What, if any, are your plans for further mods? I think a really good set of heads and a re-tune would drastically change the results.

Also, did you happen to have your windows tinted here in town recently by a guy named Spencer?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

I thought you were his brother lol, wait are you?!? Yea spencer is my boy haha. And as for mods, I am actually thinking about leaving the car the way it is for awhile and going forced induction. I was really considering the maggie, but at the same time I don't know if that is the root I really want to go. That new APS kit looks insane and that is what I am kinda leaning towards meow.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, he's my younger brother. Saw your car while it was here being tinted. Sending you a pm.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
I was in a local Fbody club here in Hawaii..

My 2.73 geared C5 auto vette tied for first place with a manual WS6 in the quickest bone stock ET catergory...There were well over 10 Fbodies..But my auto 2.73 C5 was still faster than all of them stock to stock at the same drag strip minus the WS6..We were both dead even "only I could run the time almost every time) while it was his PB..

From a roll a yanked a SS Fbody by a few cars from 70-120 mph..My C5 was white and His SS was white and of all my races this is the one that Ill always remember
From what i remember you and i both got into the high 12s on the same night in your vette. But you have a cam and a bunch of other mods and all i had was exhaust 3700lbs camaro with me in it m6 on that crapy track with only a 2.0 60ft
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2.73 vett run low 14s i have seen it many many times. My friend had a 02 c5 with 2.73 and he was running 14.5 with so i got in it and with full traction the best i got was a 14.1 We were like WFT then we found out he had 2.73's and swaped them out with some 3.90's and he ran high 12's Stock other then gears
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

for reference, i was pulling a 500rwhp GTO last night until 4th gear, when his high rpm cam showed its difference vs my stock 2001 Z06 cam. I do not know what my car puts down, its just an 01 Z06 with an air intake and catback(both of which cant make a huge difference) I am probably at the 370rwhp level, and i pulled him until 4th from a 50 roll. he had an ls2 stroker, heads, cam, and full exhaust with a tune.

i do not think a 395rwhp t/a would come anywhere close to a stock Z06, much less a modded one.

i also had a modded t/a back in the day putting down 370rwhp with bolt ons, and i would get RAPED by mildly modded vettes.

Quick Reply: stock z06 VS 395 rwhp TA