Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700rwhp supra vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Finite1
Yeah I defend imports NEVER. This probably one of the few times I actually did that and for good reason, otherwise most of you have no idea and only believe what you want to believe.

So you're saying the new ls motor is old technology? Last I checked if somthing is in current development and going to produced in the FUTURE it's NEW TECHNOLOGY. It's not the SAME EXACT pushrod engine like an ls1. Theres a lot of differences in comparisons. When did I call it old technology? ***.
What was the "good reason"?? To convince us all to worship/deify the GTE (as you do) for making a lot of power on a stock block (but otherwise modded beyond comprehension)??
Hey, sorry. You were soooo vehemently defending the TOYs that I thought you also took some of the ricetards' attitude/arguements against pushrods/2 valves per cyl./single cam in block.
Yup, you're right, I am an "***" for defending OUR country's products over Japan's.
Yes, I know that it is considered a criminal offense in this "rice generation's" day and age to not practice blind Nippon product worship. TOO F'ING BAD, as I for one NEVER will!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WONDERFUL. You're still a moron. You're arguments consist of domestic worshipping bantor, text size increases and bolding, without making a single point. Nice how you avoided my comment about the TT Viper. I guess that one gets no response. You constantly get sonned by others because of your crazy attitude. I was simply stating facts and giving information. You don't know anything about those Supra's I speak of.. So how can you even speak on how they are modded. Oh well, they sell plenty of cars without your purchase and just for your information I always root for GM to beat Toyota and was happy we beat them in 3rd quarter sales, I hope they keep it up and we stay ahead. But you don't want to hear that cause I'm such a fanboy of Toyota's. I have a Nissan btw.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

You're a moron. And I hate to insult. If I hate domestics so much why do I own one? Plus I own an import. Its not big deal I can appreciate a lot of cars unlike yourself.
First off, I don't have to "appreciate" or respect ANY car. Why, because YOU (and the other import defenders out there) say so??
What I must do is acknowledge that there are fast/powerful Poopras (and other imports) out there because they can be made that way. This I do. That's all. NO; worship, deification, or even appreciation necessary.

And I don't want to burst your bubble, but you'd be hard pressed to find 1994Supra's going for under 30k with 60-100k+ miles.
SO? WTF does this have to do with anything?? BTW; I am fully well aware of what your precious TOYs are going for, you're not "bursting" anything. Good for the fanboyzz overpaying for them.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahahaha. You're cracking me up. Ok I think it's time to settle down. You're getting worked up. LOL @ "your precious TOYs".. Add some more smilies, I think that will help you get your point across better.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Like I said I guess if the Heffner TT Viper goes 7.99 with 1900 hp, it's a disgrace to you.
Hey genius, do they claim a "stock motor" (as you do for your Poopras??) Otherwise I have no clue what you are getting at.

You're right, I'm a moron for not worshipping the TOYs as you do.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's over 15 stock block supras making over 1khp. I've already mentioned some of them. I'm fairly confident I can name 15 if you want. It's not a CLAIM, it's fact you douchebag. I gotta go though, go sit down smoke em if you got em. Haha. You're classic.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Hahahaha. You're cracking me up. Ok I think it's time to settle down. You're getting worked up.
I'm not "getting worked up". Calm as can be. You're the one slinging insults/personal attacks, so maybe YOU are the one getting "worked up" because you cannot get me to worship the Nippon "wundercars" as you do?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

There's over 15 stock block supras making over 1khp. I've already mentioned some of them. I'm fairly confident I can name 15 if you want. It's not a CLAIM, it's fact you douchebag. I gotta go though, go sit down smoke em if you got em. Haha. You're classic.
Oh, so now it's "stock block" not "stock motor"?? Say WTF you mean, brainiac, we cannot read your mind. There is a world of difference between "stock motor" (your Poopras were NOT so impressive with a PURE STOCK motor), "stock internals" (your GTE's record for this is what now, ~1050 hp at the crank, FAR from the 1500 at the wheels you "claim" for them), and "stock block" (this I can believe 1500+ from when internals are done, and they are modded to the nines, ON RACE GAS ONLY). You're an even more "classic" MKIV/GTE worshipper/defender.
It makes one wonder why you don't own one?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm talking about single turbo MKIV Supra's 2jz. And bashing imports just shows your lack of knowledge. STOCK BLOCK. That's all I ever said. But for your information if you want to compare SO MUCH, find me a 6-cylinder 180ci that can make that kind of power. Marko's supra wan't not a crate motor and he was making over 1500whp when he sold it. It is from Chicago area it has full interior, had a/c runs on gas, not meth and run's 8's all day long. It mopped up a lot of trailer cars in the area as well. I'm not saying it's the best but not many can say they went 8's on the street (and I've seen his car also in the Outlaw Motorsports videos *PLUG*, check em out). Then throw in the FACTS, factory glass, full interior, no tin work, full weight and he drove it to and from the track (70 miles) when he went 8.4 @ 169. Sound Performance did a hell of a job. Just somthing to think about.

I can get you more stock block supra's making over 1khp. There a guy on supraforums basupra that made 1017rwhp on stock bottom end also.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind owning a Supra. But the maintenance is probably hell on the higher mileage and much more expensive to modify. I'd rather keep my Trans Am, do somthing with that first and get maybe an 02-04' Z06. There's more to this about Supra's if you need. But I gotta get ready.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

I'm talking about single turbo MKIV Supra's 2jz. And bashing imports just shows your lack of knowledge. STOCK BLOCK. That's all I ever said. But for your information if you want to compare SO MUCH, find me a 6-cylinder 180ci that can make that kind of power. Marko's supra wan't not a crate motor and he was making over 1500whp when he sold it. It is from Chicago area it has full interior, had a/c runs on gas, not meth and run's 8's all day long. It mopped up a lot of trailer cars in the area as well. I'm not saying it's the best but not many can say they went 8's on the street (and I've seen his car also in the Outlaw Motorsports videos *PLUG*, check em out). Then throw in the FACTS, factory glass, full interior, no tin work, full weight and he drove it to and from the track (70 miles) when he went 8.4 @ 169. Sound Performance did a hell of a job. Just somthing to think about.

I can get you more stock block supra's making over 1khp. There a guy on supraforums basupra that made 1017rwhp on stock bottom end also.

Honest
Who's "bashing imports"?? Because I refuse to worship/deify or own an import nameplate I must be "bashing" them?? OK, so the use of "Poopra" and "TOY" are slight digs to razz the fanboiees. I will try not to use them any more since they offend their sensitive ears sooo much. Is that OK with you, your highness??

Taking a stock motor and making a record for your car genre and manufacturer is somthing to be proud of.

Sounds like you said "stock motor" right there in your post # 158, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. And NO, you CANNOT say "you knew what I meant". Like I said before SAY WTF you mean to say. If I could read minds over the internet, I would be extremely wealthy right now.

Your right, they are 6 cylinders 180 c.i. with a big turbo of almost that same displacement bolted on, and tuned, stupid boosted, and supporting modded TO THE MAX. This is what the import fanboyzz forget/leave out. If it was not such an important factor, then international racing bodies (like the FIA) would not have such severe "multiplication factors" on the displacement of boosted engines in competition. Is it still impressive? Yes. Are they doing the impossible? NO!!
Sorry, I'm NOT calling you a "ricer" or anything, but the "but it's ONLY _____(however many liters, fill in the blank), and ____ cylinders" (again, fill it in) is one of the BIGGEST riceboy arguements EVER. It ranks right up there with their hp per liter **** talk.

Last edited by dailydriver; 11-14-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my Trans Am, so you can cut the fanboy bullshit with me now. Right there you go taking things out of context. When in that post I was trying to defend record making in general. And I used stock motor because i meant ANY CAR'S motor making a record IN GENERAL is somthing to be proud of as you do it for your car's manufacturer and it has significance to others who appreciate such things in your genre. I made it very clear what I was saying in the rest of the thread. Stop reaching. Also, I didn't say they were doing the impossible, but there is no other that has done these things when comparing apples to apples. You act like it's no big deal and still fail to provide me with a similar displacement that has made that power therefore they HAVE done something significant FOR THEMSELVES. That's the point.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

The "stock block" Ecotecs make sick "powa" out of "only" 2 liters and 4 cylinders (see I can talk like a "ricer" with the best of them). Can we worship those as well, or are they prohibited from being worshipped because they're domestic??
Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
***Repost Police***

They are certainly regarded as some of the most capable 4cyl motors out there... but people don't talk about them nearly as much because they're still housed (for the most part) in FWD econoboxes. And the Sky/Solstice twins have a nasty problem of people swapping in LSx motors...
Old 11-14-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The "stock block" Ecotecs make sick "powa" out of "only" 2 liters and 4 cylinders (see I can talk like a "ricer" with the best of them). Can we worship those as well, or are they prohibited from being worshipped because they're domestic??
Ummm.. Yeah we could dig up some big numbers from them too if you looking for track/land speed records out of GM's PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING RACING AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION. Are you talking about PERSONAL cars? I wouldn't discredit or disrespect that until you speak further with some actual data, I've read it COULD deliver more than 1,000 horsepower – even when using a majority of production parts, but where is the PROOF of this, and where is it to be found in reality owned by someone and what are the actual numbers?

Trying to find the limits of an engine, sound familiar?

MKIV (Stock Block):
Tommy Bahn 1128-WHP
Mark Mazurowski 927 Whp / 1127whp with N02
basupra - 1017whp
Peter Blach 1015 WHP
Dana Westover - 1377.6 whp (w/ n20)
Mike Carlin - 1170whp
Sound Performance - 1311whp
Marko Djuric's - 1920hp (1520whp)
Bullseye Power - 1200+whp (Maxed 1200 dyno 3 pulls)

Ken Henderson - 1110 Whp (3.4 stroker)
Ryan Woon - 1200+ Whp (3.4 stroker)
SupraStore owners - 1060hp (970whp)

And there's more out there, tons more making between 800-1000whp. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Lets see a stock bottom end GM car do this. Woon's car with stock pistons, rods, crank, block. 9.56 @ 144mph. 8.65 on a stock 6-speed transmission. lets see ANY stock block, stock trans domestic car hold 1600HP.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Ummm.. Yeah we could dig up some big numbers from them too if you looking for track/land speed records out of GM's PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING RACING AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION.
So what?? Your Nippon Giant hired German F1 engineers to develop your GTE. And of course TRD had nothing to do with any of the big "powa" efforts you list, right?? You know something, even if they didn't, most of the people you list have wealth/budgets approaching GM's Ecotec racing development division anyway (this by you're own admission, remember the post you made claiming that the owers/modders don't care that they had to spend big bucks on a used MKIV GTE). Can't have it both ways, even though you (and TOYota) think you can.
BTW; I'm sure that being the worshipper you are, you know that the Getrag gearbox (as well as the rear axle) are GERMAN made. As well as the whole GTE being screwed together in the "Fatherland". So much for "nippon superiority".
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
***Repost Police***

The C4 Corvette used a ZF 6spd transmission, and the LT5 was developed by Lotus... your point?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver
And of course TRD had nothing to do with any of the big "powa" efforts you list, right??:
Ahhh.. that's called tuning. And these cars were tuned/built in shops on personal expense (some personal shops like Tommy Bahn).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The C4 Corvette used a ZF 6spd transmission, and the LT5 was developed by Lotus... your point?
My point is that your boy is claiming that it makes a difference that GM got numbers out of an Ecotec, but that it was ALL low buck, poor, no budget privateers that got 2000 awhp out of the GTEs.
So I suppose all of you are implying that if your precious TOYota got directly involved, these things would be making 3500+ whp??
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where? Show us some personal cars with data. And this doesn't change what the Supra has accomplished. You just change the subject.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Ahhh.. that's called tuning. And these cars were tuned/built in shops on personal expense (some personal shops like Tommy Bahn).
Right. Just the same way that GM's Ecotec Racing "tuned" the 1000 hp engines.

Quick Reply: 700rwhp supra vs LT1