Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700rwhp supra vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by germeezy1
So your going to mention the rare obscure Supra's that run 8's, and forget about all the American cars that have been running in the 7's for many, many years?

IMO I race to win, it doesn't matter if I lost because I have a stock block. I still lost

And 1/4 mile times aren't everything hell I could put a Fox body into the 8's or 9's for just the price of admission on a nice Supra.
I'm done. You just want to argue and keep coming up with new stuff to say.

OBSCURE? The two mentioned were some of the highest hp record holders that you clearly don't care about. You already forgot a lot of my points from previously posts.

The HKS drag Supra ran sub-7's, the boost logic supra ran in the 7's.

Woon ran low 8's, Marco a low-mid 8 and these were 6-speeds.

Oh well.. I'm done in here. You keep rambling about stupid ****.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This conversation we are all having has been had many, many times. I feel just like I felt over at SVT Forums and Mustang Forums when I decided to buy my Vette! You know one pet peeve is stock FI car people bragging about how much power they can do on stock internals vs a N/A car. Its not even the same league nor are the engines built for the same purpose. I would hope a turbo car would have internals that would handle more hp than from the factory. I can't wait until the ZR-1 and the LS9 come out and guys are pushing 1,000 to the tire on half the psi!.....easily...tune/KB/exhaust.
New technology. Last I checked we were talking about a 93-98' Supra. Lol. Now we're talking about your hopes and dreams.

Cool man, have fun with that. We shall see what happens when it does.

Last edited by Finite1; 11-14-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 AM

The biggest plus to being able to build on the stock block to make big power is that you save the money that would have gone into building the motor. The problem is that you're still paying uber money for a used Supra, so that takes away the advantage right there.

Should the stock block guys get props? Yes, but it it shouldn't be the reason to go and buy one of those cars. The bottom line is that anything can be made fast. Start with a car that you like the appearance and interior on, not one just because it's possible to make power on the stock block. If that car just happens to be a Supra then great.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL. I thought cost of the car was a ricer argument? I swear you guys come up with new stuff all the time.

Again in case Germeezy missed it, here's some more of those obscure Supra's:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota--Supra-Drag-Racing.html

That's just one site.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Since when has price been a ricer argument? You've never heard anyone talk about how overpriced the new GT500's are with the dealer mark up. Or how the Z06 is an amazing deal for the price compared to most of the super cars? Since when is the price value of a car a new arument?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not an argument and shouldn't even be mentioned. From how I understand your comment the price of a Supra is more than other cars that "could be made fast" and because of that it's a disadvantage. So you're saying the cheaper the better which is pretty lame point to make when I'm trying to show how capable Supra's are.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And in fact, just because supra's actually appreciate and have gone up in value, I guess that's a + to them.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Finite1
And in fact, just because supra's actually appreciate and have gone up in value, I guess that's a + to them.
Only if you already own one. If your trying to buy one then it sucks to have to spend more for a used car. The same goes for old muscle cars. Unless you own a 100K Hemi already, then the price isn't a plus, lol.

Like I said, the good thing about going fast on stock parts is that you save money in not having to buy aftermarket parts. If the car costs the same stock as another one with aftermarket parts then it kind of evens out the advantage.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Somthing tells me that most Supra owners, particularly the well known high hp ones, have plenty of expendible income. I highly doubt they were thinking "I'm gonna get this Supra because I want to save money on aftermarket parts" . Anyway you are going off topic, but you did give props so thats a start at least you came around to giving credit.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Btw my buddy on the east coast who raced with Woon in TX owned 2 Supra's and Woon I believe has owned at least 2 that he later sold.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Finite 1 my simple point has been that it doesn't matter wether you have a Kia Spectra or a very expensive used MKIV Supra. With the right check written by anyone either of those cars can be made very, very fast. I don't care if a 4G63 can hold 500 whp on a stock block, I don't want an EVO. For some of us paying huge money for a used up car just because of what a few people have done on stock internals is stupid.

I agree its impressive, but I was pointing out that its not as easy as the myths that are out there. The 2JZ-GTE and IMO the 3SGTE are two really well built engines that can take a whole lot of boost on stock internals. But as for that being a reason to buy a car I think thats stupid. If that was the case we should all be driving older Saab 9000 Aero's.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

LOL. I thought cost of the car was a ricer argument? I swear you guys come up with new stuff all the time.

I thought that single cam-in-block, 2 valves per cylinder, and pushrods were called "old technology" by the ricetards. A few posts up you called it "new technology" as compared to your precious "old" Poopra. Make up your mind(s)! I swear you import defenders come up with new stuff all the time, to suit your rice defense.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finite 1 my simple point has been that it doesn't matter wether you have a Kia Spectra or a very expensive used MKIV Supra. With the right check written by anyone either of those cars can be made very, very fast. I don't care if a 4G63 can hold 500 whp on a stock block, I don't want an EVO. For some of us paying huge money for a used up car just because of what a few people have done on stock internals is stupid.

I agree its impressive, but I was pointing out that its not as easy as the myths that are out there. The 2JZ-GTE and IMO the 3SGTE are two really well built engines that can take a whole lot of boost on stock internals. But as for that being a reason to buy a car I think thats stupid. If that was the case we should all be driving older Saab 9000 Aero's.
Definately, I don't suggest anyone run out and go buy a Supra. I'm just stating the facts on them. I recommend domestics and support them just as hard on bia anti-domestic sites. I push Corvettes all day and use facts about them to support it. Anyway I get what you are saying NOW since you finally make sense.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Taking a stock motor and making a record for your car genre and manufacturer is somthing to be proud of.
DAYUM!!! So now your precious Poops are going 7s with 1500+ rwhp (on pump gas, of course) on a "stock motor"??

WOW! you've convinced/converted me! Yes, JAPAN UBER ALLES!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I thought that single cam-in-block, 2 valves per cylinder, and pushrods were called "old technology" by the ricetards. A few posts up you called it "new technology" as compared to your precious "old" Poopra. Make up your mind(s)! I swear you import defenders come up with new stuff all the time, to suit your rice defense.
Yeah I defend imports NEVER. This probably one of the few times I actually did that and for good reason, otherwise most of you have no idea and only believe what you want to believe.

So you're saying the new ls motor is old technology? Last I checked if somthing is in current development and going to produced in the FUTURE it's NEW TECHNOLOGY. It's not the SAME EXACT pushrod engine like an ls1. Theres a lot of differences in comparisons. When did I call it old technology? ***.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DAYUM!!! So now your precious Poops are going 7s with 1500+ rwhp (on pump gas, of course) on a "stock motor"??

WOW! you've convinced/converted me! Yes, JAPAN UBER ALLES!!
Like I said I guess if the Heffner TT Viper goes 7.99 with 1900 hp, it's a disgrace to you.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

They appreciate because they are rare (and because of the fanboi hype/hysteria). Now why are they rare? Oh yeah, that's right, because they were a TOTAL sales FAILURE for your Nippon Giant!!

So yeah, I guess that is a round about "+" for them.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money. I guess that guy in Australia building the huge twin turbo LSX block rated at 2500hp will likely be safe. No need for anyone to try to break records. Sand bag it.
come on man, use your head...no one ever said anything about breaking records being a bad thing. to assume anyone said that would be asinine, but trying to break records on stock hardware, whether somebody else has done it or not, ain't all that bright...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They appreciate because they are rare (and because of the fanboi hype/hysteria). Now why are they rare? Oh yeah, that's right, because they were a TOTAL sales FAILURE for your Nippon Giant!!

So yeah, I guess that is a round about "+" for them.

You're a moron. And I hate to insult. If I hate domestics so much why do I own one? Plus I own an import. Its not big deal I can appreciate a lot of cars unlike yourself.

And I don't want to burst your bubble, but you'd be hard pressed to find 1994Supra's going for under 30k with 60-100k+ miles. You're the fanboy with no respect for anything outside of your ******* domestic bubble. Hey the ls1 f-bodies didn't make it, you don't hear me calling them a failure. I wish my Trans Am would go up in value. You're corvette certainly isn't going anywhere.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS101
come on man, use your head...no one ever said anything about breaking records being a bad thing. to assume anyone said that would be asinine, but trying to break records on stock hardware, whether somebody else has done it or not, ain't all that bright...
Oh so he pushes his car to over 1300rwhp and goes low 8's and it's not smart. Wtf are you talking about? Use MY head? Shut up.

Quick Reply: 700rwhp supra vs LT1