Old 01-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a slip with 17" Drag Radials, 4.30 gear, Magnaflow Exhaust with cats
Attached Thumbnails 01 WS6 vs Modded Mach 1-102403.jpg  
Old 01-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Teching In

We American Car guys need to stick together.. There's a Toyota Supra Lurking around any corner that can own any of us if your not careful.
Attached Thumbnails 01 WS6 vs Modded Mach 1-mustang1.jpg  
Old 01-03-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think Venkman should tear down the engine and find out what is making so much power....flow test the heads, check tolerances etc... I would keep it as stock as you can....just put on all the bolt-ons. Then you can race people as a "just bolt-ons" car. hehe.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:39 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03AV8R
Here is a slip with 17" Drag Radials, 4.30 gear, Magnaflow Exhaust with cats
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that those mods have dropped a half second ET off of that car, I mean gears or DR's alone will usually produce a 2-3 tenths drop. So this would put that car, stock, around low 13's.

Most of the guys on this site, myself included, are just car guys and have nothing against mustangs at all. As I said before, the only reason I am even part of this conversation was just to argue with the cow guy ... since he is fun to argue with.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We American Car guys need to stick together.. There's a Toyota Supra Lurking around any corner that can own any of us if your not careful.
Now that is a cool pic!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that those mods have dropped a half second ET off of that car, I mean gears or DR's alone will usually produce a 2-3 tenths drop. So this would put that car, stock, around low 13's.

Most of the guys on this site, myself included, are just car guys and have nothing against mustangs at all. As I said before, the only reason I am even part of this conversation was just to argue with the cow guy ... since he is fun to argue with.

OK Kool.. Im a Mustang Guy, So what, Ive great respect for the Z06.. Its a sweet car.. Im a Ford Guy so i cant buy it is all.. It would be sacrificial or something.. The Viper is pretty dang quick too but who's counting
Old 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OK Kool.. Im a Mustang Guy, So what, Ive great respect for the Z06.. Its a sweet car.. Im a Ford Guy so i cant buy it is all.. It would be sacrificial or something.. The Viper is pretty dang quick too but who's counting
Just for the record, I'm a fast car guy. I could careless who makes it. I'm not too fond of imports though just because the rice crowd has really put a damper on things. I still have a great deal of respect for Supras and what not thoug.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Whatever happened to LS1Tech.com being made up of mostly enthusiasts instead of internet-racing magazine-jockeys? I guess that is only in the Tech Forums and Drag Racing Forums?

In terms of 1/4 mile performance (ET), stock for stock, the Mach is really, really close to the LS1. It does not have the HP of the LS1, thus the generally higher mph for the M6 LS1s. It does, however, have better gearing and similar weight, so a 1/4 mile blast by competent drivers is going to be REALLY close....especially if the LS1 is a T/A (heavy) or high-option Z28 (also heavy).

Relax Gentlemen (and those males that act like little girls).

Also....don't believe in "factory freaks". No such animal.
Hey i agree! There is no such thing as a "factory freak".. Just a better driver & conditions.. Bob i find you everywhere now i swear, your like a celebrity or something now.. They should start one of those Discovery Channel things with the Drag Racing Bob Cosby guy that builds up a car and drag races whoever shows up that day like those Orange County Choppers guys.. We have alot in common too, scary.. (i read your homepage) I was an AirForce guy for 10 years stationed in Virginia with a love for Racing around in Mustangs & pushin 40ish (11/18/64) Close eh.. Graduated in May 83, Joined up in 84.. Decommissioned the America in Norfolk also during my Raytheon Stint right after you left it & i got out of the AF aparantly.. hehe
Attached Thumbnails 01 WS6 vs Modded Mach 1-mustang1.jpg  

Last edited by 03AV8R; 01-03-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:14 PM
STF Veteran

Hey i agree! There is no such thing as a "factory freak"..
Tell that to Venkman.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Some additional information for the sake of completeness:

Originally Posted by loveOliver
The Mach 1 stuff:

4.6 4v DOHC V8-factory rated at 305 bhp 320 ft-lbs torque
(the engine is an aluminum block and shares the same heads as the 03 Cobra but has no supercharger.)
305 bhp/320 ft-lbs torque is underated by quite a bit.
Many stock Mach 1's have dynoed ~ 280+ rwhp/306+ rwtq (a few as high as 290+ rwhp/310+ rwtq)

This equates to ~ 330-341 crank hp & 360-365 crank torque (assuming a 15% driveline loss.)

Compression ratio is up to 10:1 vs 9.85:1 for the '99/'01 4V.

The functional shaker scoop.
Ford has said that it provides a definite performance gain over 70 mph (what the gain is no one has publically said).
Hard to verify though (and impossible to verify on the dyno.)

Live rear axel.
Standard 3.55 gears vs 3.27 for all '99+ GT's & all 4V Cobras prior to '03.

revised suspension
Soft & seemingly "tuned for drag racing" (as quoted by magazine reveiwers of the car).
Old 01-04-2004, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Angus66
This equates to ~ 330-341 crank hp & 360-365 crank torque (assuming a 15% driveline loss.)
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. "Assuming" you have a 15% drivetrain loss means you are in fact a retard. Go figure out the actual number, then get back to us.

Ford has said that it provides a definite performance gain over 70 mph (what the gain is no one has publically said).
Hard to verify though (and impossible to verify on the dyno.)
Obviously ford is going to say that, you jackass, they manufactured the car. RadioShack also says their products work ... do you believe that too? And I am so glad you decided to throw another USELESS piece of information into another of your posts .... just gives me more to abuse you with.

Soft & seemingly "tuned for drag racing" (as quoted by magazine reveiwers of the car).
Wow dude, you really added alot of Rock hard evidence to the REAL stats that were given to us previously .... however, I think you forgot the "uhh I think it feels faster then a GT ... " factoid.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Hey i agree! There is no such thing as a "factory freak".. Just a better driver & conditions.. Bob i find you everywhere now i swear, your like a celebrity or something now.. They should start one of those Discovery Channel things with the Drag Racing Bob Cosby guy that builds up a car and drag races whoever shows up that day like those Orange County Choppers guys.. We have alot in common too, scary.. (i read your homepage) I was an AirForce guy for 10 years stationed in Virginia with a love for Racing around in Mustangs & pushin 40ish (11/18/64) Close eh.. Graduated in May 83, Joined up in 84.. Decommissioned the America in Norfolk also during my Raytheon Stint right after you left it & i got out of the AF aparantly.. hehe
There are factory freaks. Evidence can be seen in the horsepower range for LS1's. Between '98 and '02 you could have anywhere from 280 rwhp to 320 rwhp, depeding on year and tranny. Thats quite a big range. Some fine tuning and a block swap/computer change/etc would easily make a "freak" and take that range even further. There was rumor of some F-Bodys getting an LS6 block? Look around the internet for articles, talk to Venkmen or other "freak" owners, or ask people on this site for specific magazine articles. They're out there, trust me.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:40 AM

The f-bods getting an ls6 block isn't a rumor, it has been confirmed time and again.

If I remember correctly, didn't Venkmen dyno his car stock somewhere in the 330 hp range???

Justin, I will have to disagree with you, I think factory freaks and factory duds are a definite ... obviously every car is not manufactured perfectly to spec, which could conceivably cause the large fluctuation in numbers we see.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

The f-bods getting an ls6 block isn't a rumor, it has been confirmed time and again.

If I remember correctly, didn't Venkmen dyno his car stock somewhere in the 330 hp range???

Justin, I will have to disagree with you, I think factory freaks and factory duds are a definite ... obviously every car is not manufactured perfectly to spec, which could conceivably cause the large fluctuation in numbers we see.
Thank god you agreed with me, I know you always win your arguments....
Old 01-04-2004, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Thank god you agreed with me, I know you always win your arguments....

Originally Posted by BULLITT
dont suck up to that homo, phantom. He thinks he knows everything, but he's just a bitch with a slow car full of gay excuses
If you know that, then you already know all about our resident reject-troll, bullitt.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

Quick question....has anyone actually ran Bullshit? He talks a lotta funny smellin' ****....just wondering if anyone has shut him up or got shot down?
Old 01-04-2004, 02:19 AM
STF Veteran

If I remember correctly, he holds a forum record for excuses and missed dates and no-shows... but he actually showed up to the local race spot in his area once I believe, met one guy from ls1tech, didn't mention who he was, and got in his car and drove home without racing anybody. Apparently he really does drive a bullitt mustang, but whether it runs 9s or 19s, nobody knows.

I could be a bit fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure that's just about right.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

03AV8R....holy cow man, you worked on the America? LOL. That's neat - that was my best tour, and I was quite fond of that ship (didn't hurt that I earned my commission there). I was sad to see it go.

What do you do now? And you are right about too many coinidences....we're a week apart in age.

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
Tell that to Venkman.
Ok. Venkman, your car is not a factory freak.

How's that? BTW...was this before or after the "new" motor?

You can have or you can be anything you want on the internet. A "stock" car might not be stock at all. Additionally, it is stupidely easy to make a dyno read significantly higher (or lower) than it should - including SAE or STD corrected numbers.

I'm sorry - and believe what you wish - but I do not believe in "freaks".

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. "Assuming" you have a 15% drivetrain loss means you are in fact a retard. Go figure out the actual number, then get back to us.
I don't like to assume either, and I don't agree with the 15% moniker. Rather, I have seen testing back-to-back from an engine dyno to a chassis dyno (NMRA Factory Stock racer friend of mine) that showed a Tremec-equipped 380 flywheel HP engine made 335 RWHP (all SAE corrected, of course). As such, I'd say he is in the ballpark - certainly within the varience you'll see from dyno to dyno and from car to car.

Please....if you have any different testing evidence to offer to the contrary, by all means post it. Have you had your engine on both a chassis and engine dyno? While I disagree with a set percentage, 15% is quite commonly used by even reputable shops and dyno operators. Does that make them "morons" too?

Obviously ford is going to say that, you jackass, they manufactured the car. RadioShack also says their products work ... do you believe that too? And I am so glad you decided to throw another USELESS piece of information into another of your posts .... just gives me more to abuse you with.
Hmmm...if what he said is "worthless", what does that make your post? Double worthless?

Wow dude, you really added alot of Rock hard evidence to the REAL stats that were given to us previously .... however, I think you forgot the "uhh I think it feels faster then a GT ... " factoid.
See statement above. At least his input was lucid, constructive, and factually-based.

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
There are factory freaks. Evidence can be seen in the horsepower range for LS1's. Between '98 and '02 you could have anywhere from 280 rwhp to 320 rwhp, depeding on year and tranny. Thats quite a big range. Some fine tuning and a block swap/computer change/etc would easily make a "freak" and take that range even further. There was rumor of some F-Bodys getting an LS6 block? Look around the internet for articles, talk to Venkmen or other "freak" owners, or ask people on this site for specific magazine articles. They're out there, trust me.
I am going to respectfully disagree on the freak thing (again). While you will indeed see a 280-320 RWHP range, that can be easily explained (IMHO) by a number of factors, including:

1) M6 will dyno 15-20 RWHP more than A4
2) 01/02 LS1s will dyno 10-15 more than 98-00 LS1s
3) Dynos are not exact - they are a great tuning tool, but should not be used for exact comparison data.
4) Cars do vary in power by a few percent, but likely only 5-10 RWHP.

Again - if one wishes to believe in "freaks", hey, that's up to you. I however do not. To each their own.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Dude youve got anger issues you should have checked out..
Old 01-04-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

How in the **** is this stupid thing still going. *EDITED - BROKE THE COLONEL'S PERSONAL RULE* this is an arguement that happens over and over again, and that is ridiculous. i love talkin ****, but how about something new to talk about. I still think there are some things classified as "Freaks", but the only way that i know of this is when a person buys the car, lets it run through break through, dynos on a paper filter and what not, and then gets its numbers. but you just have to know that no one has done any work to it. Venkmans car might have a LS-6 block or what not in his car, so in a way it is not a freak, cause it is not the ls1 making the power, just the ls6. Just wondering bob, but if your car came straight out of the factory and made 40 rwhp more than any other cobra of your year model. would you think it was a freak? i think it would. but oh well just my two cents.

Bullitt is just a troll dumb ****. He actually did go out to a car show, and met TIT BAR. but left and went home to return his moms car before 12.

sorry for such a long and useless post.

Last edited by unit213; 01-06-2004 at 06:42 PM.