Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Z06 vs. 2008 Charger SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by San DiegoSRT8
The Diablo is nothing like the POS hypertech. They come with USB ports and cables so you can custom tune your car by simply uploading the tune from your computer to your Diablo to your car. We can even program our cars to run on 87 octane if we are gonna doa road trip and wanna save gas.
It's an upgrade to the basic hand tuner. But even superchips has a similar model but the diablo still doesn't cover everything. And the 87 octane has almost been an option for most, even hypertech has that, rofl! It's still limited compared to hptuners product. They are not even close.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
It's an upgrade to the basic hand tuner. But even superchips has a similar model but the diablo still doesn't cover everything. And the 87 octane has almost been an option for most, even hypertech has that, rofl! It's still limited compared to hptuners product. They are not even close.
I will believe it when I see it. If it does work that well, then great ! But the modern Hemi market has been flooded with "well known" producers of aftermarket parts promising that they are gonna have the best, blah blah blah. "Oh we are gonna release soon. Everything else will be subpar to ours once we release." , and of course each company has their own following of boosters/alumnists out there pumping up that product. Attesting to the "alleged" fact that that product is in fact the best, hands down . Whatever. Like I said. I will believe it when I see it.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

I will believe it when I see it. If it does work that well, then great ! But the modern Hemi market has been flooded with "well known" producers of aftermarket parts promising that they are gonna have the best, blah blah blah. "Oh we are gonna release soon. Everything else will be subpar to ours once we release." , and of course each company has their own following of boosters/alumnists out there pumping up that product. Attesting to the "alleged" fact that that product is in fact the best, hands down . Whatever. Like I said. I will believe it when I see it.
ROFL, have you ever seen hptuners software? I don't think you have.

I had a 2003 quad cab hemi truck, the hand held tuners are useless period. I know all about the aftermarket. Took them forever just to get aftermarket stuff. I remember clearly, it was frustrating. If I bought another, it would of been a turbo diesel, lol.

They have made leaps and bounds since late 2005. But face it, they are behind compared to the aftermarket with ford and chevy. But they will get better, it just takes time.

Hell, I almost bought a srt-8 product. Ended up buying a 2008 nitro r/t 4x4 instead. I have a toy car already, but I have really been thinking about selling the car and buying one.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Teching In

You're right. I haven't seen the software, but then again, I was never doubting that HPtuners has a good. I was simply stating that "I will believe it when I see it." That being the release of the tune for our cars. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

You're right. I haven't seen the software, but then again, I was never doubting that HPtuners has a good. I was simply stating that "I will believe it when I see it." That being the release of the tune for our cars. Nothing more, nothing less.
The problem i have with the hand helds is they don't cover everything. Just the basics. And I can see you point if you never seen it. Hpyertech gained me 9hp on the dyno on my ls1. I gained nearly 30 with the hptuners product. This is before the turbo. I just can't explain how much different they are.

This is why I bought hptuners over efilive software. Hptuners is supporting GM, Ford and soon to be dodge. No other full tuner software company is doing that. Check out the forums on hptuners. It will give you an idea on the release. I'm not brand loyal at all. I have to call them to give them my vin number to my current ride. Damn 4.0 motor doesn't have a tuner either. They want some infomation so maybe they can give me some help on releasing some tuning options for that nitro r/t.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I had a 2003 quad cab hemi truck, the hand held tuners are useless period. I know all about the aftermarket. Took them forever just to get aftermarket stuff. I remember clearly, it was frustrating. If I bought another, it would of been a turbo diesel, lol.

They have made leaps and bounds since late 2005. But face it, they are behind compared to the aftermarket with ford and chevy. But they will get better, it just takes time.

Hell, I almost bought a srt-8 product. Ended up buying a 2008 nitro r/t 4x4 instead. I have a toy car already, but I have really been thinking about selling the car and buying one.
I cant tell you how much I enjoy ours. I thought going from the Cobra to the SRT8 300C was gonna sting...nope! Fun as hell. Car is like a dream until you want to go WOT and man oh man is it fun! Awesome power and huge top ender. The low is very strong too but I hope you have stock in Goodyear.

FYI, I just installed the Diablo tuner and Wow, what a difference.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Teching In

but I have really been thinking about selling the car and buying one.
Come on.............. you know you wanna take a walk on the dark side.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have they figured out how to completely defeat the stability control on the LX cars yet?

That's always been one of my big beefs, no donuts or powerslides.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Have they figured out how to completely defeat the stability control on the LX cars yet?

I believe the Diablo can accomplish that. If not you can always remove the ABS fuses and go ***** out !!! Absolutely no traction control, whatsoever.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Come on.............. you know you wanna take a walk on the dark side.
Oh, no darkside about it.

I enjoy the srt-8 models. I've been in them all test driving.

It's nice to have your toys paid off though.

But I have really thought about selling the ls1 and buying one. We shall see. I've got plenty of time to decide what to do next.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Supertuners has been out; this isn't anything new. diablo came out second, rofl! And they work for what they are yes.

But I will say it again, They are primative to the real tuners. There isn't any comparison.

Hptuners will be done soon I hope for dodge, than there will be even more found on those hemis.
Um, first there is no Supertuners for SRT-8s. If you mean "Superchips" it was quickly proven they did nothing for SRT-8s.

B&G has a flash, but not an adjustable tuner.

Then you compare results but no mention of what parameter(s) were changed.

Finally how much more hp do you really expect to get from the 6.1 in a "REAL" tuner like the one you're fawning all over vs. the Diablo without changing parts or to a speed-density system?

Why don't you go on their website and tell us what exactly it's lacking?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AronZ28

Just hold the ESP button down for 6 seconds and don't use the brakes. Don't need the brakes anyway for a donut/powerslide.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Um, first there is no Supertuners for SRT-8s. If you mean "Superchips" it was quickly proven they did nothing for SRT-8s.

B&G has a flash, but not an adjustable tuner.

Then you compare results but no mention of what parameter(s) were changed.

Finally how much more hp do you really expect to get from the 6.1 in a "REAL" tuner like the one you're fawning all over vs. the Diablo without changing parts or to a speed-density system?

Why don't you go on their website and tell us what exactly it's lacking?
yes, superchips, rofl. And I agree, there's nothing available yet from them on the srt-8, just the base 5.7 and their results were great from what I read on the forums. There will be a tune from everyone eventually.

Some of the cool feartures are comparing two different tunes.
These 3 key feartures:
• Black box data logging (hardware logging without a laptop)
• Wide band inputs
• 2 programmable outputs

There's too many to list but these are some of the key ones.

All well, enough for me. I think we this thread too much already. Sorry to the OP. Any more feedback, pm me. I'm more than willing to share my experiences.