Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Merv Vs. C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay. I've seen his car personally on base, I didn't see any nitrous lines or any bottle(s) or brackets. Unless he has installed a nitrous system recently, I mean RECENTLY. I know his car is ALL motor. BTW, you're talking about a guy who thinks pretty much NITROUS is CHEATING. Unless he changed his mind... lately.

ALSO, for the record, I'm local... I'm not from here but I live here.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering equal traction (which i know randy didn't have traction) the only place you would have an advantage is out of the hole. Your car weighs more, is an auto (which is better for drag racing only because of the holeshot, lets not get into that arguement) and MAYBE makes the same amount of power at the motor.....I'd bet damn near anything your car WILL NOT run down a stock C6 ZO6 on the big end (that is what you're claiming after all right?)

Bottom line....the only reason you even half *** have a chance against a C6Z is because randy has to baby his car through first and second to even think about getting traction. Don't go getting a big head because you run with a car that can't hook up.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Default 135 in a quater

Originally Posted by the_merv
Posting this up as a general kill story..that and one of my personal goals was to eat up one of these cars..

1995 Camaro Z28:
Home-built 402 LSX/L92 Iron Block Stroker Conversion, ALL MOTOR
Comp Custom Grind, SS3600 Stall, 3.73's, Tuned
Many other supporting Mods..

2007 Corvette Z06: Factory Stock

It was myself and one of the guys from the local area who has one..and there was no driver error on both ends, both Cars were fit ready to run, and driven good.

We lined up, flagger signaled, the Vette got the jump and left out by half a car at first, I reeled him in by the end of first gear, started to pull in second, and walked away in third. I shut down a little past the 1/4 mile mark about 2 car-lengths in front at about 135mph..that is the speed I was at, the people watching told me the rest.

Those Cars are beasts for a Factory Car, no question about that..
The Camaro just has a little more punch in it though..

I had an agreement not to post this, but the word got around, and I heard a little rumor accusing me of running N20, so I figured I would let the rest of the peeps here say otherwise about a built H/C 402 with the supporting mods other than the "He has N20" bullshit..
so your telling me you can go around 120mph to 125mph in a thousand foot if your doing 135mph in a quarter with out nitrous which will bring your time to ruffly mid 8's in a thousand foot i call BULL ****!!!!!!!!!!!! my old car would do 131mph in a thousand foot and run 8.01 to 8.17 all day long. now im not saying your car is not fast but you need to stop lying about the nitrous. like whats under the floor on passangers side. and whats got me really curious is what transmission your running because if your putting down the power you think you are that 4l60 will not hold it!!!!!!! ----AND YES I DO WANT A REMATCH MY STOCK 5.0 IS BEGGING FOR ONE--------
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by MontereyLS1
Don't go getting a big head because you run with a car that can't hook up.
Well, I hope he won't.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by caseman
and whats got me really curious is what transmission your running because if your putting down the power you think you are that 4l60 will not hold it!!!!!!! ----AND YES I DO WANT A REMATCH MY STOCK 5.0 IS BEGGING FOR ONE--------

He has that tranny built in SEARCY. CALEB built it, ask him.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Considering equal traction (which i know randy didn't have traction) the only place you would have an advantage is out of the hole. Your car weighs more, is an auto (which is better for drag racing only because of the holeshot, lets not get into that arguement) and MAYBE makes the same amount of power at the motor.....I'd bet damn near anything your car WILL NOT run down a stock C6 ZO6 on the big end (that is what you're claiming after all right?)

Bottom line....the only reason you even half *** have a chance against a C6Z is because randy has to baby his car through first and second to even think about getting traction. Don't go getting a big head because you run with a car that can't hook up.
Thanks for summing that up for me! I forgot to mention how cold it was that night. At least you know that 32 degree temps can mess up traction!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Tell the trap speed, you need 125++ to claim to kill the z06. I'm sure the kind of setup(if its all right) you have can do that.

Good kill..
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't always got along with Merv, but I am local and I'd bet any one of you a lot of money that he doesn't have nitrous. Anyone who knows the guy knows that he is the Anti-Christ of nitrous. He abhors it....a little too much IMO. It's a means of accomplishing the end goal to me. If you want to use, more power to you.

That being said, Merv doesn't use it at all. People need to admit that he has a fast car. Whether the engine and tranny will last or not is another story. I see the rear end and tranny going down the drain soon....but Merv knows that's the price of power. He'll upgrade when he needs to. I know C6 Z's are insane, but so is Merv's car. A win is a win whether it's a fender or a mile. Props to you Merv.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I haven't always got along with Merv, but I am local and I'd bet any one of you a lot of money that he doesn't have nitrous. Anyone who knows the guy knows that he is the Anti-Christ of nitrous. He abhors it....a little too much IMO. It's a means of accomplishing the end goal to me. If you want to use, more power to you.

That being said, Merv doesn't use it at all. People need to admit that he has a fast car. Whether the engine and tranny will last or not is another story. I see the rear end and tranny going down the drain soon....but Merv knows that's the price of power. He'll upgrade when he needs to. I know C6 Z's are insane, but so is Merv's car. A win is a win whether it's a fender or a mile. Props to you Merv.
I never said that his car wasn't fast or that he didn't win the race, I was simply stating the facts because he stated them to suit his ego, rather than telling it the way it really was.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

MERV....A win is a win, but at least be honest about it. tell the whole story. (Other guy had a Passenger). For someone who said they wouldn't post this story you did a great job being so descriptive. If you tell someone you're not gonna run your mouth about them then don't. Eventually you're gonna meet up with the wrong guy and he's gonna slap the **** out of you. All I've ever seen of you on here, is you being bitched at because you run mouth so much. Venemous has a great point. Why is it that the only people who give you props are people from out of state. Chances are It's because everyone around here knows you're nothing but a joke!You don't personally know me but it has effected directly. You made me look like an *** on the day I set up a dyno day at POLK PERFORMANCE. Just a few days before you managed to run your fat *** mouth so much that only 6 our of about 20 people that said they were gonna show up actually did.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

traction isn't part of racing?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

If youre not gonna tell the whole story then your stories should read like this...
I beat a stock C6 Z06......
I beat a stock 5.0........
Dude, give up the whole idea of wanting everyone in the forums to think you're the ****.
Get a girl friend to stroke your ego...or find some homeless homo on LR to do it.. just STFU!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by venemous
I never said that his car wasn't fast or that he didn't win the race, I was simply stating the facts because he stated them to suit his ego, rather than telling it the way it really was.
Let's stick to the facts then....he doesn't spray! He should though. That car would be absolutely sick with spray.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Let's stick to the facts then....he doesn't spray! He should though. That car would be absolutely sick with spray.
Who are you and how would you even know? Have you checked his car for
N20, much less the night I ran him. Besides, I'm not trying to argue with you. I don't care if he has it or not, but that's what I was told.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

To the guys that know me..it's not worth it..trust me. I appreciate it..but this childish **** is gettin old..people's ego's are starting to get hurt here..

Yea, the car would be sick with some Spray, but I don't want it.

Randy..who ever told you that I have spray..you know the anwer as well as I do..you just got beat by the one and only Merv..**** happens, life goes on..

As far as traction..I have said bring that Corvette out to Memphis and lets play on the Track..but yea that's not happenin..lol

Regardless of traction or not, Run what you Brung, and I brought something that ate that red-lighting(as in jumping the gun) Corvette...I didn't mention that part, but I will now say that you red-lighted and I still caught it before 2nd gear.

I do love how you talked it up before the race and kept on driving when we all pulled over to talk about it..

I'm done with this crap..next goal it my 10sec Time Slip, I'm sure that will happen to..

Funny how one of the fastest cars around is a beat up Camaro with a Hand-built Engine by a 23 yr old guy.. and with not a whole lot in it..

N20, much less the night I ran him. Besides, I'm not trying to argue with you. I don't care if he has it or not, but that's what I was told.
He is one of my guys from the Base Randy..see people come out with the Truth when it's needed..you got some bad info.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
9 Second Club

Well, I have to say that I know not many people gave Mervs car a snowballs chance in hell of running worth a **** from the get go. Randy, I do not know you, nor am I trying to start ****. I tuned the Mervs car, the car is on 31* of timing, 13.0 AFR.....he does not have nitrous on the car. People are really not being open minded on this one, A Z06 is quick but a motor with about 50 more rwhp and as light as it is, proved that it was quicker. No biggie, hell who cares. If Merv would have lost, everyone would have been posting laughing and ****, so he posted and everyone is jumping his ****. Merv get some juice for your car, and come back for a re-tune. If you are being accused, you might as well be guilty right?????
Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

I've known Merv for a couple years now. I knew him back when he was running the LT1 and even then it was faster than most would have thought possible. I'm not trying to take sides, if you had been on here a couple months ago you'd have seen me having words with Merv in a big way. But I'm honest and wanted to clear up the whole nitrous accusation.

And yes, I see his car all the time. I see it frequently at the hobby shop on base when he's working on it. I've been under it, in it and all around it and I can say without a doubt that his car has never seen a bottle. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. It is what it is.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

To the guys that know me..it's not worth it..trust me. I appreciate it..but this childish **** is gettin old..people's ego's are starting to get hurt here..

Yea, the car would be sick with some Spray, but I don't want it.

Randy..who ever told you that I have spray..you know the anwer as well as I do..you just got beat by the one and only Merv..**** happens, life goes on..

As far as traction..I have said bring that Corvette out to Memphis and lets play on the Track..but yea that's not happenin..lol

Regardless of traction or not, Run what you Brung, and I brought something that ate that red-lighting(as in jumping the gun) Corvette...I didn't mention that part, but I will now say that you red-lighted and I still caught it before 2nd gear.

I do love how you talked it up before the race and kept on driving when we all pulled over to talk about it..

I'm done with this crap..next goal it my 10sec Time Slip, I'm sure that will happen to..

Funny how one of the fastest cars around is a beat up Camaro with a Hand-built Engine by a 23 yr old guy.. and with not a whole lot in it..

He is one of my guys from the Base Randy..see people come out with the Truth when it's needed..you got some bad info.
I admit we all have our good days as well as our bad and I want a rematch friday night. We'll meet and discuss the time and place. Also, by you trying to make your age sound like you've accomplished something big doesn't mean **** to me! Hell, I had accomplished more at 23 than you will in your entire life!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

That's taking it a little too far Merv...I'm not one of your guys, but I will speak the truth when needed.

Last edited by 99Hawk262; 12-08-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

I admit we all have our good days as well as our bad and I want a rematch friday night. We'll meet and discuss the time and place. Also, by you trying to make your age sound like you've accomplished something big doesn't mean **** to me! Hell, I had accomplished more at 23 than you will in your entire life!
What a shitty attitdue, dude you are just acting all butt hurt. You don't have to say things like that. He serves our ******* country every day, do you??? You might want to show some respect to people who make this country free so you can have your Z06 and all your accomplishments.