Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobra crashes while messing with me

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
breaking traction is fun but dangerous. on a gravel road is one thing. breaking traction while messing with someone on the busiest intersection of a town of 64000 people is quite another.
Ya i don't think rocksws6 has broken traction in a busy intersection, haha. It happened to me twice in the rain, probably the some of the scariest moments of my life, and no it wasn't with a light pole, but with two cars. Luckily i knew how to maneuver the car out of the way...Now i drive like a grandma when it rains, kinda hate it...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar thing happen except this was around a 17 year old I'd say in a new SUV. I was in my turbo MR2 with built suspension and I kept messing with him because he was driving like a dick so he got on my *** and stayed as close as he could. I was getting onto another interstate and so was he and the ramp/overpass was a long sweeping turn except right before the overpass there was a slight hump where the road met the bridge. Well i knew it was there so I hit the 45mph sweeping turn at 75mph and he was staying with me. As soon as I hit the hump my suspension unloaded and quickly came back because of my springs and shocks....His did not. The suspension on his SUV unloaded and didn't allow him to turn so he overcorrected and when the suspension loaded back up his wheels were turned too sharp and he plowed into the cement wall at about 50mph I'd say, hit that wall and it bounced him into the other wall where his SUV stopped. I watched it all in the rear view mirror and just laughed and kept going. What a dumbass, I came back the other way about 2 hours later and there was another car up there (mom?), Highway Patrol, and a Wrecker. Mom better go buy him another SUV!!! Don't think that one made it...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Teching In

i would show some sort of remorse, considering a 50mph collision with a wall is nothing to laugh about. having been in more than one bad accident (brake failure, drunk driver) i wouldnt wish it on anyone.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I had a similar thing happen except this was around a 17 year old I'd say in a new SUV. I was in my turbo MR2 with built suspension and I kept messing with him because he was driving like a dick so he got on my *** and stayed as close as he could. I was getting onto another interstate and so was he and the ramp/overpass was a long sweeping turn except right before the overpass there was a slight hump where the road met the bridge. Well i knew it was there so I hit the 45mph sweeping turn at 75mph and he was staying with me. As soon as I hit the hump my suspension unloaded and quickly came back because of my springs and shocks....His did not. The suspension on his SUV unloaded and didn't allow him to turn so he overcorrected and when the suspension loaded back up his wheels were turned too sharp and he plowed into the cement wall at about 50mph I'd say, hit that wall and it bounced him into the other wall where his SUV stopped. I watched it all in the rear view mirror and just laughed and kept going. What a dumbass, I came back the other way about 2 hours later and there was another car up there (mom?), Highway Patrol, and a Wrecker. Mom better go buy him another SUV!!! Don't think that one made it...

I get pissed when someone is tailgating me also lol, but damn I don't think I've ever tried to wreck someone.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

"its way too slick out to race man i mean, how damn stupid could you be?
im 18, shouldnt i be the dumb *** that wrecked my car messing with someone, instead of using the proper judgement?
just thought i would share

LOL goes to show u even older guys do dumb *** things even younger guys know when it's to slick to race .

That was a nice Cobra (WHAT AN IDIOT)
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Teching In

my guess would be it was his first fast car or something. ive owned a number of fast cars, and driven cars that didnt belong to me.
if you respect a fast car for what it is, you can drive it in bad weather. but when someone doesnt yet know how the car will act it becomes a whole different thing.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Driving with my grandson today some dick head in a brand new red RT charger tried baiting me to race him. Traffic was trouble so I just laugh thinking what a ***. So he gets next to me and guns it and almost t bones a truck. Can not believe some of these guys with there new cars.........just because it has a hemi makes him joe racer.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Teching In

tell me about it man, at least he didnt wreck anything you know?
good job not racing when you have your grandson with you. i never race when someone else is in the car like family
Old 12-24-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

tell me about it man, at least he didnt wreck anything you know?
good job not racing when you have your grandson with you. i never race when someone else is in the car like family
+1 or friends.