Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 Sti vs 06 Sti

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Sti vs 06 Sti

I took a friend from school for a ride in my car a while back. He had always been a V8 fan and heard that my car was "supposed" to be pretty fast. He had heard that stuff before from "ricers" and was having trouble believing a 4cyl could really be that quick. So after the ride he was like "damn man that's a fast fn car!". So about 2 weeks later he comes to class and says "come out here, see what you made me do". So we walk outside and there sits an almost brand new 05 Sti Only mod it had that I could see was a CAI, my mods are in sig. Anyway he wanted to see where his car's performance was in relation to mine, and I too was interested to see the result of all the work I've put into my car. Besides it's been over a month since i've had a race and I was jones'n bad.

First race:

30-40mph I honk it off and give him the hit. He pulls about 1/4 of a car and then I hit it. I immeadiately pull 2 cars on him and he lets out. Im doing about 80mph.

Second race:

60mph, again I honk it off and give him the hit. Like first race he pulls a little till I hit it and this time he's starting to get in the dead spot for his stock turbo and I pull buslengths and I let off at around 100mph.

Couple fun races and it was cool to see how much better I'm doing over a mostly stock Sti.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, i wish I could just go out and buy a new STI... lol

and youve got a lot over a stock STi :O nice race
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know how the 20g compares to the stock snail. When you gonna add meth? ohhhh and what exhaust do you have? You on nasioc.com or iwsti.com?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Teching In

whats yours run in the quarter?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThoR294
damn, i wish I could just go out and buy a new STI... lol

and youve got a lot over a stock STi :O nice race
Yah he hasn't bought a new car in a long time and he's about to go to work out of school so he decided to get one. I knew what the outcome would be but still was fun.

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Good to know how the 20g compares to the stock snail. When you gonna add meth? ohhhh and what exhaust do you have? You on nasioc.com or iwsti.com?
It was cool to see the difference in modded and unmodded, stock there not to slow; and I gave him a sound beating

I'm not sure on the Meth. right now my tuner is of the opinion that it's popularity has run it's course. The AFR's and temps are not really the limitation but rather the pressure on the ring lands. We decided my next modding session will be; APS header, Prodrive boost solenoid and the APS DR 725 FMIC oh yeah and of course..... more boost

I have the Cobb exhaust with cat. and I love it, no buzzy sound and very smooth. In no way does it look, or sound like a fart can.

I'm on Nasioc and club wrx my user name over there is Scooby-06.

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
whats yours run in the quarter?
I haven't had it back to the track since I had the upgraded turbo and stuff put in. With exhaust and tune (cobb stage II) I went 8.3 @ 83mph thru the 1/8th on pump gas. Which (a little bench racing here) is supposedly a 12.8 in the 1/4. Since then I've added right at 100whp; so I feel like I'm good for low 12's on pump gas, and perhaps sneak into the 11's with a c16 map.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Restricted User

good runs...
Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

I love those boxer engines...now if I can just sneak one of those new wrx sti engines in my 90 fwd legacy 5spd.....I wont get any traction
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
I love those boxer engines...now if I can just sneak one of those new wrx sti engines in my 90 fwd legacy 5spd.....I wont get any traction
Lol yah, with Fwd might be hard to put down 369whp. But if you just got a stock STi motor and put TBE and tune I think you would be ok. Now that would be a sweet sleeper
Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackbird39

It was cool to see the difference in modded and unmodded, stock there not to slow; and I gave him a sound beating

I'm not sure on the Meth. right now my tuner is of the opinion that it's popularity has run it's course. The AFR's and temps are not really the limitation but rather the pressure on the ring lands. We decided my next modding session will be; APS header, Prodrive boost solenoid and the APS DR 725 FMIC oh yeah and of course..... more boost
Damn! That's alot of money your talking about there. That intercooler in its self damn pricey, and I'm guessing the headers are about the same price. Guess that means I would have to buy some heads and maybe some spray huh?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
Damn! That's alot of money your talking about there. That intercooler in its self damn pricey, and I'm guessing the headers are about the same price. Guess that means I would have to buy some heads and maybe some spray huh?
Yeah lol the never ending mod war woot! Looks like it will be around $4,200 with header wrap and dyno tune. Damn STi's get expensive to make fast in a St8 line Heads and spray now that would just be sick!!