Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Official GT500 KILL

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My .02: Cars don't pull low et's their driver does or doesn't. ....C'mon how boring would this section be if we didn't have the mustang boys checking in to keep the rivalry strong and interesting as well as very funny from time to time. Mi Casa su casa (I didnt do so well in spanish). Obviously I'm not a blue oval fan, but like unit said (in so many words) it's not like the blue ovals are invading the tech sections, street racing and kills is where they make their presence known. We'd all be bored to death if they weren't on this site, those of you who are the most pissed off about the fords are the ones posting the most, in response.
(* but in all honesty we should all find a mustang site and start some **** up lol, give em a taste of their own medicine... any takers?)
Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

BTW, I'm lurking the streets looking for the right time and space to try and kill a 06+ ZO6. Not NA but the bottle is back in the car and ready to be armed.
I have to plan this one, cause the sixes are much lighter, but I think I got a good chance till 150mph. Pull a few cars on the kill and then back down

The biggest spanking I ever got was from a 900hp Supra, that car just dissapeared, made me a believer in boost. I met with the guy at a show meet later and he admited spending well over $150K in the car, but what a beauty.

I would give my left chiwawa for a twin turbo Lingenfelter 427 cid C6/ZO6

Last edited by PREDATOR-Z; 12-17-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phirepower
We'd all be bored to death if they weren't on this site, those of you who are the most pissed off about the fords are the ones posting the most, in response.
(* but in all honesty we should all find a mustang site and start some **** up lol, give em a taste of their own medicine... any takers?)
I've already recognized a few guys on here from SVTP. Plenty of LSX guys there & plenty of **** to stir up too.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
BTW, I'm lurking the streets looking for the right time and space to try and kill a 06+ ZO6. Not NA but the bottle is back in the car and ready to be armed.
I have to plan this one, cause the sixes are much lighter, but I think I got a good chance till 150mph. Pull a few cars on the kill and then back down

The biggest spanking I ever got was from a 900hp Supra, that car just dissapeared, made me a believer in boost. I met with the guy at a show meet later and he admited spending well over $150K in the car, but what a beauty.

I would give my left chiwawa for a twin turbo Lingenfelter 427 cid C6/ZO6

sounds like a friens of mine thats got a 388tt camaro and makes 1000hp, he had not been beat (turbod cobras, busas etc..) then he raced a supra down here with what looked like a semi turbo and the supra passed him at 100 while leaving black markes with 28in slicks
Old 12-17-2007, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember, I'm A4 (3.73 gears) and this is from a roll a bit below 80mph.
Very interesting "race". But races take on all kinds of "start" and "finish" definitions these days...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My .02: Cars don't pull low et's their driver does or doesn't. ....C'mon how boring would this section be if we didn't have the mustang boys checking in to keep the rivalry strong and interesting as well as very funny from time to time. Mi Casa su casa (I didnt do so well in spanish). Obviously I'm not a blue oval fan, but like unit said (in so many words) it's not like the blue ovals are invading the tech sections, street racing and kills is where they make their presence known. We'd all be bored to death if they weren't on this site, those of you who are the most pissed off about the fords are the ones posting the most, in response.
I am trying to get my wifes boss to race me in his C6 Z06, but he knows I have the juice so he is not so excited about it
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Lol at this thread.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default yep!!!

:
Originally Posted by BigBronco
Mustangs are huge piles of ****!
Just like that stang with the tires up in your sig that will eat my camaro alive Man this thread is funny Nobody body is going to win when we run out of gas in the world, Then what??? I guess I will have to buy some LS7 shoes with a ported and polish trickflow hat and a do 10 lines of speed and go huntin for people with 03-04 corba boots and a ported stock blower or kenny bell jeans on.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, i'm not usualy the one posting kill stories, but I have been wanting to measure up to a GT500 for a long time now. After all this is the best FORD can offer in our league.

Here goes;

Cruising on the Hwy (3 lane), about 80mph or so in the fast lane.
I come across a white GT500 with blue stripes. First I thought it was just another stang from afar. As I approached I got more and more excited; could I be so lucky? Is this really a Shelby? you betcha !!!

By that time he saw me too, he proceeded to move to my lane, I understood the chalenge and moved alongside him in the middle. Still around 80mph.

We slow down a little and he gives me the go sign. we both mashed it almost instantaneously. I went from OD to 3rd smack in the middle of my powerband at peak trq.
We went almost head to head untill I shifted into 4th. Then I started pulling away. i couldn't really believe it, after all this was NA VS 500fwhp FI

I kept creeping away untill about 6K rpm at around 145 mph, I was running out of gear (3.73), but i had a good 2 car length on him.

I backed down.

He wanted another go, but traffic got thicker, I denied.

I didn't really thing I would pull one from a roll, this was tittylating

BTW my camaro is 370 cid, 12:1 SCR, 5.3L ported heads, MAC mids, Custom exhaust, Cam: 224/222 .612/.576 117+0 LSA, VIG 3800 stall, stock 10 bold built W/3.73, 4L60E Level 5 by FLT etc.....

Perhaps next year, FORD will throw something new on the road, so much for the Shelby mystique.

Damn you have a 370cid high compression motor with ported heads, custom cam, exhaust, stall, gears, etc and you only beat a stock GT500 by 2 lengths? Good kill I guess...I'd have expected the GT500 not to have done as well as it did!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After going back over the facts, I think we can establish that the Shelby probably was not stock. Probably a pullied stallion for it to keep so close in that race......since that's the least that needs be done to get a GT500 near an 11 flat.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually that has been going on for quite a while. There's many an LSX owner that have become regulars in the Street/Strip section of the Mustang site I frequent. Always good to have rival car owners hanging around in a section like this....keeps things interesting and informative.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213

PM'ing you...
PM'd ya back.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
First off, punctuation is your friend, try using it. Second, who are you? Oh yeah, you only have 0 posts, good job.

I like your little comment about how GM used a significantly larger motor to keep up with a stock 03 Cobra. First off, I have seen BOLT ON LS1's beat 03 Cobras. It's more like your precious little Ford NEEDED a blower to keep up with a NA GM. Look what happened when GM put a blower on it's LS3, we got the LS9 and 650+ RWHP. The reason GM doesn't use FI induction is because they can do the same NA.

I'm not trying to make the other guy look bad and I am not thrashing on the GT500. Those things can be made fast, just like any other car can be when money is put into it. But right away all the Blue Oval guys came in and started saying how the LS1 NEEDED a cam...etc to keep up with a STOCK GT500. We don't know if it was stock and, I'm sorry, but comparing a 325 HP Stock LS1 to a 500 HP FI Cobra is recockulous. Of course the LS1 is going to need some mods to keep up with the Cobra, ****, the LS1 is 5 years older than the Cobra.

Honestly man, take your 0 post and go cry in the sand.
Punctuation isn't my friend. I'm not trying to impress you either. It was never my specialty, but thanks for getting off topic. You took personal all to much what I said. I personally did not mean any of what I said. My point is any one can turn that whole chevy vs ford agruement around and make the other guy look bad, just because one uses cubes, and the other uses fi. I personally don't care. I'm a straight up die hard ford fan myself and I'm buying and ls1 ta as of april for my 3rd car. I'm not bias by all means. And another thing, why pull out the post card? Honestly, the concept of a forum is to speak your mind. You honestly don't own ls1 tech and just cause you've been here longer or have more post's does not mean your better then me. I like f bodys and I like my mustangs. Don't critizise me for wanting the best of both worlds.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

btw I have more then 0 posts. Something must be messed upwith my account.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Trapping 110-113mph in a 297rwhp F-bod?

"Whipped by LSX power any day?" That NEVER happened to me when I was out around here.
No, trapping 108-109 though, but since when does trap speed have anything to do with winning races?
The Cobra is bad ***, no doubt, but its massive low end torque is seemingly uncontrollable by 90% of their drivers (at least the ones I have run into), which leave me a car or two out on them by the time they grab second. On the street or at the track. I have quite a few timeslips where I beat cars in the other lane that ran 112-114, sixty foot wins the race.

As for the LSX statement, note the part about +non drivers, and you shouldn't take any offense...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
No, trapping 108-109 though, but since when does trap speed have anything to do with winning races?
Alot depending on what kind of racing. Since more than 50% of racing is done from a roll it means more than ET. A car running 11.3@117mph is not going to beat a car running 11.9@125mph from a roll.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Termi's actually suck getting off the line stock. 1st gear is useless and if you give it too much you get wheel hop. Then it noses over and then 2nd gears goes up in smoke. I was never that impressed with them stock.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Yeah Termi's actually suck getting off the line stock. 1st gear is useless and if you give it too much you get wheel hop. Then it noses over and then 2nd gears goes up in smoke. I was never that impressed with them stock.
Learn to drive it will help wonders
Old 12-19-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know how to drive, I had a Cobra.....nice try...I am talking about what the average driver will experience.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

You never said anything about an average driver. Infact you simply made it clear that you had no idea wtf you were doing in it. It "noses over"? WTF are you talking about? That traction control button, you're supose to turn it off! I think you meant...

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I wish I knew how to drive, I had a Cobra.....nice try...I am talking about what the average driver like me will experience.
Yes to the average person (if you want to call it that) it is alittle much to handle (as is any car with over 350rwhp) but with a days of driving they should be able to handle it alot better than what you described!