Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Blackbird39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438 whp)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
That guy on this forum?

definitely man....They running all winter?

i have no clue i doubt it. he was an older guy.

n im not sure when they close, but they were open 2 weekends ago so maybe
Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
I think there was about a car lenght between my back bumper and your front end but none the less it was some great runs. I guess we will know for sure this saturday when you bring the camera.

There might have been some space between us but definitly not a car length. Now on the way back down the mountain I would say me and the stock STi pulled about 40-50 buslenths on you lol. I guess you gave up after your brakes started shuddering and we were to far ahead to see?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
There might have been some space between us but definitly not a car length. Now on the way back down the mountain I would say me and the stock STi pulled about 40-50 buslenths on you lol. I guess you gave up after your brakes started shuddering and we were to far ahead to see?

That is totally true! I didn't know the road to good and after my brakes started shuttering I decided to let off. As far as the drag racing goes it doesn't matter if it was a foot or a mile becuase I did bet you!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

As far as the drag racing goes it doesn't matter if it was a foot or a mile becuase I did bet you!
Yup.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Teching In

That is totally true! I didn't know the road to good and after my brakes started shuttering I decided to let off. As far as the drag racing goes it doesn't matter if it was a foot or a mile becuase I did bet you!
ask any racer, any real racer it doesnt matter weather you win by and inch or a mile.......LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
ask any racer, any real racer it doesnt matter weather you win by and inch or a mile.......LOL
To Fast To Furious!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
That's for sure! But IMO a close race is much more exciting than a full out raping, unless of course it's a **** talking douchebag.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

About time for some drilled and slotted rotors and some better pads. The brakes on my trans am are the best I've ever had. I haven't had a bit of fade or shudders or any type of a hiccup.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
About time for some drilled and slotted rotors and some better pads. The brakes on my trans am are the best I've ever had. I haven't had a bit of fade or shudders or any type of a hiccup.
My Blackbird had upgraded calipers and dimpled rotors they were amazing brakes. In Deals gap they still would start to fade by the end, it's alot of car to be slowing down. My STi came stock with Brembo's, over at the Gap I can make a pass down to the overlook and then turn right around and go back up to the store. I guess the money I saved in stock suspension goodies will all have to go into the motor.

Have you and Yellow had a chance to run yet?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No I figure if we are all going to meet up sat. we'll just do it then. I think I'm going to run you first to see if I should even be lining up next him. If you beat me then there's no sense in me running him right?

Last edited by rocksws6; 12-20-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

No I figure if we are all going to meet up sat. we'll just do it then. I think I'm going to run you first to see if I should even be lining up next him. If you beat me then there's no sense in me running him right?
Well yes and no, it would still be fun to run him win or lose. I had an absolute blast the other night even though I lost the roll race. If you run him from a roll and he gets you, then maybe we should do some real drag race's from a dig.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Well yes and no, it would still be fun to run him win or lose. I had an absolute blast the other night even though I lost the roll race. If you run him from a roll and he gets you, then maybe we should do some real drag race's from a dig.
Yeah I was just kiddin. I'll race anybody I don't care if I win or lose. I have fun beatin on my car by myself, getting to race somebody in the process that's just a damn bonus. Besides if either of you beat me its not going to be by much. With it being as cold as its been lately the dig runs ain't looking to good though. It would just want to spin trying to get it to launch. Maybe if I had a 9" and some DR's then we could talk.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Yeah I was just kiddin. I'll race anybody I don't care if I win or lose. I have fun beatin on my car by myself, getting to race somebody in the process that's just a damn bonus. Besides if either of you beat me its not going to be by much. With it being as cold as its been lately the dig runs ain't looking to good though. It would just want to spin trying to get it to launch. Maybe if I had a 9" and some DR's then we could talk.

im gonna hafta c if i can borrow some d/r before i run you guys, if not ill be havin to do 50 or 60 rolls
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

ughhhhh... u guys make me so jealous... having weather you can race in....
Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Teching In

i would rather have weather i can snowboard in!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

well we don't have either at this point... for a while there, 7Springs (the big resort in the area) had lots of snow, but the recent warm spell in the high 30's has brough rain and i doubt there's much snow left... I check the snow report daily... just can't wait to get outa again too!! I'm a skiier tho!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs. I'm surprised to see the STI keeping up that well from a roll with a GTO making 438rwhp. I make 400/367 and pulled just slightly on an 03 Evo making 38Xwhp, and I had a passenger and the Evo did not. The GTO doesn't weigh much more than me with a passenger, and he's making 38rwhp more. Not to mention the -20whp of the STI vs the Evo. Weird.

Then again, I don't know the driver situation with you guys.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 12-20-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Teching In

the gto prob still weighs a good 250lbs more than you with a pass. and really if the evo was makin that much pwr he should have had over 400 ft/lbs and prob should have been even or edged you out. but who knows. alot of crazy outcomes happen on the street
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice runs. I'm surprised to see the STI keeping up that well from a roll with a GTO making 438rwhp. I make 400/367 and pulled just slightly on an 03 Evo making 38Xwhp, and I had a passenger and the Evo did not. The GTO doesn't weigh much more than me with a passenger, and he's making 38rwhp more. Not to mention the -20whp of the STI vs the Evo. Weird.

I wasn't given it any slack! I was actually getting alittle wheel spin from second to third but stayed in it. If the runs get any closer Im going to order a wet kit.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

Well IMO I have the best Tuner/builder in the Subaru aftermarket: Boxer4racing. But a big part of the issue here is blown out of proportion dyno #'s with the EVO's & STi's. They are 4cyl engines and it takes careful planning and intuitive building to make good hp out of them.

Seems like everybody is claiming huge hp #'s and "only" xx psi. Hell I don't even want to claim 360whp even tho I have a mustang dyno slip saying that my car did pull that. My car is a very strong running car for 19psi and I attribute that to the expertise of Boxer4racing. They only look at Dyno #'s as a tuning tool, not as the end all.

Truthfully the AWD dyno's are still in their infancy and nobody really knows how much to correct for drivetrain losses. When people dump 4-6k into engine mods they don't want to hear oh you put down 300whp. So these dyno owners are influenced to correct the numbers which just hurts everybody.