Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Blackbird39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438 whp)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackbird39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438 whp)

Well several of the users on here: rocksws6, Blackbird39, Yellowsierra, and brian06eleanor have been planning to get some runs in against each other for fun.

Last night me and Yellowsierra got together to scout out some roads for possible run site. I took him to a deserted area outside of town with a decent str8 with enough room to shut down before getting back into the curves.

After driving down it, and looking it over, we decided to go for a run. The temp. last night was a balmy 27 F and with Yellowsiera being on street tires a dig race for him would have been an exercise in futility. So we settled on a 40mph roll race.

First race: He honks it off and I pull for a second then each shift he pulls about a 1/4 car we shut down at around 100mph with him ahead and my front fender on his bumper.

Second race: pretty much same as first except we stay in it till around 105-110mph with me again at his rear bumper. After I get into 4th I stay in my power band longer and it seemed to me neither of us was gaining any.

Great runs and props to Yellowsierra for an awesome car Stay tuned this was just a practice session. More races coming up when we all get together and they will be on video.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Teching In

sounds like some good runs, that sti is stout. underpowered in the race but held its own very well id like to c a 20-120 , you got a good weight adv. over the goat.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
sounds like some good runs, that sti is stout. underpowered in the race but held its own very well id like to c a 20-120 , you got a good weight adv. over the goat.
Thanks. I think my car did very good, I have a weight advantage but he's got hp and aero advantage.

One thing that seemed to hurt me is not having the flatfoot shifting software. The 06 STi pulls timing on shifts to protect the drivetrain.

I'd like to go from a couple different spots but I think the outcome will be mostly the same with him ahead by a car. I'd like to try a 4th gear roll and see how less shifting will affect the outcome.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gator sent me a PM asking me if I wanted to run last night by the time I got to talk to him yall had already run. I work till 10:30 anyway. He said you weren't wanting to stay out that late. It sounds like yall are a whole lot closer now then what you were huh? I haven't ran Gator since I was stock but he was putting it on me pretty good then (beat the **** out of me) , and I haven't run you since the cam so I don't have much to judge it on but I was making solo runs on my way home last night 40-120 runs mostly and it feels like a monster. I can't wait to get another run. We're still on for this Sat. right?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
Gator sent me a PM asking me if I wanted to run last night by the time I got to talk to him yall had already run. I work till 10:30 anyway. He said you weren't wanting to stay out that late. It sounds like yall are a whole lot closer now then what you were huh? I haven't ran Gator since I was stock but he was putting it on me pretty good then (beat the **** out of me) , and I haven't run you since the cam so I don't have much to judge it on but I was making solo runs on my way home last night 40-120 runs mostly and it feels like a monster. I can't wait to get another run. We're still on for this Sat. right?
Yah it was some really good runs, it would have been nice if you could have made it. I had to get up early this morning so I we called it a night around 10pm. It was a lot closer this time, I'm really happy with the runs. Roll races are my weak point and to stay that close with a 438whp rwd is badass. I bet that cam really woke your car up I want to see the rematch between you and Gator Maybe you guys can get a practice run in before Sat. Keep me posted!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was definatly some good runs last night and was alot of fun. Blackbird's STI is not joke and is neck snaping quick off the go. In fact when I honked the third time and we hit it I thought I was in trouble. His car took off a couple feet ahead of me. As soon as I got up in the RPM's and the little LS2 started talking the fight had just begun! I was pulling ahead. I think there was about a car lenght between my back bumper and your front end but none the less it was some great runs. I guess we will know for sure this saturday when you bring the camera.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Restricted User

Good Run....
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

dude what part of nc do you live in???? I'm from hiawassee ga
Old 12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
dude what part of nc do you live in???? I'm from hiawassee ga
Cherokee Co. Andrews/Murphy area.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Cherokee Co. Andrews/Murphy area.
I live in blue ridge now...... You know anyone that lives in hayesville?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Teching In

if you live in blue ridge i have prob seen you, whats done to your car?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Yes my Mom works in Hayesville.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

tuning is pretty much it as of now.....planning FI and/nitrous. I'm trying to build a pretty good sleeper honestly.

Do you know a Kitt blackbird?

Where you at brian?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

tuning is pretty much it as of now.....planning FI and/nitrous. I'm trying to build a pretty good sleeper honestly.

Do you know a Kitt blackbird?

Where you at brian?
im from ellijay, but i know quite a few ppl from the ridge, i know of kitt.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I work at ETC man....... Went to HS with the kitt. Used to be real tight with him but I moved off and went to school and ****....

How the hell have I not seen your ride man? Trust me any v-8 stang is being hunted by me anytime I'm in the camaro.

Where do you go to run??? I used to go to commerce in the s-10 but I want to get a baseline in this thing and don't really wanna drive that far.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Yeah I work at ETC man....... Went to HS with the kitt. Used to be real tight with him but I moved off and went to school and ****....

How the hell have I not seen your ride man? Trust me any v-8 stang is being hunted by me anytime I'm in the camaro.

Where do you go to run??? I used to go to commerce in the s-10 but I want to get a baseline in this thing and don't really wanna drive that far.

i dont go to the track much, i do a good bit of street racing, but if i do go to the track i go to calhoun or silver dollar. calhoun is only 1/8 mile but its like 30 min from ellijay and its well prepped they run there every sunday 12-5

and i hate to tell ya if you hunt my v8 stang you may end up bn the meal lol
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

i dont go to the track much, i do a good bit of street racing, but if i do go to the track i go to calhoun or silver dollar. calhoun is only 1/8 mile but its like 30 min from ellijay and its well prepped they run there every sunday 12-5

and i hate to tell ya if you hunt my v8 stang you may end up bn the meal lol

Oh yeah I know FI stangs are to respected. I could be mean and throw some goofy gas on it and make it closer though

Calhoun sounds nice...Just looked it up paradise huh

Sucks even though I will race cars I KNOW will destroy me I have honestly not lost a street race yet and had the car for 3 or 4 months. Of course I don't really cruise looking for them either. The fast cars are really hard to find on the street it seems.....
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs guys!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah I know FI stangs are to respected. I could be mean and throw some goofy gas on it and make it closer though

Calhoun sounds nice...Just looked it up paradise huh

Sucks even though I will race cars I KNOW will destroy me I have honestly not lost a street race yet and had the car for 3 or 4 months. Of course I don't really cruise looking for them either. The fast cars are really hard to find on the street it seems.....

your just not lookin in the right places lol. i raced a guy from blue ridge with a cam and 100 shot and pulled him by a couple cars. i think his name was yank or something.

just let me know if you ever wanna ride over there one weekend. you can follow me over
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

your just not lookin in the right places lol. i raced a guy from blue ridge with a cam and 100 shot and pulled him by a couple cars. i think his name was yank or something.

just let me know if you ever wanna ride over there one weekend. you can follow me over
That guy on this forum?

definitely man....They running all winter?